Hedberg in Goal Tonight

BlizzardCyclone

Im glad he will be in tonight. I think it will further his confidence, as well as the teams and think this is what the team needs right now as far as a shake up and change of scenary.

"For me every game is big," Hedberg said. "If I'm not on top of my game it's very easy to get embarrassed out there. I don't like to get embarrassed."

Per NJ.com Rich Chere

9023176-large.jpg

05devils-450.jpg

"White is out with the flu and Alex Urbom has been recalled from Albany.

"It's out of our control," MacLean said of White. "It's another opportunity for somebody to play. (Urbom) has been up here before. He kind of knows what to expect."

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

That's just great. A total sieve in net and a defenseman who was completely ghost this season. Add that to the fact that Hedberg and Urbom don't have anywhere near the chemistry of White and Brodeur.

What is it I'm trying to say? Help me out guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHHQRodF88

Anyone else worried about Marty's injury?

I mean.. its Marty... Guy is usually able to play through pain and if thats all he's saying it is, maybe there's something they aren't letting on?

With the Devils and Marty...you have to be worried a bit. What was all the bull they fed the media before Marty had surgery last time. Just have to hope what Marty is saying is the truth.

At least we're playing at Prudential so we don't have to hear that stupid Rangers goal song. As a matter of fact we should get rid of our goal song. Rock and Roll part 2?!?! What is this 1991?

Yes. Just be glad we dont play Song 2 by Blur or Zombie Nation by Kenkraft 3000. Also I remember a point in the middle of the 90's (I want to say somewhere between 95 and 97 where we played Whoomp There It Is after a goal. Terrible.

It's ironic about Song 2 since the song is meant to be ironic:

"The song was meant to be a parody of American grunge music.[3] Ironically, it was embraced by the same radio stations whose airplay choices the song was parodying in the first place."

It's unfortunate that Blur is most known in the US for this song.

I think we should embrace the Devils monaker and have all Slayer songs for everything at the rock. Raining Blood as the entrance theme music. Frickin' Sweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBIkEeogq4

We could probably sign Jere Lehtinen cheaply too as he's a big Slayer fan

Hedberg is 11-4-2 vs the NYR in his career with a 2.12 GAA and one shutout. I like Hedberg's chances of winning this game all the more now. Maybe Brodeur needs a break from the NYR and this rivalry for now. Devils won every game with Clemmensen in goal when Brodeur was injured 2 years ago against the NYR. hedberg needs to play good tonight and get the win if he wants to play a lot more games for the Devils and have the confidence from the coaches.

Thing to remember about Hedberg: He won the game Wednesday, but the overall scoring in the time he was in net was 3-3, with the Devils scoring two of those into an empty net.

Don't get me wrong, I think Moose is a great backup and will do fine, but the results were a little skewed Wednesday, coming into the game with a two-goal lead.