3rd edition GDT: Maple Leafs @ Devilchuk 7:00pm EST

Devil Fan

Wow, what an electric ending! I was extremely happy after that 3rd goal, but it was kinda beetersweet, because I would still lose my bet. Then Pandolfo with the winner literally had me jump out of my seat! :) Boy, it's good to be on the winning end of these come backs again!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ON the one hand: The Devils played like garbage

ON the other hand: What a freaking win.

1. Zharkov played great, I think Kovalchuk coming inspired him

2. Rolston did a great job shutting down Zajac and Parise all night.

3. Marty recovered for the 3rd period, but he got bailed out from a poor performance

4. Until the final 4 minutes the team was just bad.

5. Oduya to Salmela looks like a clear downgrade to me, but hopefully Martin coming back will make it not so damaging.

6. Kovalchuk is not yet in sync, but is so talented he can still make stuff happen. By the postseason I expect big things.

Hard not to feel great after such a win, but really the Devils gave quite a disappointing performance tonight. Hopefully they build off the final 4 minutes next game and look much better.

kovalchuk takes long shifts and the way he does it is by kind of not skating - it's why people think he's lazy. he's basically conserving energy for when he gets the puck and can go 100%. i thought he had an okay game.

i actually thought pandolfo had a really good game outside of his goal - he was making things happen, which is something i can't really say for him lately.

salmela got a ton of ice time, i was quite surprised, but greene is coming off the flu and playing 2 games in 2 nights. he looked like anssi salmela.

This is one of those instant classics I expect them to show over the summer on MSG+ for years to come. What a win!!!!!

I hope not - the first 45 minutes were dreadful to watch! The last 15 made it worthwhile though...

Maybe they just replay the 3rd period as a compromise... :whistling:

This is one of those instant classics I expect them to show over the summer on MSG+ for years to come. What a win!!!!!

I think it'd be best if they only aired the last 5 minutes. Lol. Disappointing game most of the way but damn what a finish. Kovy really ran that PP, drew Leafs towards him with the fake shot and then what a beautiful slapper by Zajac... that's probably our prettiest PP goal all season. Those last 3 minutes show what this team can do when we're really skating, wish we could try doing it for a whole game!

well that went from being an abject failure to a fantastic finish.

love what our new russian star brings to the power play...just oozes talent and confidence with the puck!

When Patty gets back it will be mind blowing to see those two working magic...hope elias makes a speedy return to 100%!

kovalchuk takes long shifts and the way he does it is by kind of not skating - it's why people think he's lazy. he's basically conserving energy for when he gets the puck and can go 100%. i thought he had an okay game.

i actually thought pandolfo had a really good game outside of his goal - he was making things happen, which is something i can't really say for him lately.

salmela got a ton of ice time, i was quite surprised, but greene is coming off the flu and playing 2 games in 2 nights. he looked like anssi salmela.

I agree, I was telling my girl that Pando looked energetic and he must have been excited about Kovalchuk as well. Mottau played more minutes than Greene. He's still sick and it's obvious. I also noticed he doesnt do that leg lift on his blueline shots anymore.

I also hate to, but have to, admit that Peters had a good game today. He actually controlled the puck a little!

Someone also said earlier that Rolston succeeded in shutting down parise and zajac...hahaha, completely agree.