Hopefully We'll Only Be The Canes/Buffalo

Daniel

I still don't know how anyone can think there is any hope for this season. If the team could score some goals or otherwise be competitive than maybe I'd hold out some hope (but that's really beside the point).

Anyway, I'm hoping that the worst we end up being is like the Sabers or the Canes have been since the lock out. Stinking awful for one or two seasons, getting nice draft picks in the process, then all of the sudden unbeatable (at least in the regular season) for the next year or two.

A big test will be what we do with this year's pick, which in all likelihood will be a top five. Let's hope Lou goes for the best player available and not some project who fills a need (like the guy the Rangers took over Cam Fowler).

In the meantime, do all you can to dump players that won't be around next season anyway in exchange for as many draft picks as you can get whether second or third rounders, getting as many darts as you can to throw at the prospect dart board.

Basically, see this season as an opportunity to get the house in order for the long haul.

(Man, I'm overusing the metaphors).

...Players out last night:

Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Colin White, Brian Rolston, Bryce Salvador, Mark Fraser, Jacob Josefson. Volchenkov on his first game back.

...Rookies in last night:

Gionta, Vasyunov, Taormina, Mills, Magnan, Urbom.

Yeah, no, this team has no hope for the season. Once the New Jersey Devils start playing, there is hope for the season.

I still don't know how anyone can think there is any hope for this season. If the team could score some goals or otherwise be competitive than maybe I'd hold out some hope (but that's really beside the point).

Anyway, I'm hoping that the worst we end up being is like the Sabers or the Canes have been since the lock out. Stinking awful for one or two seasons, getting nice draft picks in the process, then all of the sudden unbeatable (at least in the regular season) for the next year or two.

A big test will be what we do with this year's pick, which in all likelihood will be a top five. Let's hope Lou goes for the best player available and not some project who fills a need (like the guy the Rangers took over Cam Fowler).

In the meantime, do all you can to dump players that won't be around next season anyway in exchange for as many draft picks as you can get whether second or third rounders, getting as many darts as you can to throw at the prospect dart board.

Basically, see this season as an opportunity to get the house in order for the long haul.

(Man, I'm overusing the metaphors).

I'm STILL don't have a PM from you regarding the bet. I'm still willing to bet $40 that the Devils make the playoffs. I think you should put up or shut up. At least stop making new threads with each loss until such time as you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.

I STILL don't know why you need to create a rant thread every 3 days.

As much as I agree this season is going to be markedly different - I think many here are tired of your constant whining.

Did this warrant its own thread? Does it really discuss a potential drafting strategy for next year?

I'm not trying to legislate this board but its getting ridiculous and I'm beginning to think you just like reading your own writing more than anything else.

Can we just combine all of your fairweather, "Secondary team", "sky is falling", "where can I go to follow a winner" bs into one long Daniel Thread.

How about calling the the "Temper Tantrum" Thread?

Not for nothing, but who cares if he starts a thread every 3 days? Does it cost anyone anything? No. And for as bad as their record an even worse with their play, I'm amazed there aren't so many more of these from others.

If you're here, you care. If you post, you really care. And if you start threads, then you're looking for people to either agree or disagree, but at least share in your thoughts.

Complaining and criticizing doesn't make anyone a bad fan.

Regardless of our end result, I feel that this has become the best way to win in the NHL.. Pittsburgh were nothing until they got a bunch of top draft picks, Chicago gets Kane and Toews and they took off, the Flyers are now doing great in part because of Giroux, Carter and Van Riemsdyk

The way the NHL runs now, this might be the best way to win.. Maybe these teams suck for a few years, but then winning the Cup every so often is better than winning your division every year and sucking in the playoffs

Well, a couple years ago Trenton had about the worst record in the ECHL through mid December, and had the best record in the league for the second half and made the playoffs. They then ran out of players due to injury and the remaining guys out of gas but....it can happen.

"It" being something other than what we've seen so far. They're digging themselves a hole no doubt but it's not insurmountable. Mac has to keep their heads on straight and keep them on message - because if not this WILL tailspin into utter disaster.

But it doesn't have to.

Not for nothing, but who cares if he starts a thread every 3 days? Does it cost anyone anything? No. And for as bad as their record an even worse with their play, I'm amazed there aren't so many more of these from others.

If you're here, you care. If you post, you really care. And if you start threads, then you're looking for people to either agree or disagree, but at least share in your thoughts.

Complaining and criticizing doesn't make anyone a bad fan.

With all respect, the same thread topic, the same person, every three days....

The criticism is valid.

I'm not opposed to people voicing their displeasure with this team - but the same dude is making this place his personal pissing ground - is what is annoying as of late.

It clutters the board and offers little to nothing. He can post his daily flavor of bitching in any given thread already in existence.

From the voices also in agreement here I would guess I'm not alone in my current lack of patience.

It looks bad right now for the Devils, BUT for anyone to say its OVER 15-GAMES INTO THE SEASON needs their heads examined! It is far from over and this team has what it takes to get out of this bad start. All this Devils team needs is a good 6-8-game winning streak and they are right back into the division and EC races. Keep your heads up Devils fans and keep the faith! This season is not over at all.

I agree that if you're so damn sure this team is hopeless, you should put up or shut up. You're a whiny little bitch and a fair weather fan if there ever was one. No one here wants to hear you cry anymore. Go cry to your mommy, maybe she'll actually care....or maybe she doesn't and that's why you whine on here so damn much.