Who replaces Sutter? (If he leaves)

twillms73

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another MacLean in the league that could be considered, the Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean. He would be a viable option considering the success that Todd McLellan had in San Jose despite a first round exit. Teams would be stupid not to consider him as a coaching candidate.

There is another MacLean in the league that could be considered, the Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean. He would be a viable option considering the success that Todd McLellan had in San Jose despite a first round exit. Teams would be stupid not to consider him as a coaching candidate.

i think we have had enough first round exits

Johnny Mac seems the obvious choice.

Unless there's a snowball's chance that Burnsy could coach.

As much as I don't think Johnny is the coach you want behind your bench, no matter how long he's been in NJ, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lou Dawg says, "Screw it. You da man, Johnny."

If Lou goes this route instead of going out and finding a coach outside the franchise, I hope it works out for you guys.

Hire some flunky. Doesnt matter anyway until around January. Then fire him and bring in someone who turns around the season and the team peaks just in time for the playoffs. Seems to be a pretty good formula for Eastern teams.

Hire some flunky. Doesnt matter anyway until around January. Then fire him and bring in someone who turns around the season and the team peaks just in time for the playoffs. Seems to be a pretty good formula for Eastern teams.

If the Penguins could do it mid-season with Bylsma, we could do it with Beelzebub.

In the NHL, you really should.

No idea why everyone thinks Stevens would be a savior. I love the guy, but he can't lead by example as a coach.

Does it really surprise you?

There's a contingent on this board that has zero hockey sense when it comes to personnel involved formerly with the legacy of this organization.

No idea why everyone thinks Stevens would be a savior. I love the guy, but he can't lead by example as a coach.

Maybe not, but he could probably bitchslap some moron like Havelid when he costs us a fvcking playoff game by being a moron in front of his net.

It's funny how as a board we get on Lou for always going back to the future (bringing back Rolston and Holik, if he brings back Lemaire) yet as a fanbase Devil fans want nothing more than to have the roster and staff filled with people who once won for the team. Just look at the gillion bring back Claude posts over the last decade and Stevens for coach posts the last couple years.

I could see Scott Stevens being an assistant coach of the Devils ONLY IF John MacLean becomes the next coach. I still believe Lou has Peter Laviolette on his radar throughout this whole Sutter waiting to make a decision. I would not mind seeing Peter Laviolette become the next Devils coach.

To paraphrase the famous banner from One Night Stand II:

If [Lemaire is signed] we riot!

I don't know about the rest of you but I wouldn't be disappointed to see Bob Hartley get a shot.

Is he the guy everyone has been talking about who coached Trenton to the Kelly Cup? I'm too lazy to look back and check.

my money is on Lemaire. Lou has had a thing for living in the glory days lately. I think his reasoning will be "Jacques Lemaire brought this organization it's first Stanley Cup and he knows how to implement a successful system that will work. I have full confidence that he can do it again, etc."

mark my words, it's gonna happen.

as for free-agency, my prediction is that Lou is going to wait it out and grab 1 or 2 role players after all the big-name signings are over (by the Rangers, Avalanche, Flyers)....