Langenbrunner out for at least 2 games

bdubdevs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why you have depth. one of these games is easily winnable.

I agree with what you wrote but also agree with Devils731 from another thread saying it would have been nice to give Bergfors a better chance earlier this year so an offensive guy like him could step in without taking away a player from the bottom two lines. I'm still not ready to panic though, I think the Devils can find a way to win one of these next two games and thats all they need to do. I will be more than happy with a split in Carolina.

I agree with what you wrote but also agree with Devils731 from another thread saying it would have been nice to give Bergfors a better chance earlier this year so an offensive guy like him could step in without taking away a player from the bottom two lines. I'm still not ready to panic though, I think the Devils can find a way to win one of these next two games and thats all they need to do. I will be more than happy with a split in Carolina.

the reason why we didn't is because there were no major injuries in the top 6 all year.

the reason why we didn't is because there were no major injuries in the top 6 all year.

That's true, but I'm always a fan of giving younger guys a few full games during a season just so they know what to work on in the AHL. So even without injuries I'd give guys extra night's off or low minute games, especially when dinged up, just to get a few younger guys 2 or 3 decent games a season.

I know that isn't the Devils way so I don't expect it and am not surprised by it, just a different philosophy.

well now we see the worth of the coaching staff

shuffle the talent (maybe Shanny with Parise and Zajac... just anyone but Elias... I'd prefer Clarkson but whatever)

this team CAN still win these games... but they gotta play the A game... in the playoffs where that should be a GIVEN anyway

I wouldnt mind clarkson with parise and zajac as he adds much needed grit let p and z handle the fancysmancy stuff.

But langs will be missed Im positve that we still will take one on the road tough

Sorry for the double post!

PS

What is all this garbage of taking one on the road? People saying im sure we can win 1 of the 2. Fvck that! Go into Raleigh and you slay these fvckin Whalers with a Harpoon! If the Rangers can shut down 2nd Seed Ovie-tals, then why cant we shut down this 2nd rate team??? This is 3rd seed taking on 6th seed. And before they were 6th seed they were like 16th. So lets go, get both of these fvckin games in NC, and have a nice Jamie homecoming and win Game 5! We had yesterdays game, then seemed to lose all confidence when the 1st goal was disallowed, then i dont know what happend. It was a fluke. Bench that piece of crap Havelid, because I swear he sux, and bring up Leach or Greene. I also would leave out Holik because thats just asking for overtime work for our PK.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

If losing Jamie Langenbrunner moves us from cup contenders to a first round knockout, we weren't going anywhere anyway.

This is a good statement.

The Habs lost Denis Savard near the end of playoffs '93 and he ended up on the bench as an assistant coach. They won the Stanley cup that year.

ONE player (as much as like him) does not make a team. It is how you respond to it, your attitude, and who they insert in the line-up. It is a puzzle that has a number of possibilities and opportunities with several that could work out.

Rolston I think has had a unfair shake this season. People assumed he'd be given loads of minutes on the top line with the scorers... It didn't work, he got hurt and has played on the fourth line a good bit. Maybe he comes up big now. Maybe it is someone else.

Remember, the team came together this season when Brodeur went down. There are other leaders who do can step up and be that voice. I think there are one or two who don't have an "A" even who could step in (Shanahan and White) and be a voice of reason. Shanahan for one is respected and would be the perfect guy for an emergency "A". He was the "C" in Detroit no matter what patch was on Yzerman's sweater. Yzerman was a quiet leader somewhat like Stevens. He led, spoke up, and delivered on the ice. He may not be able to deliver like he used to, but people will listen if he talks.

Sorry for the double post!

PS

What is all this garbage of taking one on the road? People saying im sure we can win 1 of the 2. Fvck that! Go into Raleigh and you slay these fvckin Whalers with a Harpoon! If the Rangers can shut down 2nd Seed Ovie-tals, then why cant we shut down this 2nd rate team??? This is 3rd seed taking on 6th seed. And before they were 6th seed they were like 16th. So lets go, get both of these fvckin games in NC, and have a nice Jamie homecoming and win Game 5! We had yesterdays game, then seemed to lose all confidence when the 1st goal was disallowed, then i dont know what happend. It was a fluke. Bench that piece of crap Havelid, because I swear he sux, and bring up Leach or Greene. I also would leave out Holik because thats just asking for overtime work for our PK.

I like the way you think, brother! I still thought we outplayed them yesterday; we just need to bury the damn puck.

This is a good statement.

The Habs lost Denis Savard near the end of playoffs '93 and he ended up on the bench as an assistant coach. They won the Stanley cup that year.

ONE player (as much as like him) does not make a team. It is how you respond to it, your attitude, and who they insert in the line-up. It is a puzzle that has a number of possibilities and opportunities with several that could work out.

Rolston I think has had a unfair shake this season. People assumed he'd be given loads of minutes on the top line with the scorers... It didn't work, he got hurt and has played on the fourth line a good bit. Maybe he comes up big now. Maybe it is someone else.

Remember, the team came together this season when Brodeur went down. There are other leaders who do can step up and be that voice. I think there are one or two who don't have an "A" even who could step in (Shanahan and White) and be a voice of reason. Shanahan for one is respected and would be the perfect guy for an emergency "A". He was the "C" in Detroit no matter what patch was on Yzerman's sweater. Yzerman was a quiet leader somewhat like Stevens. He led, spoke up, and delivered on the ice. He may not be able to deliver like he used to, but people will listen if he talks.

Yeah, but the Devils can't go 2-7 or whatever it was before they went on the streak when Brodeur first got hurt.

Just to add to what you said, how fast are some of you people forgeting we won a cup without our top center in the finals 03 Joe Nieuwendyk? Surely they can at least win one game in Carolina.

I like the way you think, brother! I still thought we outplayed them yesterday; we just need to bury the damn puck.

I agree. Call me crazy but I too believe we can take both in NC. We're going to have to work really hard, but I've seen pretty good effort out of our team the past two games. I'm not on the, "we just have to steal one" game from the Canes in NC. F them. They have to steal a game from us.

I agree. Call me crazy but I too believe we can take both in NC. We're going to have to work really hard, but I've seen pretty good effort out of our team the past two games. I'm not on the, "we just have to steal one" game from the Canes in NC. F them. They have to steal a game from us.

I agree- fvck them. Let's win 'em both. We're due to win down there. Enough is enough.

If we want to win the two games which is possible we need:A good PP i mean one that scores not like our

super powerplay.We also need players like Rolston, Zubrus to start doing something we also need to brainwash

Holik so he stops getting these dumb ass penalties and finally we need a player like Elias or Shanny to be the

Leader in the room until Langs get back.

We're going to get blown out the next two games, then come home-- Langs will be in the lineup, and we'll lose by a goal. NJDevs board spirals down the tubes, while fans are throwing themselves off buildings left and right. The Devils never quite come back from such a crushing defeat, especially because the Rangers go on to sweep all 4 series' and win the Cup. Next year, the Devils go 12-65-5, and at the trade deadline, the Devils move Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, and the eventual #1 overall pick to the Rangers to re-acquire Scott Gomez, where he continues his pace of a goal/18 games. Lou Lamiorillo then retires, and the New York Rangers buy the Devils out, renaming them the NJ BlueShirts. The BlueShirts then move back to the IZOD center so the Rangers can take over the Prudential Center: and continue their pace- winning their 2nd cup in a row. This board is now called NJBlueShirts.com, and I have a picture of Marty, Drury, and Gilroy (the 2-time league MVP) hoisting up the newly named Messier-Cup.

And if none of that happens, you'll be pleasantly suprised. Hope that helps!

Should I be :rofl: or :evilcry:?