New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading Zajac would really hurt this team in more ways than one....

I see Zajac as a slightly better Madden with less edge and aggressiveness. A nice #2 center that could get a decent prospect and a pick or maybe a second and third round pick in return (maybe more if the Devils were dealing from a level playing field). But trading a young good center on a team that needs centers doesn't make much sense unless it was a last resort desperation move. The other option is, if the Devs feel like they want to win the cup while they still have Marty and go all out, maybe trading him and Rolston for Koivu on the Ducks. Only 2.5 till 2012 and he probably has a good season or two left in him.

Can't wait for the signing so someone who knows computers can design a Kovy image like the Obama Hope one but with Devils colors. Do it someone do it. Put Kovy in place of Hope.

Hope leaves room for doubt. You should just believe. Why make fans wait this long? Even if it isn't approved, what does procrastinating the outcome do, but lose time? Remember last time we heard from them it wasn't until LATE in the day and the answer was not liked by some. I am still a believer... Kovalsuck we don't need you. What will people say about him if we fail to get out of round one 1 again with him? He has never been able to prove that he can elevate his game in the playoffs when he has been there.

I see Zajac as a slightly better Madden with less edge and aggressiveness. A nice #2 center that could get a decent prospect and a pick or maybe a second and third round pick in return (maybe more if the Devils were dealing from a level playing field). But trading a young good center on a team that needs centers doesn't make much sense unless it was a last resort desperation move. The other option is, if the Devs feel like they want to win the cup while they still have Marty and go all out, maybe trading him and Rolston for Koivu on the Ducks. Only 2.5 till 2012 and he probably has a good season or two left in him.

Huh? Zajac is a lock every year for between 60 and 70 points, with the potential to be a regular 30+ goal scorer. Plus he's a solid defensive forward. Much better even at this stage of his career than Madden ever was even if you could compare the two.

EJHradek_ESPN

Expect NHL ruling on NJD/Kovy contract closer to 5 pm deadline. The league definitely will be issuing a statement.

Reading the tea leaves the fact that they're issuing a statement might be a good sign that the contract is going to be approved with some sort of reservation of rights and warning that teams shouldn't go any further.

Huh? Zajac is a lock every year for between 60 and 70 points, with the potential to be a regular 30+ goal scorer. Plus he's a solid defensive forward. Much better even at this stage of his career than Madden ever was even if you could compare the two.

Reading the tea leaves the fact that they're issuing a statement might be a good sign that the contract is going to be approved with some sort of reservation of rights and warning that teams shouldn't go any further.

Daniel I appreciate your cool, calm and collected legal analysis. I am pissed off and this whole situation just irks me.

To echo what Daniel said... Zajac is a 60 point guy at the age of 25. Madden's highest point total was 43 and that was 3 years ago. They are very different players. Plus, Zajac has chemistry with Parise, Langs and Zubrus that we know of.

Can't wait for the signing so someone who knows computers can design a Kovy image like the Obama Hope one but with Devils colors. Do it someone do it. Put Kovy in place of Hope.

Slapped this together. The site I used to do it wouldn't let me change the colors though.

original_image.png

Daniel I appreciate your cool, calm and collected legal analysis. I am pissed off and this whole situation just irks me.

i agree, i like the fact that dan posted that to give us easily angered people a reason to try and stay calm

all in all, though, i hate gary bettman and i hope dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell

oh and add to it i have to work from 1 until at least 930 tonight, i'll be finding out at the midpoint of my shift and probably the busiest, so i wont find out until 6 or 7 probably :argh: :argh:

EJHradek_ESPN

Expect NHL ruling on NJD/Kovy contract closer to 5 pm deadline. The league definitely will be issuing a statement.

Just out of curiosity, why do they wait this long to issue an statement if this decision has already been made? Do you think they are combing everything with a fine tooth comb making sure everything is correct and legal?

Just out of curiosity, why do they wait this long to issue an statement if this decision has already been made? Do you think they are combing everything with a fine tooth comb making sure everything is correct and legal?

because the NHL is "PR-challenged". Even last time the decision was made public until AFTER 5 pm!

Nope thinks the NHL higher up's are bing complete @#$%^&*! Sorry wanted to keep it clean

Agreed.. I feel like they wouldn't be issuing a statement just to say "no"