GDT: Game One: Flyers at Devils 04/14/2010 7:30 PM

PattyElias26

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our PP last year wasn't as horrid with Jamie on the point.

He seems to work there, and I still don't know why he's not there.

Kovy hasn't done that well at the point, and yet, he still continues to bet here. I don't get it. I just don't.

Elias/Kovy-Zajac-Parise

Langenbrunner-Martin

I don't know why this just doesn't happen? Our PP in the past wasn't as bad with these guys.

i'm still waiting to see a canon from kovalchuk. he had quite a few opportunities to fire the puck on boucher tonight and he passed the puck away...for a turnover or a failed scoring chance. he says he wants to score more with us -- well -- you had a few chances tonight. F-in convert!

This was a very frustrating game to see tonight at the Prudential Center. The crowd was electric before the game, in the 1st period and when the Zajac goal was scored. There were not that many Flyers fans as we all normally see, but you can bet there will be a lot more come Game 2 on Friday night.

The Devils PP costed them this game like it has for many during this season. They have to find a way to just keep the PP simple and just get to the net in front of Boucher and screen his ass to make a SOG and get some PPG. They are just all over the place and just passing the puck way too much on their PP. this will be one of the reasons ZIF the Devils lose this series and out again in the 1st round of the playoffs. It killed them the last two seasons in the 1st round and it did here in Game 1 already. Going 0-5 and had a 4-minute double minor and did nothing. Not good. It has to improve if they want to advance into the second round.

Power play (0-for-5) let Devils down in Game 1 loss to Flyers

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/04/power_play_0-for-5_let_devils.html

It was the turning point of the game, as far as the Devils were concerned.

When Flyers defenseman Oskars Bartulis high-sticked David Clarkson, drawing blood, the Devils were given a four-minute power play at 2:12 of the third period. They couldn't capitalize.

"That's not the way you want to start the third period when you're up, 2-0, to have to kill four minutes in the first five minutes of the period," Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said. "I thought the penaly kill did a real good job."

The Devils looked at it from the opposite viewpoint. They were disappointed in their power play, which finished 0-for-5.

"That's the reason we didn't win," Ilya Kovalchuk said. "We tried to be too complicated."

just really disgusted and pissed off over this loss when I know the Devils outplayed them in almost every part of this game and came up short. Boucher was lucky at times and it was clear as day that there were SIX men on the ice on the second Flyers goal! Refs really blew that call and thius game for the Devils. Devils were just not getting the bounces. Also Elias has to stop that ridiculious back pass that never works and twice it took them right out of the offensive zone on an offsides.

I still believe this Devils team IS the better team and will still win this series over the Flyers. It is only GAME 1 people. No need to be so negative and give up already. Devils must win Game 2 to make this a series.

i'm still waiting to see a canon from kovalchuk. he had quite a few opportunities to fire the puck on boucher tonight and he passed the puck away...for a turnover or a failed scoring chance. he says he wants to score more with us -- well -- you had a few chances tonight. F-in convert!

can he? I don't know if he's playing injured. he seems to troll for wrist shots alot.

Oh and Lemaire,

can you please fvcking put back our scoring line and our top line of Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner!

Also can you please put Kovalchuk - Elias - Zubrus on the second line please?!?!

Thank You!

P.S. STOP JUGGLING THE FVCKING LINES ALREADY! IT'S THE PLAYOFFS! PUT THE TWO TOP LINES BACK!

The fact that I saw 3 Phaggot fans get the ever-loving sh!t kicked out of them was the highlight of the night for me. They were gripping their sticks too tight. They lost this game in the 1st period when they couldn't bury one of the number of good opportunities they had. Gave away home ice, now we gotta win one down there no matter what. Friday is a must-win. And that's not a term I throw around either. It really is a must-win.

The fact that I saw 3 Phaggot fans get the ever-loving sh!t kicked out of them was the highlight of the night for me. They were gripping their sticks too tight. They lost this game in the 1st period when they couldn't bury one of the number of good opportunities they had. Gave away home ice, now we gotta win one down there no matter what. Friday is a must-win. And that's not a term I throw around either. It really is a must-win.

Gotta agree with the Dolphin fan here <_<:lol: But yea, Kovy was just god awful. TERRIBLE! Jaime played like sh!t as did Rollie. Yea the regs made (or didn't make) some bad calls, but our team was just flat after the first period. YOU HAVE TO BURY THEM WHEN YOU HAVE THAT MANY SHOTS. fvcking disgrace. Def have to win Friday. But after tonights performance, I'm not even gonna spend the money for Friday.

eh, Kovalchuk got some legit scoring chances, which is more than I can say for some other players. I'm just getting used to the other stuff, because, well, he's going to be someone else's problem in July. he's incredibly skilled but dumb. what can you do.

The thing is Rollie went on the wrong side of Pronger,” Lemaire said. “That’s why he lost the puck. It’s little details when you get in front of the net. It’s all little details. You’ve got to be on the strong side of a player if you want to be able to control him and control the puck when the puck comes.

So why put him back in to play after that ... he deserves the bench ...

If you cant work out what lines work best after an 82 game regular season your never going to figure it out.

The annoying thing is this team is put together off the ice, by lou, its custom built, players have their roles, its like one big simple square dot to dot drawing, all the coach has to do is join the dots up and the team should be fine.

Except JL thinks he has some sort of chiken shaped dot to dot, and he has drawn so many lines trying to get it right he is at a point where all he has is one great big mess.

When i heard the day before a playoff game Rod Pelly was on a line with Patrick Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk i knew there was going to be trouble.

Lemaire, just pick the best lines and stick with them, stop overcoaching. We keep trying to match what the other team is doing. F*ck the other team, play our game, make them chase us, make them try and figure us out.

We didn't get a lot of the bounces again in this game , but thats no excuse, but there are potentaly 6 more games left in this series, im pretty sure we win friday.

Kovy was awesome last night as well.

I have never been more dissapointed with a player than i am with Brian Rolston.

eh, Kovalchuk got some legit scoring chances, which is more than I can say for some other players. I'm just getting used to the other stuff, because, well, he's going to be someone else's problem in July. he's incredibly skilled but dumb. what can you do.

He has plenty of time (at least 3 games) to make me eat my words, but I'm convinced that Kovalchuk is the kind of player who can fill the net and pad his stats for bad teams, where there isn't a whole lot on the line. True superstars who shine in the big moments find a way to bury at least one of those scoring chances last night, and don't make the terrible and baffling decisions that Kovalchuk seems to make on a nightly basis...all of which become that much more glaring when he's only scored 10 goals in 28 GP as a Devil...yeah, I know he scored at a much higher pace than that with the Thrashers, and I don't really care, because they likely looked the other way when it came to other aspects of his game (many of which are shaky) as long as he scored goals and gave Thrasher fans a reason to come to the games, overall development be damned.

Friday's another game and another day. Hoping the Devils remember that Brian Boucher isn't Dominik Hasek.

NHL.com hails Boucher as the difference maker.

except for the one save he made on kovy from the slot in the first, everything else was routine.. I wasnt impressed with him, I was dissapointed in the devils forwards

Rolston is such a dog, like many of you I wonder why hes even playing.. Salvadore again with a dumb play gave them that PP they scored on

does kovy really need to play all 4 minutes on that PP? .. and get the guy down low please.. get off the damn point.

great point before.. if you cant figure out your lines after 82 games youre screwed.. wtf is with all the mixing .. let them play.

ahhhh sooo frustraiting watching this low scoring team.. these days in the NHL high scoring teams dominate those defensive teams.. lack of scoring will be the downfall of this team once again.

.... when SJ gets knocked out once again.. and since Kovy is not gonna get signed next year.. how about making a bid for J.Thornton.. he can provide some offense for this team.