New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds so awesome.. TCNJ is doing a career fair in late September so I'm going to attend that.. Never done one before though.. My other good job lead is that I know the GM of the Camden River Sharks and if he can't get me a job with them his wife might be able to get me a job as she is the head of Vitamin Water's marketing dept.

Have a few at the RAT before the job fair it will be more fun...

I have a feeling it's going through and they're working on a statement along the lines of "this must never, never happen again, so I and my friends at the PA will have a workshop in order to put non-nebulous guidelines out for contract signings."

this makes a lot of sense and jives w/ the tweet from kypreos about a mutual resolution between bettman and fehr, which was quite cryptic.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Doesn't make it any less petty, especially if it's a rejection.

it's not petty. it's getting one's ducks in a row; being prepared for whatever comes. look, i think it sucks too, but i think describing it as petty is a little overboard. it's also possible that lou et al already know.

Edited by Triumph

I think some people here are just upset that there are no "leaks". I'm one that feels that it's not leaked because it's accepted. I think there would be some internal leaks if it was rejected.

Who really knows,anyway. It's all been an epic clusterfvck that will go down to the final minute, so it's fitting.

this makes a lot of sense and jives w/ the tweet from kypreos about a mutual resolution between bettman and fehr, which was quite cryptic.

it's not petty. it's getting one's ducks in a row; being prepared for whatever comes. look, i think it sucks too, but i think describing it as petty is a little overboard. it's also possible that lou et al already know.

It doesn't take till the 0 hour to get your ducks in a row. This is posturing, a power trip, also known as petty.

I think some people here are just upset that there are no "leaks". I'm one that feels that it's not leaked because it's accepted. I think there would be some internal leaks if it was rejected.

Who really knows,anyway. It's all been an epic clusterfvck that will go down to the final minute, so it's fitting.

True, and I will not be surprised if there is no announcement today and it goes into tomorrow.

Not trying to stir the pot or be insulting but.....

I always get a kick out of fans that think the team, the league, the players "owe them anything". Like this endless waiting for a deadline is torture. Be a winless, hopeless TOR or FLA fan - that's torture. Nothing even worth checking the internet about!

Really, does anyone here think the league or the franchise or Bettman is sweating over a group of college/high school kids and middle-class-salary-paid adult fans refreshing a message board and checking tweets every 30 seconds on here, HF boards, or other sites. Its the corporate dollars and the folks with the big $$$ to burn that turns the wheels of pro sports.

Sure better attendance from average Joe would be nice be that is so much $$$ and big dollar interest in this decision that the last thing on anyone's mind (involved in the actual deal and decision) is people waiting. This is a huge decision with massive ramifications.

It doesn't take till the 0 hour to get your ducks in a row. This is posturing, a power trip, also known as petty.

why doesn't it? this is one of those instances where getting what you wish for isn't a good thing. the devils delivered a contract within the hossa contract that contains incentives for kovalchuk to play the final years of the deal. burke is right with what he said yesterday to dreger - the contract actually looks worse. but the NHL has a hard time saying no to it. it also doesn't want to have more of these deals pop up with fake tails. lord knows what SJ would have in store for joe thornton.

of course, the flip side would be that they're going to reject the deal and have a "war crimes tribunal". which would definately require the PA's involvement, or at least notification.

something along the lines of getting a list, saying "these guys will be allowed to play under their contracts this season, but at "set date in June" we're going to arbitrate every single one of them."

Edited by maxpower

Not necessarily. They can let the Devils / NHLPA know, but not make a public announcement.

this would undoubtedly leak out.

of course, the flip side would be that they're going to reject the deal and have a "war crimes tribunal". which would definately require the PA's involvement, or at least notification.

something along the lines of getting a list, saying "these guys will be allowed to play under their contracts this season, but at "set date in June" we're going to arbitrate every single one of them.

it's way too late in this for me to go into the CBA, but the NHLPA would never accept this, even in its defanged and lifeless state.

I hate re-asking this question but is that a fact, can the NHL still come back later and question the contract or is it set up that they have till 5 to have a problem with it.

Thats what ive been hearing, if they completely ignore it and not make an announcement or ruling it becomes an approved registered contract

this would undoubtedly leak out.

it's way too late in this for me to go into the CBA, but the NHLPA would never accept this, even in its defanged and lifeless state.

well... put to an up or down vote, I'm not that sure. one of the interesting things about Fehr was his seeming disinterest in arbitrating the first Kovalchuk contract. and these deals cost Average Joe Grinder money.

Edited by maxpower

something along the lines of getting a list, saying "these guys will be allowed to play under their contracts this season, but at "set date in June" we're going to arbitrate every single one of them."

The PA, the players or the teams affected would have grounds to sue in court to stop this. A fair reading of the CBA is that once a deal is approved, assuming there is no evidence or claim of under the table payments or something like that, there is no agreement to arbitrate. A court would probably issue an injunction halting any kind of arbitration.

why doesn't it? this is one of those instances where getting what you wish for isn't a good thing. the devils delivered a contract within the hossa contract that contains incentives for kovalchuk to play the final years of the deal. burke is right with what he said yesterday to dreger - the contract actually looks worse. but the NHL has a hard time saying no to it. it also doesn't want to have more of these deals pop up with fake tails. lord knows what SJ would have in store for joe thornton.

They should have laid the hammer down on the Hossa deal. Approving that deal opened up this Pandora's Box. That contract had a great chance for an NHL win at arbitration.

Edited by pattyelias

well... put to an up or down vote, I'm not that sure. one of the interesting things about Fehr was his seeming disinterest in arbitrating the first Kovalchuk contract. and these deals cost Average Joe Grinder money.

they cost much less than 1% right now. and to everyone on the teams in question, they are worth way more than that 1%, because of the value they add to every player on the team. if i'm a minimum salaried player on the chicago blackhawks, do i want duncan keith on a front-loaded deal? hell yes i do. if we win the stanley cup, someone might think i'm special and offer me double what i'm worth, like the stars did with adam burish.

the first kovalchuk contract was pretty absurd. this one may be worth fighting for.

Edited by Triumph