New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, i heard the expression plenty when i was your age many moons ago as a college kid in the early 90's and it scared the sh!t out of my parents and it's scaring me now lol.

Remember, you typed up a post with sarcastic Bush references in it trying to be funny (and possibly get a reaction which you suceeded in doing ;)), so we're both guilty keeping ourselves occupied until 5 :cheers:

:cheers:

Well since we need to pass the time, how's the accounting field looking for jobs? My gf is a senior too and she's an accounting major.. We're both nervous about getting jobs after school.. I'm in marketing which seems to be the first thing a business cuts when things go south

Which Twitter accounts?

chesnokov, dreger, mckenzie, kyper and tg. i have done absolutely no work all week. i almost feel like i should give back some of my paycheck.

Does anyone have money on the league doing nothing and just letting the deadline pass...?

I think there is a 4th option where they announce that they will neither reject nor approve the deal and let the deadline lapse.

:cheers:

Well since we need to pass the time, how's the accounting field looking for jobs? My gf is a senior too and she's an accounting major.. We're both nervous about getting jobs after school.. I'm in marketing which seems to be the first thing a business cuts when things go south

One good thing about accounting (in any field of it) is everyone needs one in business or private. Can't exist without them. What most college grads need to realize is when you graduate, entering into accounting based fields are tenured/experienced positions especially if you are working for a company/business which 99% you will be. Do not expect to start at $50K, office, perks, etc. Take any entry position you can get and work your way up. Alot of college grads stomp out of school, diploma in hand expecting alot, but not understanding they need to start someplace before they get to where they want.

One good thing about accounting (in any field of it) is everyone needs one in business or private. Can't exist without them. What most college grads need to realize is when you graduate, entering into accounting based fields are tenured/experienced positions especially if you are working for a company/business which 99% you will be. Do not expect to start at $50K, office, perks, etc. Take any entry position you can get and work your way up. Alot of college grads stomp out of school, diploma in hand expecting alot, but not understanding they need to start someplace before they get to where they want.

Yeah it seems like every place that is hiring wants experience, but it's a catch-22 because it feels like you need experience to get the job, which will provide more experience.. Any tips for interviews?

Yeah it seems like every place that is hiring wants experience, but it's a catch-22 because it feels like you need experience to get the job, which will provide more experience.. Any tips for interviews?

Definitely research the company and ask questions that focus specifically on the company

Yep, it's a damn Catch-22 for sure. :( That's why working as you're in college in any type of business environment you can is important. Anything. You have the same thoughts about the experience issue everyone does, including me at 36 lol. "how can i get experience if no one allows me to get it?". :noclue:

Interviews are nerve racking and stressful, but be yourself, be confident without a sense of arrogance, be honest and smile. Let the interviewer see you have a personality, because in the office world, you have to have social skills almost as much as the skills for the job. :cheers:

I've been in public accounting for the past 5 years, ever since I got out of college. My advice is to get a job in auditing, so when you get all your experience you'll understand all the areas of the accounting department. If you go straight into industry I think you're limiting yourself as to what experience you'll get.

Interviewing sucks, but research the company, have good questions lined up about how the company operates, what it's about, and what's in it for you. Unless you're completely desperate, you want to make sure the Company is a good fit for you too, it can make or break your early career.

Anyways, lets sign Kovy already so we can focus on the hockey, there's 10 million side conversations in this thread, it cracks me up.

Edited by njdevilz4

Yep, it's a damn Catch-22 for sure. :( That's why working as you're in college in any type of business environment you can is important. Anything. You have the same thoughts about the experience issue everyone does, including me at 36 lol. "how can i get experience if no one allows me to get it?". :noclue:

Interviews are nerve racking and stressful, but be yourself, be confident without a sense of arrogance, be honest and smile. Let the interviewer see you have a personality, because in the office world, you have to have social skills almost as much as the skills for the job. :cheers:

Thanks for the pointers Ken!!