GDT: NJ Devils @ VAN Canucks- 10:00

MartysGlove

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to ruin your parade of whining, but we outplayed the Canucks, we had better chances, and overall I felt we played pretty well until the team understandably went flat. Once again, like 80% of the games this season, we had NO luck but BAD luck. I swear, someone put a voodoo curse on this team.

This team sucks, just accept it. Who gives a sh!t how much bad luck they have. I mean I guess the games are competitive to a certain degree but at the same time they're really not. One goal against and this team is sunk. It's pathetic. The defense is absolutely terrible. Yay, the Devils out shot another team! Well find me three chances that were as good as the chances the Canucks "converted" (yeah, there is that word again) on?

This game more then any really pissed me off because it was all about pouring salt on the wounds. A legit goal was taken away and Sedin is still diving on that "trip" by Colin White.

This team is buried. Who knows where the next goal will come from let alone the next win.

Edited by Sickman

Kovalchuk is actually showing frustration, he hustled all night long, he shows he cares not like other players, once again trashing kovy is just stupid

Oh please...I don't want to hear about effort with Kovy. Not anymore, when we spent a whole summer on him, gave him $100 million and gave up multiple picks and players to get him for him to average under .5 PPG and have ZERO impact on or off-ice.

Besides, there's a difference between physical effort and mental effort. Kovy definitely gives physical effort but mentally he's elsewhere way too much (not to mention he was elsewhere missing team meetings).

ITS SOMETHING if we cant move players fire the coach, heads need to roll this isnt a last place team, imagine we scored goals on the powerplay it would change the gm but we cant cause the setup sucks which means the coaches are responsible, SOMEONE HAS TO GO

And what happens when the next coach can't turn it around? Keep firing them indefinitely? We already have the least stable job in pro sports, let's add to it by firing another coach after 13 games.

SS-SS,

I really enjoyed your humor and had my own spin on it...

"Driiing Driiing Driiing"

Kovalchuk- "Kovalchuk. I is team."

Langenbrunner- "Hey big money guy can you make a pass on the tape of my stick. You keep hitting my skates."

Kovalchuk- "I is superstar. My pass good."

Zajac- "Hey Kovy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you hit my skates or missed me on a number of passes."

Kovalchuk- "How be Zajac and Langs on phone?"

Pelley- "You guys have party line back in Russia right?"

Kovalchuk- "Who are you?"

Pelley- "It's Rod, you know I play hard, break my nose come back in a meaningless game, check, and do whatever I can for the TEAM because I have HEART. You know the guy on third or fourth line who will never in my playing career come close to what you make in one year."

Kovalchuk- "Roddy Piper?"

Pelley- "PELLEY!!! Spelled P-E-Double F'ing-L-E-Y."

Kovalchuk- "Oh, Rod Stewart!!! Why you no say so. My mother enjoy his music much. I is money and team! Now get puck to me!"

YUP WE SUCK BECAUSE OF KOVALCHUK OH YEAH FVCK KOVY PUT CLARKSON ON THE FIRST LINE HES PLAYING GREAT LETS LET ARNOTT ELIAS PLAY MORE MAYBE SKATING SLOW WILL DECIEVE THE OTHER TEAM HELL WHY NOT BENCH KOVY AGAIN AND LET PELLEY BE OUR OFFENSIVE STAR

People who say the reason for this team doing this bad is all on kovy are insane, watch the highlights today all our best efforts were created by kovalchuk. The stupidity on this board sometimes is insane. I created a thread about how bad clarkson was during the preseason and i got trashed from everyone. WHO WAS RIGHT clarkson cant freaking skate all he can do is keep the puck on the boards and not create anything. All the excuses were he gets better and better he will get over 40 points. Then when i talk about zubrus being put on the top two lines he will produce, once again the intelligence of this board comes out and everyone denies it.

Kovy is probably frustrated because he thought he was going to a good team, theres no team around kovy nobody could pass to him or anyone, kovy created all the chances today by himself. He deked by two canucks and shot though a screen, he made a great play to tao and he hit the post, kovy handled a poor pass through the legs and had a close shot on luongo which was blocked, only one player made a good play to kovy and it was langs, zajac looked asleep out there. The players who i blame for the offense being this bad is Arnott: he looks like he is 50years old out there, and he cant play defense whatsoever. Zajac: seems like everytime he has the puck he makes a bad pass or a weak shot, Elias: seems like he can skate fast when he wants to but he is slow most of the gm and he cant pass whatsoever, Clarkson: do i need to explain, and Maclean: he has to keep zubrus on the top two lines hes just wasting zub on the 3rd line, pelley has to be on the third line or lower, and his constant line juggling throughout the gm is a joke, and the powerplay is a complete joke, which also translates to the offensive game plan, if the powerplay sucks the offensive scheme probably sucks too. There has to be a coaching change IMO to turn this team around.

PLUS we are playing with 6 to 8 different rookies throughout the year, any team will struggle when a third of your team is injured. People who are blaming kovalchuk are out of their minds, and if thats the case then have a nice 15years.

Edited by Zubie#8

Firing MacLean will solve nothing. I haven't agreed with some of his decisions but it really comes down to these players executing. They have shown for whatever reason that they can't do it. How that will change with a different coach is beyond me? We have 6 rookies in the lineup for crying out loud. I think the effort has been there for the most part but this team is just not good enough. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Sickman

at least he used Your correctly. tongue.gif Oh wait...

I think that is probably WHY Darth put him on ignore. All those grammatical errors messing him up in class, eh?

*misused.

See. :evil:

Wait, I though you ignored him? tease.

I'm surprised we only lost by 3. I mean we trotted out half of last year's Lowell team tonight for God's sake. Btw, I love how Clarkson keeps saying whenever he gets interviewed "we have to get back to playing our game". Yeah, what the fvck is that exactly Clarktard? This team doesn't have a "game".

I'm surprised we only lost by 3. I mean we trotted out half of last year's Lowell team tonight for God's sake. Btw, I love how Clarkson keeps saying whenever he gets interviewed "we have to get back to playing our game". Yeah, what the fvck is that exactly Clarktard? This team doesn't have a "game".

Lmao. You took the words right out of my mouth. That was my exact response to the TV when I heard that sh!t he was spewing.

Ah, you like to see the response first. Understandable.

Lmao. You took the words right out of my mouth. That was my exact response to the TV when I heard that sh!t he was spewing.

Really!!????? You called him Clarktard too? I thought that was an original nickname there from MD2020. how bout that.

It's as if Clarkson believes this team has some sort of percieved identity of being something other than a disorganized cluster-fvck of over-paid, under-achieving, injury-prone, lazy-ass fvckbags. And those who don't fall into that category don't even belong in the NHL to begin with. So David I ask you- what's our "game" again?

I think that is probably WHY Darth put him on ignore. All those grammatical errors messing him up in class, eh?

See. :evil:

Wait, I though you ignored him? tease.

I have a 3.2 or so... luckily all my professors are around my age and female so as long as I don't let them know I'm a Devils fan they provide me with high grades.

YUP WE SUCK BECAUSE OF KOVALCHUK OH YEAH FVCK KOVY PUT CLARKSON ON THE FIRST LINE HES PLAYING GREAT LETS LET ARNOTT ELIAS PLAY MORE MAYBE SKATING SLOW WILL DECIEVE THE OTHER TEAM HELL WHY NOT BENCH KOVY AGAIN AND LET PELLEY BE OUR OFFENSIVE STAR

People who say the reason for this team doing this bad is all on kovy are insane, watch the highlights today all our best efforts were created by kovalchuk. The stupidity on this board sometimes is insane. I created a thread about how bad clarkson was during the preseason and i got trashed from everyone. WHO WAS RIGHT clarkson cant freaking skate all he can do is keep the puck on the boards and not create anything. All the excuses were he gets better and better he will get over 40 points. Then when i talk about zubrus being put on the top two lines he will produce, once again the intelligence of this board comes out and everyone denies it.

Kovy is probably frustrated because he thought he was going to a good team, theres no team around kovy nobody could pass to him or anyone, kovy created all the chances today by himself. He deked by two canucks and shot though a screen, he made a great play to tao and he hit the post, kovy handled a poor pass through the legs and had a close shot on luongo which was blocked, only one player made a good play to kovy and it was langs, zajac looked asleep out there. The players who i blame for the offense being this bad is Arnott: he looks like he is 50years old out there, and he cant play defense whatsoever. Zajac: seems like everytime he has the puck he makes a bad pass or a weak shot, Elias: seems like he can skate fast when he wants to but he is slow most of the gm and he cant pass whatsoever, Clarkson: do i need to explain, and Maclean: he has to keep zubrus on the top two lines hes just wasting zub on the 3rd line, pelley has to be on the third line or lower, and his constant line juggling throughout the gm is a joke, and the powerplay is a complete joke, which also translates to the offensive game plan, if the powerplay sucks the offensive scheme probably sucks too. There has to be a coaching change IMO to turn this team around.

PLUS we are playing with 6 to 8 different rookies throughout the year, any team will struggle when a third of your team is injured. People who are blaming kovalchuk are out of their minds, and if thats a case then have a nice 15years.

Agreed. Anyone who says Kovy is just cashing in the paycheck and doesn't care is just plain stupid. The guy looked pissed / frustrated tonight. That shot in the third couldn't be any more perfect. Nice screen set up in front of the goalie, fakes the shot causing the two defenders to go down and takes a beautiful shot. It just doesn't get any better than that, and it still didn't work out for him.

If there is anything that has impressed me so far is the connection between Kovy and Taormina. I feel those two are our only hope right now.

If there is anything that has impressed me so far is the connection between Kovy and Taormina. I feel those two are our only hope right now.

"Help us Kovy-Tao, you're our only hope!" ?

hologramh.jpg

I don't blame either Taormina or Marty for the 1st goal. You can loose your balance while skating, it happens. And Marty gets his stick knocked out of his hand. Sedin's only question then is "where, marty?"...

For the rest: It's just gettin' worse. Outshooting evryone, blah blah blah...won't help us if we don't start converting to goals. How long does this continue? No emotions = no trying-hard for a win. That's it.

If we don't start acting as a team, the season's gonna be over very fast.

One thing more i'm worried about: Getting beaten "every night" can make you (sorry, word-finding problem, i'm german ;) ) feel like "you don't care" about it anymore and then start to get careless. Hope evrybody was able to understand what i mean.

Sorry to ruin your parade of whining, but we outplayed the Canucks, we had better chances, and overall I felt we played pretty well until the team understandably went flat. Once again, like 80% of the games this season, we had NO luck but BAD luck. I swear, someone put a voodoo curse on this team.

If the team needs luck to score a goal, they're not a very good team.

Kovalchuk is actually showing frustration, he hustled all night long, he shows he cares not like other players, once again trashing kovy is just stupid

Why cant we trash Kovy? Because he hustled? That didnt get us goals or wins. you lose as a TEAM and win as a TEAM.

Kovy hasnt done sh!t since he's been here. no one has this season.

fvck kovalchuk.

Devils will be fine.

In 3 months when were winning games and fighting for first, all these "fans" will be all rah rah :yay: again. but right now, its all WAAHH WAHHH :evilcry:

Edited by overtime98