Devils looking for Generals

imissricher

I'm sure some of you saw this, but this was posted on their Facebook page today. Aside from the massive amount of negativity, there are always a lot of good ideas on this forum. I think we should have at least one "General" representing NJDevs.com.

We are looking for Generals to lead the Devils Army. The General position is the highest ranking officer in the Devils Army. As a General you will have the opportunity to improve fan involvement and relations. This is not a role for just any fan; this is the supreme position for the ultimate fan.

Ten Generals will be chosen to volunteer in this initiative. The selected Generals will spend time with the Marketing Department on the Devils social media platforms as well as interact with fans during games at the Interactive Fan Zone.

Your role as a General will require the following qualifications:

• Must be an enthusiastic and outgoing Devils fan

• Should possess a great knowledge of blogs, Facebook and Twitter

• Must be active on social media platforms

• Have a love of marketing and promotions

• Bring new and unique point of view to the team

• Interact with other fans at events and games

• Promote the team by sharing your love for the Devils

Think you’re fan enough?

Enlist today!

Please write a 500 word or less statement on why you feel you have what it takes to be a Devils Army General.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66620

Edited by imissricher

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some of you saw this, but this was posted on their Facebook page today. Aside from the massive amount of negativity, there are always a lot of good ideas on this forum. I think we should have at least one "General" representing NJDevs.com.

We are looking for Generals to lead the Devils Army. The General position is the highest ranking officer in the Devils Army. As a General you will have the opportunity to improve fan involvement and relations. This is not a role for just any fan; this is the supreme position for the ultimate fan.

Ten Generals will be chosen to volunteer in this initiative. The selected Generals will spend time with the Marketing Department on the Devils social media platforms as well as interact with fans during games at the Interactive Fan Zone.

Your role as a General will require the following qualifications:

• Must be an enthusiastic and outgoing Devils fan

• Should possess a great knowledge of blogs, Facebook and Twitter

• Must be active on social media platforms

• Have a love of marketing and promotions

• Bring new and unique point of view to the team

• Interact with other fans at events and games

• Promote the team by sharing your love for the Devils

Think you’re fan enough?

Enlist today!

Please write a 500 word or less statement on why you feel you have what it takes to be a Devils Army General.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66620

I could market all I want, but if the team blows atrociously for the forseeable future, not even Disney's marketing team could save this group of pathetic has-beens.

i do find it amusing that one of the marketing ideas the Devils marketing department came up with was the creation of a lower level (free) marketing department.

Maybe I'm crazy, but at 9-22, I would hope the team would be focused on things more important than this stupid marketing gimmick.

Maybe I'm crazy, but at 9-22, I would hope the team would be focused on things more important than this stupid marketing gimmick.

The marketing team =/= Lou, JMac, coaches, etc.

They have nothing to do with the fact that the team sucks. In fact, because the team sucks, they probably have to work even harder to get some butts in the seats at the Rock. That means more "stupid marketing gimmicks", giveaways, and whatever else they can come up with.

The marketing team =/= Lou, JMac, coaches, etc.

They have nothing to do with the fact that the team sucks. In fact, because the team sucks, they probably have to work even harder to get some butts in the seats at the Rock. That means more "stupid marketing gimmicks", giveaways, and whatever else they can come up with.

i agree - the season ticket sales people have it even worse. how can they possibly sell anything when almost every game is a promotion that's cheaper than the STH price. there is no incentives to commit to a whole season.

i do find it amusing that one of the marketing ideas the Devils marketing department came up with was the creation of a lower level (free) marketing department.

Perhaps they finally realized that most of us have more of a clue than they do? :unsure:

You spelled "Scooby" wrong. :blahblah:

What, the come clean, I mean detail, the Devils Army Rig wasn't good enough for you? I still laugh everytime I think about that one.

I can't believe some of us are bitching that they are finally reaching out to the fanbase and acknowledging that they need help in marketing?

Ahh... who am I kidding some folks will bitch if they hire a brand new high-priced marketing team, some will bitch if they ask the fans to be involved, some will bitch the teams sucks so fvck the whole thing. Its easy to market a winning team - in fact - they never really had to because they were always winning.

They need our help now more than ever.

I can't believe some of us are bitching that they are finally reaching out to the fanbase and acknowledging that they need help in marketing?

Ahh... who am I kidding some folks will bitch if they hire a brand new high-priced marketing team, some will bitch if they ask the fans to be involved, some will bitch the teams sucks so fvck the whole thing. Its easy to market a winning team - in fact - they never really had to because they were always winning.

They need our help now more than ever.

I applied, so let's hope I get it.. Wrote the best 498 word essay of my life too :evil:

SatansHockey outta be too organizing the whole fan section -- of course!

I think he said he wants the team to take over organizing the fan section, so maybe this would be part of the job.. I'd be more than happy to do it

Colin226 '11.. Start the campaign

Edited by Colin226