NHL will decide whether Devils and Flyers are snowed out

Rock

it sucks about the weather and all, but why should the devils do anything? they're not in the best position either for tonight -- no fans means no concessions means no money. yeah, they still get money off of those who paid for the ticket, but you kind of run the risk by purchasing the tickets in the first place: inclement weather happens sometimes, 'specially in the dead of winter.

as many have already stated, there's no place for the game to be made up and since both teams and their equipment are already at the arena, why cancel?

it sucks and i feel for ya but it happens.

you answered your own question - concessions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have 3 tickets to tonight's game and there is no possible way I am going to get there. It's supposed to be my brother's first hockey game but NJ transit is down and i'm definitely not driving. I hope the NHL understands this and offers some sort of compensation to those who can't make it. I was skeptical about cancellation until this last hour when it really started to come down while I was cleaning off my car. state of emergency has to mean something.

lol, taken from the forum on nj.com/devils

vtdevil

Posted by vtdevil

February 10, 2010, 1:54PM

Play the game for the simple reason that the Philly fans won't be able to make the trip up the snowy Turnpike in their IROCs and Mitsubishi Eclipses. They'll probably stay home w/ mom and take care of G-T-L instead.

you're not getting compensation. if you buy tickets to a game in January or February, caveat emptor. if they gave compensation, what would they do in Buffalo if they had a bad lake-effect year? sh!t, it could snow for every home game there all winter....

it sucks, but what are you going to do?

for some reason i can't get all of the devils homepage to load. my girlfriend called twice, once yesterday and this morning. Both times they acted like a$$holes like it's some sort of abnormality that people are calling and asking the "what if" questions. I'm going to call them in a few, but if they continue to act like I'm bothering them, I'll give a piece of my mind because regardless of being a fan or not, we are also customers that deserve some sort of respect. If you call, hopefully you get better results.

just checking the schedule, there's no open date. the only thing we could do is get Edmonton to move to the afternoon on that Sunday, and play the Flyers on the Monday after. but that doesn't matter, because the Flyers are already booked for that date.

it will 1000% be played tonight.

you're not getting compensation. if you buy tickets to a game in January or February, caveat emptor. if they gave compensation, what would they do in Buffalo if they had a bad lake-effect year? sh!t, it could snow for every home game there all winter....

it sucks, but what are you going to do?

i agree with this. it was a nightmare last night here in chicago and they had no problems for the hawks game. hell, they still sold the game out.

obviously transit is different here, but still -- you just can't go and compensate the fans for every snow storm that happens. it's not the best time of year and the game just has to be played. that's that. the devils would be awesome if they DID compensate the fans in some shape or form, but they are in no way obligated to do so. they can't be blamed for a blizzard.

I called. The game is def on. I think they've been getting a lot of calls because the guy immediately was like "The game is still on, unfortunately it's not really our call"

So I didn't want him to think it was a fan calling to complain so I just said I was calling to make sure because trains were getting shut down everywhere and he was laughing saying that the whole situation sucks and he'd be interested to see how many people actually show up.

The reason the game is on is because the Flyers came a day early because of the storm. a$$holes.

The weather was an issue here in DC for Sunday's Caps/Penguins game. Although we were in a similar state of emergency (even though the snow had ended the Metro wasn't fully running and streets were not plowed), the game was not cancelled. Many Caps fans were similarly angry at the Caps for not cancelling, but we were told that the NHL makes the final decision - not the teams. As long as the teams (remember the trek the Pens had to make to get here from Montreal), the officials and the media is there the game will be played.

There's no point in getting angry at the Devils - nothing they can do. Caps fans wanted tickets to a future game, also and that was ruled out, mainly because there are no tickets available. But since hockey is a winter sport, and snow happens in winter, no NHL teams that I know of offer makeup tickets for a game that is actually played, even if it's in a blizzard.

That said - we've got almost 3 feet of snow outside from the two storms and there's no end in sight! You know it's bad when the Federal Government is closed - 4 days and counting!

I called. The game is def on. I think they've been getting a lot of calls because the guy immediately was like "The game is still on, unfortunately it's not really our call"

So I didn't want him to think it was a fan calling to complain so I just said I was calling to make sure because trains were getting shut down everywhere and he was laughing saying that the whole situation sucks and he'd be interested to see how many people actually show up.

The reason the game is on is because the Flyers came a day early because of the storm. a$$holes.

What sort of info are you getting on the trains? I live in Linden and I have 100% intentions to get there. Im meeting my brother there and he is taking the train from Brooklyn.

I don't think there's much of a problem with the trains. I'm just sayin that the trains are delayed and lot of them are cancelled and combined (those are listed on the njtransit site). The snow is reportedly supposed to get worse throughout the day up until 7-9pm. I'm worried about getting there but not being able to get back