Gomez future to be determined..

yort44

good luck dealing that contract!

Yea. Sorry Rags your gonna have to deal with that aweful contract... and Redden's... and Drury's...

and Lundqvist's... and Rozsival's... and Naslund's... (nope, lucked out on that one)

You can get where I'm going.

personal feelings aside, its too early to cut bait on gomez.

the contract stinks and i'd doubt that edmonton would want it - even if they were to shed penner. gomez's contract is longer and much more onerous.

with torts forechecking scheme and a sure bet the rangers will try to acquire offense this offseason - be it through trade or UFA - they'll try to get gomez someone to work with.

i would say that gionta going there is a very strong possiblity - which frankly i'm fine with. the rangers will give gionta 3/12 and he'll be a 3rd line player for them.

Love this wish list from a stupid Ranger fan:

San Jose is looking to make big changes and they might be looking to deal Thorton and Cheechoo. I don't think they'd trade Marlow. He's their captain and he's the only one who performed well in the playoffs.

My wish list:

Thorton and Cheechoo for Gomez, Drury.

Package Zherdev and some prospects for Marty St.Louis.

Sign the Sedin twins!

Love this wish list from a stupid Ranger fan:

San Jose is looking to make big changes and they might be looking to deal Thorton and Cheechoo. I don't think they'd trade Marlow. He's their captain and he's the only one who performed well in the playoffs.

My wish list:

Thorton and Cheechoo for Gomez, Drury.

Package Zherdev and some prospects for Marty St.Louis.

Sign the Sedin twins!

Their fans are stupid enough to forget to throw Sather in the trade.

Gomez looked lost as he consistently turned over the puck in traffic while just as consistently turning away from hits. Neither Gomez's mind nor body were willing or able to assume the burden and responsibility commensurate with the job as first-line center.

Sounds like they're describing the Scott Gomez that played with the Devils. Brooks is talking out his a$$ when he says that they didn't expect him to turn into a different player after signing the huge contract.

Big market hockey. It's what ruined the NHL aand caused us to have this salary cap. If there were harsher restrictions on the big market tams like the Rangers, Flyers, Red Wings, and Leafs, who constantly dominate the FA market year in and out, trowing ridiculous contracts at players like the Gomez and Drury one, I bet it wouldo do wonders for the league in many ways. Just MHO.

Thanks for posting the article. It is hilarious reading the Rags talk about Gomez. Notice you don't hear about how the Devs didn't use him properly any longer. In fact, it seems to me that the Rags aren't utilizing him properly. I mean, look at his numbers and compare them with the Devs years, especially this year..... I guess we did know how to use him better after all....

:rolleyes:

I noticed that when Gomez was with us, we were among the lower scoring teams in the league. $8 million later he has helped to cut the Rangers team scoring to almost all-time lows.

Great investment Slats, Lou's judgement prevails again.

Its funny that Sather was looking to trade Gomez to Vancouver in order sign Sundin last July. The no trade clause will kill the Rangers.

Rangers should be looking to dump Drury. Gomez is only overpaid by like a million dollars. Drury's contract is absurdly bad.

drury's production has about equaled gomez's - i agree his potential to get better is less, but he also has a ton of heart and scores clutch playoff goals and also was the pitcher on the 1989 little league world series team. but yeah i do have to laugh at the fact that sather never even looked at drury's shooting percentage. i mean, these are very basic things that i would check as a general manager.

sundstrom: unless the rangers non-tender zherdev they don't really have room for gionta. but i do agree that the rangers are a likely destination.

Edited by Triumph

Still love Gomer. Would take him back in a heart beat.

I'd take'em back too, but I think I'd want him hazed or something. You know, like he has to eat 100 goldfish or play a couple years for the Rangers as punishment for leaving....

oh wait....

:blink:

Edited by AEWHistory

sundstrom: unless the rangers non-tender zherdev they don't really have room for gionta. but i do agree that the rangers are a likely destination.

From what I heard from people and the impression they have... Torts is not so high on Zherdev and this well could happen... or they just trade him

they think our team is a mess... look at the Cap hell Rangers and Flyers are in :blink: