Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did look at the schedule, but you people look at the schedule and say things like 'okay well that's a win, that's a loss, that's a win, that's a win', which, congrats on getting lucky i guess, because that's a totally ridiculous way to evaluate the future.

I hate looking at schedules that way too...just penciling in wins and losses based on the opponent. Bad teams beat good teams constantly. Besides, fans who tend to get upset over losing to a lesser team tend not to look at the other side of it...like the Devils managing a 9-1 record against the Pens and Caps. There's other factors too, like facing a bad team that's playing well on the day you play them, fatigue, how your team is playing, etc.

As for the Rangers, they've had to play damn near perfect hockey from a record standpoint to pull this off...7-1-1 in their last nine. I said in the Rangers Suck thread (on 3/17) that I thought they'd find themselves relevant simply because they always seem to find themselves in this kind of position late, and that Lundqvist has a way of coming up big in these situations, but what they've pulled off with such little margin for error had been impressive. Of course, some Sunday night it may not matter...but if they can pull off an 8-1-1 in their final 10 to get in, even if they don't do a damn thing once the playoffs start, I give them credit for getting there at all.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Did anyone notice that the Bruins scored 3 shorthanded goals on one powerplay? I tried a quick google search to see what the record is, but couldn't find anything.

That is really insane. Without even looking it up, I guarantee that is a record. There is no way this has ever happened before.

That is really insane. Without even looking it up, I guarantee that is a record. There is no way this has ever happened before.

Appeared to have been a 2 minute powerplay as well. Again, to be clear, that's what the yahoo sports running box score said, but it's usually accurate.

Montreal better win tonight. If they lose in regulation, we are playing either the Rangers or Flyers in 1st round

Assuming the Devils hold on to 2nd.

Also, if the Habs get an OTL and the Flyers win, the Flyers finish 7th (Habs 8th). If they OTL and the Rangers win, the Habs finish 7th (Rags 8th).

Edited by David Puddy

I'm extremely disappointed that Montreal lost in OT tonight. It makes things much harder for us. Unfortunately, now I have to root for the Rangers tomorrow because I'm sure Washington will destroy them, whereas if Flyers win and we get one point tomorrow (which I have a feeling we will), we play them in the first round.