Kovalchuk healthy scratch??????

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has always fed us bullsh!t when it comes to announcements (you know, "lower body injury" "status quo" etc.), but this is ridiculous. CLEARLY Ilya Kovalchuk is not a "healthy scratch". He's not making more money to NOT WORK tonight than I do in a year, just 'cause the Devils didn't feel like dressing him for the game.

They really must think we're stupid.

The coach isn't that stupid to scratch his star player to make a point.....is he? It would almost be as stupid as paying millions of $ for an elite player and then changing him from his effective wing position to the other side of the ice, oh wait a minute.....he already did that! Maybe Kovalchuk finally got fed up with all the ineffective line changes?

They mentioned this on HNIC during 2nd intermission... all they said was "healthy scratch" neither Lou nor Kovy nor mb30 answered calls or messages from the HNIC guys to answer

Was Kovy even at the Rock in a pressbox or anywhere ?

He was at the morning optional skate and was taping up game sticks after so unless he blew a hammy in his shower at home it wasn't an injury.

Even if it was an injury , why not just say upper/lower body injury or even out with the flu if they wanted to hide an injury.

If it is due to lack of production or something negative he said toward the coaching staff/management/another player , I don't buy it. Every single comment made by Kovy to the media has been nothing but positive toward his outlook on the team and coaches and even him playing RW with different linemates. I have never heard him say anything remotely close to negative the entire time he has been a devil.

As far as production , to me he does not appear to be working harder than 80% of the other players on the team. He is playing on a wing that he has not played in the past decade , with different linemates from week to week , and using a system that requires him to dump and chase for God's sake. What do you expect from him production wise?

I hate to say it , but to me , something very ugly is going on behind the scenes. 7 games into a 15 year contract and there are some serious issues in the lockerroom.

Someone is butthurt about Kovy being here and it is going to be ugly I am afraid.

Edited by Egg

Listen to the press conference w/ Johnny. Something happened at practice. They had enough time to cal up Vasyunov. He said it was 100 pct his decision and that he will take responsibility for his decision. He said he MAY not play tomorrow either. When he wakes up tomorrow morning he will decide.

Not Good

Maybe Johnny Mac tried to put him on the 4th line and he got pissy. Wouldn't surprise me as Kovy's gone from playing on the the first line, to the second, and to the third line.

fvcking pick a set of lines and stick with it already.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I don't know for you guys but this sounds bad to me.

Lou seriously needs to trade and fast.I seriously don't care if he trades Salvador,Rolston,Langenbrunner or even Zubrus.I just want our Defense to start looking like an NHL one.Even with Volchenkov back in the line up it will still look like an AHL "D"

Anyway Lou will find himself obligated to trade soon because Rolston and Salvador + Fraser aren't going to be on LTIR for ever + I think that at this point its not even about trading for the cap but to change something in this team.

Does anyone think that this might be because no one wants to play with him which can also be why he gets moved around so much? Sounds ridiculous to me but it's a possibility. Regardless of his occasional bad passes and 1 on 4 rushes he has shown that he's a team player and that for the most part he's adapted to the Devils system.

Not trying to stir up paranoia here, just trying to figure this out.

Kovy NEEDS to be on the left side. Every great chance or goal he has had this season has been on the LEFT side. I have a funny feeling that this is what the scratch may be all about. Honestly let someone else adjust to the right side. Not your star player you just signed for 15 years. This team is a joke right now based on poor decision making. Its time to make the trades needed to be under cap and just let the damn team gel.

Kovy NEEDS to be on the left side. Every great chance or goal he has had this season has been on the LEFT side. I have a funny feeling that this is what the scratch may be all about. Honestly let someone else adjust to the right side. Not your star player you just signed for 15 years. This team is a joke right now based on poor decision making. Its time to make the trades needed to be under cap and just let the damn team gel.

You wanna talk about maybe the most overrated thing in hockey .... it's this.... the difference in LW and RW is so minimal outside of where they line up on the faceoff it's STUPID... between cycling and crossing, and pp movement... not to mention he plays the point there anyway... it's a NON-ISSUE, and who would you WANT to go to RW... the team's all time leading scorer?? or the "face of the franchise" (Parise) ???

And yeah... let's pretend it's NHL '11 and teams are willing with open arms to take our crap with Arms Wide Open.... sure!!!

You wanna talk about maybe the most overrated thing in hockey .... it's this.... the difference in LW and RW is so minimal outside of where they line up on the faceoff it's STUPID... between cycling and crossing, and pp movement... not to mention he plays the point there anyway... it's a NON-ISSUE, and who would you WANT to go to RW... the team's all time leading scorer?? or the "face of the franchise" (Parise) ???

And yeah... let's pretend it's NHL '11 and teams are willing with open arms to take our crap with Arms Wide Open.... sure!!!

Well I will respectfully disagree. I will agree on the part of crossing over, but he is a right handed shot coming down the off wing with the whole net to shoot at. He has been playing that position all his career and I dont think he ans parise should be on the same line. Have elias play the RW. While this is not NHL 11 it doesnt change the fact that poor decisions were made on complying with the cap. If anything put him there 1 game lets see what happens.