GDT 10/09/2010 @ Capitals

MDPucks

Its Opening Night for the Capitals where I'm sure they'll make a big deal out of new SE Division and President's Trophy banners being hung in the rafters of Verizon Center.

I'll be in Section 420, row G.

Edited by mdsieve

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No HD tonight. *bitch, moan, complain, hate this fvcking setup, i want all my fvcking games in HD* :angry::soap:

I just wish they'd give SOME extra consideration to airing road games in HD. Home games, at least those of us around here can actually GO if we wanted to (and yes, I'd probably go to a game if I knew the choice was see it live or watch it in standard def). There's no alternative when it's a road game and it's not in HD, and that drives me friggin crazy.

I'm pretty sure it isnt the fact that its a road game, but the fact that the Islanders and Rags have their season openers tonight, so they are giving those teams the HD channels and pushing us to MSG+2. :(

That's exactly why. I don't know why they just can't add an extra hd channel as well. That would solve this problem for all of the devils-isles-rangers fans who deal with this same issue.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

Its Opening Night for the Capitals where I'm sure they'll make a big deal out of new SE Division and President's Trophy banners being hung in the rafters of Verizon Center.

I'll be in Section 420, row G.

If they do, they're a lamer franchise than I thought they were.

Looked good last night. Could be better but hey, its the first game of the season with alot of new guys (D). The communication between Marty and the D needs to be a little more organized but thatll come with time.

Lets Go Devils!!! Sure they've got Ovie, but weve got the ZIP line!

Time to go hunt some Capital points tonight. Bring the same energy to the offense and get the D-pairs to gel a bit at the back and we'll be fine. I give the D a bit of a break for the first game, as the pairings are all new and they need some real game time to settle down. As for the top 2 lines ... wow awesome! The transition speed was great, and the ZIP line looks fearsome. Great to see Travis score too. Arny ... welcome home friend, awesome shot on the PP and I'm liking your line too.

Come out on fire again please ... and LET'S GO DEVILS !!!

I don't know enough about hockey to know the answer to this but it has been driving me crazy for several games now.

Last night , along with many other games ( especially vs. Flyers in playoffs last year) we always get hemmed in our our zone when other team applys an aggressive fore-check. When and if we do get the puck out it is usually sloppy and we never break out with any speed ( forwards caught flat footed or just chip it out blindly).

What can we do to prevent that ( short of trading for a good PMD)? A person would think that during practice that 80% of the time would be spent learnign how to handle such a forecheck. It is the thing that gives us the biggest problems.

Also , if we are going to be a puck possession team rather than a trapping team , why don't or why can't we do anything like some teams do to us and fore-check the crap out of the other team? From what I saw we only send in one forward down low. SO far it looks like we can't sustain any sort of offensive pressure at all. Everything is off of the rush. I have yet to see any shifts where we keep the puck in the offensive end the whole time and cycle the puck and pepper the goalie.

I guess what I am trying to ask is why do we have a system that doesnt forecheck like other teams do to us ( that causes so much trouble)? And why do we have so much trouble against the other teams forecheck? Is it positioning? Is it lack of a PMD? Is it something that can be fixed through practice and systems/breakout/practice, or are we doomed to be forever exploited by this forecheck?

It is just frustrating to know we have possibly the top 6 forwards in the league but are unable to take advantage of that because we either spend most of the time in our own zone , or we can't leave our zone with any speed and set up our offense as we would like as we are all jumbled up entering the neutral zone/offensive zone.

Drives me crazy that vs FLyers in playoffs typical shift consisted of us running around our end for 80% of the time , finally chip it out , dump it in their zone and in 0.2 seconds their D has the puck back and breaks back up the ice with speed. Why the hell can't we do that.It's like an epic battle to get the puck out of our end every time unless the other team is changing. When we are on offense , it seems like they break it out with no problems at all , they have time to make a good pass out of the zone or reverse it once and hit a winger in full stride.