New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything like this ever happened before in NHL free agency, especially where rumors have gone back and forth between two teams so much?

i don't think it's taken a top player this long to sign in a long time. not that i can remember, anyway.

Jeez the guy screwed up, but he came back today with an explanation and acted civil enough, there's no need to keep this going forever.

He's been doing this since he GUARANTEED and swore up and down on his family tree that Gomez would NEVER EVER NEVER sign with the Rangers :P

Has anything like this ever happened before in NHL free agency, especially where rumors have gone back and forth between two teams so much?

I think the most similar case would maybe be the Heatley case last summer.

He's been doing this since he GUARANTEED and swore up and down on his family tree that Gomez would NEVER EVER NEVER sign with the Rangers :P

Not only that, but it's usually just taking something rumored in the news and stating it as 100% true because of sources. These "sureisms" never seem to happen before something is already out there in the news.

funny enough, the second Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) and Brooksie said the Kings were dead, Kings fans with "sources" (how many people really have sources that they can find these things out from in July... :lol:) started saying he's signed.

then again, we had quite a few people that swore up and done he was signed a couple of days ago, complete with their own "sources" that they can somehow hit out of the blue in July.

Edited by maxpower

funny enough, the second Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) and Brooksie said the Kings were dead, Kings fans with "sources" (how many people really have sources that they can find these things out from in July... :lol:) started saying he's signed.

then again, we had quite a few people that swore up and done he was signed a couple of days ago, complete with their own "sources" that they can somehow hit out of the blue in July.

i'm somewhat curious who brooks's source is, because it would make sense for it to be grossman's camp. that's not really a fair offer unless kovalchuk is really risk-averse, which i doubt he is, given his one on four rushes into the zone.

i really wish we could hear the full story on the last few days, but we never will.

i'm somewhat curious who brooks's source is, because it would make sense for it to be grossman's camp. that's not really a fair offer unless kovalchuk is really risk-averse, which i doubt he is, given his one on four rushes into the zone.

i really wish we could hear the full story on the last few days, but we never will.

Until the book is written...

Good point there. Salvador and Langenbrunner could be on the move. As far as parise I think Lou will have the money next season especially with Arnott's contract is up @ $4.5M to re-sign Parise longterm.

Maybe Parise will remain an alternate captain and to lure Kovy here more in his contract give him the captaincy of the team if Langenbrunner is traded. Unless Parise wants to be and should be the next captain of the Devils IMO.

I don't know about that SD, if anyone should have the captaincy, it should be Elias, by a fvcking country mile. Parise is still learning his trade, and while he is a leader by example with his work ethic, Elias has more tenure ( and more talented than Parise, and I love Parise)

If it wasn't for that xenophobe Sutter, Elias would still be captain. Langenbrunner is not captian material, he has the wrong temperament and takes stupid penaties at crippling times.

I don't know about that SD, if anyone should have the captaincy, it should be Elias, by a fvcking country mile. Parise is still learning his trade, and while he is a leader by example with his work ethic, Elias has more tenure ( and more talented than Parise, and I love Parise)

If it wasn't for that xenophobe Sutter, Elias would still be captain. Langenbrunner is not captian material, he has the wrong temperament and takes stupid penaties at crippling times.

Elias crumbles under the pressure.

Elias crumbles under the pressure.

Yeah, he really crumbled in the ECF versus Philly :rolleyes:

How many OT GWG has he scored in his career :unsure: How long have you been watching NJ :unsure:

Let's have a little respect here for the greatest offensive player the Devils have ever had, Patrik Elias.