GDT: 1/19/09 - 8:00 PM ET-New Jersey @ Nashville

RunninWithTheDevil

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

(27-15-3, 57 PTS) large.png 8:00 pm ET large.png(20-22-3, 43 PTS)

thanks z-man for your GDT

A successful road trip has the New Jersey Devils on the cusp of the Atlantic Division lead.

http://devils.nhl.com/team/app?gameNumber=...mp;service=page

Devils can move into first place with a win, Pando most likely out: http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

tsn gameday: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?hubname=nhl-predators

Hopefully we see a lot of good stuff from Zajac once again, and SHANAHAN!

shanahan_hs.jpg

072107preds.jpg

losers.jpg

300.jpg

njbind.jpg

LETS GO DEVILS! PREDATURDS SUCK!

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Jersey is coming off of a big 3-1 division win over the lowly NYI on Saturday night, look to finish up their 6-game road trip successfully with a win. New Jersey is 4-1 on their current 6-game road trip and will have newly acquired Brendan Shanahan in the line up tonight in his first game of the season and his first in New Jersey since 1991. it will be interesting to see which Devils player will be the odd man out tonight.

Nashville was embarrassed in their last game losing to Atlanta at home on Saturday night 7-2, so the Devils cannot take this team lightly.

With a win tonight, New Jersey will be all alone in 1st place of the division 1-point ahead of the NYR and 2-points ahead of Philadelphia. Devils need to keep their PP going when given the oppurtunities and continue to do well on the PK.

*Just an added note on this New Jersey/Nashville game that I had to throw in*

New Jersey will face an old friend, but good one and now captain of Nashville Jason Arnott, who is still one of my favorite players in the NHL and one of my all-time favorite New Jersey Devils. Arnott was part of New Jerseys best line they ever had in their franchise which was called the "A" (Sykora-Arnott-Elias) that all New Jersey fans already know or should know by now. Arnott was also responsible for scoring one of the biggest SCF GWG in the NHL and in New Jersey history that gave them their 2nd SCC in 2000, something us New Jersey fans will never forget.*

Arnie20984375DEF.jpg

The GWG, Game 6, 2000 SCF.

arnott00gw.jpg

This should be a good game to finish up the long road trip for the Devils.

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

Edited by SatansDevils

Let's go out and take first place from those New Yawk bastards, and then welcome our Atlantic Division leading hockey team home on Wednesday with a packed house.

LETS GO DEVILS!

i have a feeling it will take shanny a couple of games untill he starts playing well

I agree. It will definitely take some time, but my question is how much ice time will he see? and what line will he be playing on? and who will be scratched for him? Rupp?

I agree. It will definitely take some time, but my question is how much ice time will he see? and what line will he be playing on? and who will be scratched for him? Rupp?

Only guy I could see Sutter taking out of the lineup.

I wanted to see Shanny in his first game back, but at least this way he gets his feet under him a bit more for the came against the Habs. Devils seeking their fourth straight win and to take over the division lead, I think they are going to play some good hockey today and hopefully get off to a good start.

Nicely put SD about Arnott, I root for the Preds because of him- but in this case, his oldmates :P

LETS GO DEVILS

madden won't be coming out of the lineup tonight. i don't even understand why people think he's the odd man out. he has played well on the third line these past few games and sutter won't break that up. it's either pando or rupp. i say pando sits. unless NAS doesn't have a legit heavyweight, then he may sit rupp.

Let's Go Devils!

nashville doesn't have a legit heavyweight, except for wade belak, who hasn't fought in his last five games.

rupp has just played too well to take him out. his last 5 games: 0 points, 7 PIMs, 10 shots on goal.

pandolfo's last 5 games: 1 assist, 0 PIMs, 1 shot on goal. in fact, pandolfo has 1 shot on goal all month! you can't be a legitimate NHL forward and get one shot on goal in the better part of a month.

i mean, it'd be a crime. 10 shots on goal in 5 games is about as good as any non-elias, non-parise player on this team.

Edited by Triumph

Either Pandolfo or Rupp will sit, it will probably end up being Rupp.... even though it should be Pandolfo, because he isnt having a great year at all this year.... Pandolfo has been a great player over the years for us and Ihave treamendous respect for him as a NJ Devil but this year he hasnt been as effective as previous years....

hard to believe a couple of months ago we had a hard time filling a full team and using half our lowell team, now we have to sit a regular to fit in shanahan.

nashville doesn't have a legit heavyweight, except for wade belak, who hasn't fought in his last five games.

rupp has just played too well to take him out. his last 5 games: 0 points, 7 PIMs, 10 shots on goal.

pandolfo's last 5 games: 1 assist, 0 PIMs, 1 shot on goal. in fact, pandolfo has 1 shot on goal all month! you can't be a legitimate NHL forward and get one shot on goal in the better part of a month.

i mean, it'd be a crime. 10 shots on goal in 5 games is about as good as any non-elias, non-parise player on this team.

Nashville does have jordin tootoo, who while he hasn't been fighting much tends to run around a bit, so I hope that Rupp is around to take care of him.

Even Sutter commented that Rupp played well and Madden's been playing well, so he just might sit Pando.

The more I think about it the more I realize, Pando is the odd man out.

To start you'll see

ZZpop

EZG

Rolston-Maden-Clark

Rupp-Holik-Shan (Pando can play here in place of Rupp)

Once Shannahan gets his legs you'll see a legit third line of

Rolston-Madden-Shann

and a new crash line of

Rupp-Holik-Clark (Pando should play here in place of Rupp)

Clarkson will play in Shanny's spot after PPs