New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

it worries me though because i get targeted a lot for these schemes. I must have that dumb founded look on my face when i shop hahaha

With one guy i told him I lived in NC and I had to continue that lie for a good 15 minutes (pulled a george costanza)

Lol it is possible, but I got approached 3 times when I just got out of college and was able to avoid them. At least you did not end up like Michael Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzl1cIgLz3A

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, from a fans perspective, if you don't like the league or the rulings then don't go, don't support the team. To say the league is worried about fans is like saying the airlines are worrying about passengers... sooner or later, you can get mad all you want, eventually you'll come back. That's what makes us fanATICS.

Lol it is possible, but I got approached 3 times when I just got out of college and was able to avoid them. At least you did not end up like Michael Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzl1cIgLz3A

one of my dumb friends got caught up with one at the college he was going at. he paid a guy he didnt know 150 bucks for "training start up kit" and the guy disappeared and the start up kit was all generalizations and charts with no data on it haha :giggle:

he also got caught up with Vector twice where you sell steak knives

I tried to post a differing opinion respectfully here....

If you feel differently how about we engage in an intelligent discussion?

Or is this just more personal bias?

Pepperkorn gives DevilinLA a gift: a sense of humor - does DevilinLA accept?

You've forgotten we already covered this topic - hence my post.

But, from a fans perspective, if you don't like the league or the rulings then don't go, don't support the team. To say the league is worried about fans is like saying the airlines are worrying about passengers... sooner or later, you can get mad all you want, eventually you'll come back. That's what makes us fanATICS.

I'm in a very emotional state here damnit! Let me vent. I understand the reality.

From Twitter

TGfireandice

Not that it's any surprise at 3:40, but I'm told it won't be until the final hour that NHL announces anything on Kovy contract.

TGfireandice

Also, speculation that sides are making changes to Kovy contract submitted on Fri is false. NHL can only rule on what was submitted on Fri.

Edited by Devilzibook

one of my dumb friends got caught up with one at the college he was going at. he paid a guy he didnt know 150 bucks for "training start up kit" and the guy disappeared and the start up kit was all generalizations and charts with no data on it haha :giggle:

he also got caught up with Vector twice where you sell steak knives

Haha exactly and then you have to pay more to get more info, and that info is just more generalizations. They make no money from sales, only recruitment. Because they say they sell "products" they can get around the law against pyramid schemes.

I knew someone too who sold Vector for a little bit and he said those knives were not better than any others and spent all day going door to door selling those things. Now the latest fad is that acai berry drink junk that promises to make all of your health problems go away.

I hear Primerica a bit too and basically you become your own boss as a financial consultant. Would you trust a 22 year old kid just out of college with little to no experience with your money? They say they are part of Citigroup to make you feel at ease. True they are part of Citigroup, but many times Citigroup has tried to unload them in the past and cannot since it is giving them a PR black eye.

Pepperkorn gives DevilinLA a gift: a sense of humor - does DevilinLA accept?

You've forgotten we already covered this topic - hence my post.

Ignore ... just kidding.

Well clearly there are many in this thread who seemed to have forgotten.

I was just illuminating that the ramifications of this deal are huge $$$$ for the league and go way beyond Bettman and the league trying to hog up bandwith with everyone refreshing sites and twitters. Average Joe Ticket holder is the last concern in this deal.

Let me rephrase. I understand that we're the little guy and we are always the ones who cough up the cash but don't factor into the equation. I'm just venting.

As for the power trip, I certainly understand waiting till the 0 hour for an approval. Sending a message, etc. Waiting till the 0 hour for a rejection is flat out petty. No question in my mind about that.

Finally, if the league challenged Hossa they would've had a fantastic shot at the arbitration. Why wouldn't the same "retirement contract" and "artificial years tacked on to lower the cap hit" arguments have worked?

Again the zero hour announcement is because for some reason it is in the best interest of the league to do it.

As for the Hossa deal, not only was it much different than the Kovy deal but Hossa, being closer to the end of the contract would be more likely to get to the end of it. Not only that, it is the last 4 years with 1 million dollars (4 mill in 4 years) compared with Kovy's last five years at 550,000 (2.75 mill in 5 years). Not even close. However, the new deal should be approved compared with the Hossa deal.

Again the zero hour announcement is because for some reason it is in the best interest of the league to do it.

As for the Hossa deal, not only was it much different than the Kovy deal but Hossa, being closer to the end of the contract would be more likely to get to the end of it. Not only that, it is the last 4 years with 1 million dollars (4 mill in 4 years) compared with Kovy's last five years at 550,000 (2.75 mill in 5 years). Not even close. However, the new deal should be approved compared with the Hossa deal.

i wish firefighters were running the NHL office... it would be so much quicker :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6DORwBzuA&feature=related

I'm not disputing that the first Kovy deal and Hossa's are vastly different. My point is that the NHL dropped the ball not challenging the Hossa contract. That would've set a much clearer line in the sand.