Would you be interested in a Devils Supporters Section *UPDATE*

Satans Hockey

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a Devils supporters section to stand/chant/sing for the full 60 mins?

• Yes
    • No

I'd like to take a moment to pat myself on the back for starting the thread about standing for the PP in OT the other night vs. the Oilers because it looks to have inspired some! :giggle:

Hehe, just kidding really, Satans Hockey, you're doing a great job spear-heading this idea so far and thank you so much for doing that.

My general observation at Devils homes games my entire life has been that it's entirely too quiet in there. I think I originally fell in love with Hockey when I was 7 because of the loudness and excitement that happened when a goal was scored. The players have always acknowledged good (synonymously with loud btw) fans but no one has ever said anything like that about Devils fans. This year, with this concept, we have the perfect opportunity to change this.

I think it's even more influential this year since it's the worst the Devils have done in decades. By getting a group together to bring much needed energy during losing times will really go along way in showing the players and the management that we still have hope and we'll still be there for the long run, even after our favorite players are not. Our efforts have a very legitimate shot of actually being noticed and making a difference to this organization. You could even argue that we're trying harder than some players to change things :doh1:

This will catch on. I know if I was sitting downstairs and I saw a group of people going wild for 60 minutes in an upper section, I'd abandon my seats right away and head up there and stand with them in an aisle or something, but that's just me. Anyway, nice job so far and let's get some fire going in there.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ 1

209 and 232 have plenty of loud people. I'd rather get the noise going in one of the quieter corners. If we can get 226 or 215 loud, that puts leaders in 3 of 4 corners, which will hopefully get the middle going. The regulars in 208-209 do a great job without help.

This.

Thats why ive been suggesting upper deck behind the goals. 209 most always (esp. on a Friday) has a good attendance. A supporters section should take up seats that wont normally be sold.

Edited by devlman

Could be awesome to have a group 20/30 person that would be there at most of the games and these same fans would invade MSG/Wachovia/Nassau/Consol to cheer intensively for the whole 60 minutes.

It would be something if the group did some away games too.

Also find it interesting how this supporters section idea is moving along when the Devs are having their worst season in years.

True as well, the thing is, it really depends on how many people buy tickets for the game in the section. If we get 60+ people from the various forums/facebook to call up and purchase tickets and they want to be a part of this then we might have the majority of the section standing anyway. I also think it will be fairly easy to convince the people in 208 to do the same.

The Devils can't have standing room tickets because it's illegal in the state. That's why they have those "table top" seats on the end they defend twice.

Thundersticks= fail.

I like your efforts, but good god, no thundersticks.

What is really needed is if every hard core fan gets 1 new fan a season to go to games. That will have a much greater effect on the team in the long run.

Don't take it the wrong way, just my take. I don't know if people realize the gravity of how poor this team is drawing.

The Devils can't have standing room tickets because it's illegal in the state. That's why they have those "table top" seats on the end they defend twice.

yeah, i wasn't suggesting the devils have standing room tickets -- just saying the hawks do it and it's pretty neat. it would never work at the rock anyway, like i said, you need a team to be able to draw in the first place in order for people to want to pay tickets to stand at the top of the arena. plus, like you said -- it's not even an option in the first place...so, yeah.

yeah, i wasn't suggesting the devils have standing room tickets -- just saying the hawks do it and it's pretty neat. it would never work at the rock anyway, like i said, you need a team to be able to draw in the first place in order for people to want to pay tickets to stand at the top of the arena. plus, like you said -- it's not even an option in the first place...so, yeah.

I had standing room only tickets to a Hawks game two years ago and hated it. The floor is lower than the ground that the last row of seats are on, so unless you are at least 6'5" or find an empty seat to stand behind, you're not going to see much at all. I'm six feet tall and still had a hard time seeing the ice.

i think it depends on where you stand in the arena. i've definitely encountered that but i noticed if you go behind the nets, it's a bit higher and there are even some risers you can stand on. the ushers don't seem to care at all either.

Ah I guess we just didn't get there early enough to grab a spot there.

I've know people to get replies when they send an email to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com, but it's important to put Mr. Vanderbeek in the subject line, as he'll care the most and be able to get things done.

We can wait and see, but I think we should just start emailing...an overwhelming amount of emails would get their attention. If we use a form letter, we need to include a personal touch as we don't want it to come off as some spammy attack.

I'm a little late to the discussion here, but I just wanted to chime in that I support this 10000000%. I love going U.S. soccer and Red Bulls games and cheering the team on in the supporters sections. The only thing I would love more than to be a part of something similar for the Devils would be a fourth Stanley Cup. ;) I go to about 10 regular season games a season. If I know well in advance which games we're going to try to get this going, I'm in. I should be there on the 17th vs. Nashville unless my boss denies my request to have that night off. I'll bring a couple of people who are into the supporters thing, too.

As DiG said, it can't hurt to try. :) The worst-case scenario is that we may not be able to get something consistent every game, but when we DO get together, we can at least enjoy the game together and pour our hearts out for this team without having the person right next to us give us a dirty look for chanting for the team (OK, so they'll be further away... oh well). I think we're on the right track with experimenting with this in the back of an upper corner section and expecting to start small.