The Official Rangers Suck Thread

Triumph

What most Ranger fans, the media, and even Torts don't seem to understand is that the Ranger 5 game point streak is from games with (in order) Thrashers, Islanders, Islanders, Flyers, Hurricanes, Panthers, Islanders and Flyers. The only teams that have any skill are Flyers, Thrashers and Panthers and all those teams aren't really considered top shelf in quality at this time. The Flyers are the most dangerous due to their skill level and I suspect they'll bounce back big time. They are a better team that they are showing.

The Rags get the Hurricanes back to back which will give the fan base a false sense of security. After those games they go on to....

Stars

Thrashers

Bruins

Devils

Senators

They'll lose to the Stars, Bruins, Devils and Senators and then let's see what happens in the media. They may even lose to the Thrashers with their potent Offense. I do take a lot of joy watching the Rangers falter. The hatred begain with MATTEAU, MATTEAU.

F them.

Scoops

Some funny quotes, from another thread, re: last night's loss:

To add to the comedy factor, I went through the Rangers' forum last night and got some great nuggets as well. Keep in mind these forum replies are in chronological order throughout the duration of the Flyers 6-0 pummeling of the Rags last evening. Enjoy.

---------

I hope Tortorella gave this team a stack of self-help books for Christmas

This team is lifeless

You better start praying. I'll lit some incense. Magnolia.

2-0. Game over.

Time to reach for the power off button. These guys suck tonight.

everyone at MSG, just leave now.

Just leave.

Our only hope is Gaborik tearing apart this scrub goalie...but we're going to have to stop them from scoring at will first.

good night..

Pull. Henrik. Now.

Torts just blew a gasket.

The Rangers look like Latvia's Junior team.

At least we have the heavily censored Torts press conference to look forward to.

true...our d has been standing around and doing jack as usual but hank has been awful as usual....which is fine because normally he's outstanding but at least 2 of those 3 hank should have stopped if he is to be considered elite. i know its hard for a lot of you to swallow but hank just hasn't been as good as he should be and it becomes all the more obvious when the rest of the team sucks as bad as they do every other game

Jesus christ...

That .922 SV% that he came into the game sure is awful. Are some of you honestly like 5 years old or something. Hfboards should really start administering an IQ test before you can join the site

This team isn't good. Look at the forwards for this game. Tells you everything.

Most intensity we get comes in the post game press conferences. Knew this team was gonna start tuning out Torts eventually, but not this soon.

this team is SO flawed in so many position... its scary.

Jesus, guys, chill the hell out. Just because the team blows doesn't mean the forum rules no longer apply, okay? Knock off the flaming.

That period blew my mind. It's not even a lack of skill tonight, its simple effort.

Tell me about it. Flipping to the Devils / Penguins in HD in between commercials and going back to the Rangers / Flyers is just painful. I don't know how the NYR don't get precedence over the Devils on MSG+.

Fisrt shot on Johnson goes in, 4-0

Absolutely awful decision by Tortorella. Sure, let's take a promising young goalie and stick him in a game where we're getting shelled. That's going to be fantastic for his development.

These guys have flat out quit. What a shame. Sather has to go.

Well I'm not too sure what this team can do now. Basically just get embarassed the rest of the game and maybe Sather will be canned (hopefully) or players will be moved. This team is horrible even if they are healthy, I mean look at this 'effort'.

LOL This team is so sad

This team has officially reached a comical level of awfulness.

What a disgrace. Where are the fire sather chants ?

Here's hoping we lose 10-0.

Being outshot 26-9. Weaksauce.

I don't know if I'm watching some sort of comedy show or if this is really a hockey game.

honestly these kind of games are probably the best thing for us in the long run. they have to help keep the organization from making stupid deals like the one for Antropov last year. if we lose 5 zip it's gotta be hard for the brass to actually think we are only a piece or two away.

To think I was a click away from spending $200 to go to this game

Woo Hoo lottery bound.

I'm close to giving up on this season

Every time we give up a breakaway after a Kotalik turnover at the blueline take a swig of beer. Every time Higgins misses wide from the circle in take another shot. Post your BAC...

Time to take a massive dump post Indian food. Disgusting this team is, especially Sather. I noticed a fire Sather chant that quickly dwindled down. Must be Dolan's peons threatening people. ALL HAIL SATHER! I just wish I could shove a cigar into sather's ear.

Lol at the stanley cup contender thread. If this team can only play well after veteran benchings, a screaming coach, and rumors of a GM firing....and a week later immediately return to their horrendous brand of hockey, obviously the message is effective....

What a remedy coming up....2 back to back against the Hurricanes. They win those games and all of a sudden things look different in the standings, which again hides just how bad they really are or speaks volumes about how bad the rest of the conference is.

This isn't as much of a remedy as you might think it is.

The Hurricanes have actually been playing better lately. They're 5-5-2 in their last 12 and have beaten both Pittsburgh and Washington on the road during that run. The Rangers are 5-4-3 over their last 12. The Rangers could very easily come out of this two-spot with at least one loss.

Nice little thread at HF right now on the Ranger board about how unfair it was that the Rangers didn't get the HD feed last night. Fvck you I say! It happens like twice a year and its not our fault that your jackass owner pays a sh*t load of money to broadcast the "Debbies" Deal with it. Ah the entitled attitude rears its ugly head once again.

Edited by SickMan

Nice little thread at HF right now on the Ranger board about how unfair it was that the Rangers didn't get the HD feed last night. Fvck you I say! It happens like twice a year and its not our fault that your jackass owner pays a sh*t load of money to broadcast the "Debbies" Deal with it. Ah the entitled attitude rears its ugly head once again.

i also saw rangers fans complaining about it - so they couldn't see their miserable team lose in vivid color. i do wonder what the agreement is between the 4 teams about who gets the HD feed(s).

i also saw rangers fans complaining about it - so they couldn't see their miserable team lose in vivid color. i do wonder what the agreement is between the 4 teams about who gets the HD feed(s).

Well whatever the deal is the Rangers get more games in HD then either the Devils or Islanders that is for sure. The Rangers have 4 games left on MSG2 for the remainder of the season, 2 of which are against NJ. So technically it is 2 non HD games since MSG+ will carry the HD feed for those games. Cry me a fvcking river.

edit: The Devils have 6 non HD games left with 2 being against NYI, so its technically 4. I'm by no means complaining but they're out of their minds thinking they have some kind of gripe here.

Edited by SickMan

Ranger fans need to calm down. The Devils didn't bump the Rangers. The Knicks did. The Knicks were using MSG. IF there was no Devils game, I'm sure the Rangers would have gotten MSG+, but since that is the Devils 'home' channel, they get priority.

Ranger fans need to calm down. The Devils didn't bump the Rangers. The Knicks did. The Knicks were using MSG. IF there was no Devils game, I'm sure the Rangers would have gotten MSG+, but since that is the Devils 'home' channel, they get priority.

Devils 'home' channel or not I find it kind of funny that a team played a home game at MSG and is shown on the MSG Network that has 2 HD feeds and their game wasn't shown in HD - I know if I was a Rangers fan I would be upset. I don't care how few non-HD games Rangers

• 2 weeks later...

bump, lol at rangers not scoring on their fake 51 shots. it's like the suits in the lower levels who did the accounting for AIG and Citibank were running the MSG shot counter last night.

The SOG seemed legit. Many were taken during flurries.

This is the sarcastic, over the top, doesn't matter if it's true thread.

...which Derek is well-aware of (or should be by now). Derek...logic. Door. Leave.

I was wondering if there was an angle we could find to resuscitate this thread, with the Rangers playing much better as of late. Suffice it to say Tri found one...nice! :cheers:

It shouldn't matter where I post it. Keep mocking our team.

The Rangers-Devils GDT is more appropriate for the possibly inflated SOG topic. It was even brought up there.

When? By February? Last night sucked. For obvious reasons, I couldn't recap it. Instead, I had some fun with their ineptitude.

In case you didn't notice, there's this magic thing called a puck in it. After tonight's humiliation to Mike Brodeur (really), the Rangers have been shutout two straight and haven't scored over the last 144:23. The last goal came off the stick of waiver pickup Erik Christensen in Boston 37 seconds into the third of a 3-1 win.

You know. Wins cannot happen without goals. In case you've been stuck in a cave, our team can't score to save its life. They probably would've aimed and misfired at the two Jersey Shore bimbos sitting front and center with plenty of cleavage. One kept bending over giving us some entertainment.

Attention: New York Rangers

would take them all day long in the playoffs, i hope they make it

michiletti is having some kind of nervous breakdown i think

Yeah, the Canadiens are as soft as they come. What was even funnier is that Gomez is now getting booed every time he touches the puck on BOTH sides of the river. Congratulations Gomer! Did you head to Starbuck's after the game?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Micheletti released a few polywogs during the last half of that game. He truly is unlistenable.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped for relevance.

Now 2-5-1 in their last eight, and just three points ahead of 13th-place Tampa Bay, who has two games in hand.

Over those eight games:

Shutout 4 times.

17 GF, despite scoring eight goals in one game and six in another.

Gaborik's last 16 GP: 3 G, 9 A, -3, held pointless in 10 out of the 16 games. 7 out of his 12 points came in the 8-2 and 6-2 blowouts of Tampa Bay and Montreal, respectively.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976