Devils Mount Puckmore

DH26

Come on, we all know a Devils' Mount Puckmore would never feature any individuals' faces. It'd just be one giant logo, and the words "This is team" might be etched underneath it, but that's about all Lou would ever allow.

it'll just be the Kool Aid man :koolaid:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No seriously -- you're trying to tell Rowdy how it is here? how long has Rowdy been posting? and did you know there was a time he was a moderator even?

We're talking nearly 10 years of redundancy

:o grrrrr... :rant: sammied!

Nah, it's cool. I get what he's saying. My point is, why even bother bringing it up? It's the nature of message boards, you're going to revisit certain topics over and over, especially during slow times. Unless it happens so often to actually get annoying, but I didn't see that in this case. Trust me, the board's not going to blow up if you write a reply and decide against posting it.

Wow... Rowdy when was your original join date? Were you on njo and came here in 2001?

I might have posted once or twice at NJO under a different name, but I didn't go there often enough to even be considered a lurker. (Remember, the place was a cesspool.) I eventually found Red's old board and ended up coming over here when everyone else did. Even so, I lurked for a long time, posting occasionally when I had something to say; I probably didn't "come out of my shell" until the lockout when the board was focusing on Albany. I remember going apesh!t at my 1000th post because to me, that was a huge deal (plus a lot of people were doing milestone posts at the time).

Come on, we all know a Devils' Mount Puckmore would never feature any individuals' faces. It'd just be one giant logo, and the words "This is team" might be etched underneath it, but that's about all Lou would ever allow.

Winner.

This is a very choice, it is for franchise though, right?

Lou has to be a gimme.

Scotty too, I think

Marty MUST make this list

My heart says Dano goes in the mix too, but Doc McMullen has to be there so I guess he bumps Dano?

I can't remember my fist day here...

My mystical powers are telling me 9/9/2

LL

Stevens

Marty

Dano

Original, I know.

Honorable mention to Elias and Johnny Mac.

My mystical powers are telling me 9/9/2

Nope - that's when this second Invision board was created. The first board was massively hopping but all got deleted when we created this one. DM couldn't move it over - I had a LOT of dreams on that one.

I didn't post on red's board. DM called a bunch of us over from a different board. It had to be around August maybe late July 2001.

Doc - the voice of the franchise, if you're watching the devils there's a 95% chance you'll hear his voice.

I didn't even think of Doc, good one. He deserves something.

I think a lot of people are forgetting McMullen, who worked very hard to bring a team to Jersey and hired a no-name Lou Lamoriello.

I've said it before, I'll say it again ... I'd really like to see something honoring Doc McMullen outside the arena. I think something along the lines of what the Steelers did for Art Rooney would be phenomenal.

AustArt.jpg

I imagine a series of park benches around Championship Plaza, and sitting on one of them is a bronzed Doc McMullen, looking over the championship commemorations and the new arena with a big smile on his face. Yeah, that'd be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, ours is officially up! http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Mount-Puckmore-The-four-faces-of-the-New-Jersey?urn=nhl-266105

Wysh chose (in order) Dr. John McMullen, owner, Lou Lamoriello, GM/President/Ruler of All He Surveys, Scott Stevens, D, and Martin Brodeur G.

Honorable mentions are Dano,Johnny Mac, Nieds, Lemaire, Elias, and the immortal Neil Brady.

I think Marty, Stevens, and Lou were the givens. What do you guys think about McMullen instead of Dano?

Also, I don't know if any of you saw it, but Wysh posted an alternate Devils Puckmore on Twitter which consists of Admiral Ackbar, a swamp, a coach w/ his head chopped off and Holik's unibrow :lol:

Welp, ours is officially up! http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Mount-Puckmore-The-four-faces-of-the-New-Jersey?urn=nhl-266105

Wysh chose (in order) Dr. John McMullen, owner, Lou Lamoriello, GM/President/Ruler of All He Surveys, Scott Stevens, D, and Martin Brodeur G.

Honorable mentions are Dano,Johnny Mac, Nieds, Lemaire, Elias, and the immortal Neil Brady.

I think Marty, Stevens, and Lou were the givens. What do you guys think about McMullen instead of Dano?

Also, I don't know if any of you saw it, but Wysh posted an alternate Devils Puckmore on Twitter which consists of Admiral Ackbar, a swamp, a coach w/ his head chopped off and Holik's unibrow :lol:

I agree with Marty, Stevens and Lou.

There were plenty of guys that deserved that fourth spot.

As you guys probably know, Puck Daddy's doing a summer thing where you pick the 4 "faces" of a team and their history. So who do you guys think should be on the Devils one (it's up to you whether you choose coaches/managements guys)?

Here are my picks:

Dano-Mr. Devil

Marty-Top 5BEST goalie in history

Stevens-obviously

Johnny Mac-scored the goal to put us into playoffs for first time and holds the team scoring records

close-Elias (will hold the scoring records), Zach (hasn't been around enough or won the Cup), Brylin, Lou (just because I only wanted players, but if you're choosing non-players, he's probably first)

Fixed it for ya

... What do you guys think about McMullen instead of Dano?

Also, I don't know if any of you saw it, but Wysh posted an alternate Devils Puckmore on Twitter which consists of Admiral Ackbar, a swamp, a coach w/ his head chopped off and Holik's unibrow laugh.gif

I'll tell ya what I think of his choices.

This is a very choice, it is for franchise though, right?

Lou has to be a gimme.

Scotty too, I think

Marty MUST make this list

My heart says Dano goes in the mix too, but Doc McMullen has to be there so I guess he bumps Dano?

And that Alt bunch is a hoot!