GDT: Chicago @ Devils- Chasing History Version: Marty goes for 552&#33

MadDog2020

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stepped away from my computer to give Brodeur a standing ovation with the rest of the fans. What a great moment, I'll never forget this. Its moments like this that make being a Devil fan so special and such a honor.

Martin Brodeur! #1 552 wins and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Marty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great night for him and Elias!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Marty!!! You are the best all time. Now let's really burn things up in the playoffs. TSN cut to the end of the game so that I could watch Marty cutting his net. Funny stuff. Lou was laughing his ass off and MacLean was standing with his mouth open like a fish, kind of dumbfounded.

you couldn't get the smile off my face for the last ten minutes.

elias and brodeur - these are tremendous players. all-time greats. i really regret not going to tonight's game - the crowd was really into it tonight. it's how every night should be - i know it's impossible, but there it is.

now to the important stuff. this team is a fvcking cup contender. i've said it since scott gomez and brian rafalski left. this was the year. this was what lou was going to have to do. and it's all coming together - this is a tremendous hockey team that has the looks of a team that's going to go deep - the best team the devils have iced since 2001. the best goalie on the planet, the best non-ovechkin left wing on the planet, a tremendous forward complement, solid defensive work - start the playoffs already. i know new jersey's ready. we're through getting records - now it's just time for everyone's name to be written into forever on the stanley cup.

Edited by Triumph

Obviously one of the greatest nights in the history of the franchise. I mean could this have been scripted any better? In the same night that Marty breaks the wins record, Elias becomes the leading scorer in franchise history as well. It's ridiculous but this is what you get with the Devils. I'm very proud to be a fan of this team and there is no denying that this season looks to be something special.

you couldn't get the smile off my face for the last ten minutes.

elias and brodeur - these are tremendous players. all-time greats. i really regret not going to tonight's game - the crowd was really into it tonight. it's how every night should be - i know it's impossible, but there it is.

now to the important stuff. this team is a fvcking cup contender. i've said it since scott gomez and brian rafalski left. this was the year. this was what lou was going to have to do. and it's all coming together - this is a tremendous hockey team that has the looks of a team that's going to go deep - the best team the devils have iced since 2001. the best goalie on the planet, the best non-ovechkin left wing on the planet, a tremendous forward complement, solid defensive work - start the playoffs already. i know new jersey's ready. we're through getting records - now it's just time for everyone's name to be written into forever on the stanley cup.

just got back.

incredible atmosphere. you're right to regret it. best night the devils have had at the rock since it opened.

i took a bunch of pics and i'll put some up in a bit.

the st. patty's day theme was in full effect. the newark fire department bagpipe band was playing around the concourse before the game and during intermissions - quite a site.

i don't know if it came off on tv as it did in the arena, but after gionta scored, everything was focused on elias - unfortunately, the refs didn't get it as the announcer kept making the point and even though rolston tried to step out of the faceoff circle for 10 seocond, the ref yelled for him to get back in. i know it was still a hawks PP, but i thought that was bunk.

whatever though - just a great night. bettman was in our row as well and when rupp got in the fight, gary was the only one who didn't stand up to watch.

i don't know if it came off on tv as it did in the arena, but after gionta scored, everything was focused on elias - unfortunately, the refs didn't get it as the announcer kept making the point and even though rolston tried to step out of the faceoff circle for 10 seocond, the ref yelled for him to get back in. i know it was still a hawks PP, but i thought that was bunk.

it did come across on tv. the crowd was on its feet pretty much from that point until the end of the 2nd.

whatever though - just a great night. bettman was in our row as well and when rupp got in the fight, gary was the only one who didn't stand up to watch.

obviously he was typing on his twitter feed about how fighting sucks.

Just got back.... best atmosphere since 2003 game 7 vs Ducks

Only messs up was they just couldn't get the timing right to announce Patty's # 702....and I guess the crowd drowning out Marty's post game, in arena, interview.

St Patty's Day theme just added to the party which began early...

SO exciting there will be no sleep for me tonight.

by the way, is this the time to point out that white missed the entire 2nd half of the game? TG says its a lower body injury.

let's hope that's not serious.

feh. he has to get his injury for the year out of the way, now's the time to do it instead of in the playoffs like normal.

Have yet to watch the game. Just watched the last minute and celebration after. What a fvcking career.

You know I was thinking how this really worked out well for Elias. Any other Tuesday night at the Rock, there might be 14,000 people in the arena, and realistically I doubt everyone was going out of there way to go the game for that record.

With Brodeur about to beat his record, you get a packed house ready to cheer for anybody and anything, and the reaction and ovation was not going to be topped otherwise.

What a night. Must have been awesome to be there.