DEVILS vs. OILERS 1/5

poohbear

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess the worrying can cease for now, at least for the next two nights ;) Big, big win. Just the kind they needed.

The Devs looked like they were on a powerplay on the 2nd goal; I could have sworn the Oilers were on the kill with the way they were scrambling....

How many game winners is that for Elias now?

3rd gw goal for elias.

just got back from the game.

who switched neidermayer for zyuzin when i wasn't looking. he looked like a newborn dear for most of the game. i was sorely disappointed.

white also had a terrible game. rafalski was simply absent for most of the game.

whoever said trade gomez earlier should be careful. he had the most jump (besides elias) for the majority of the game. his effort has been high all season.

the devils were lucky to get a tie, let alone a win. they were outplayed for the majority of the game.

i still think a move is needed. and if it's gonna be a big move, i would move rafalski so long as we get a competent defenseman back along with whatever forward would come as well.

how about rafalski, ahonen, berglund, and a pick for eric brewer and ryan smyth?

I'm not overly happy about the game, but I am happy about the win. We totally got outplayed tonight, the second period was just awful. Glad to see that Gomez and Elias could carry us and bring us to the win. Also was nice to see Stevenson inject some life, but it wasn't enough IMO. It also wasn't too promising to hear that instead of of January, Langenbrunner might not be back be early February. Ergh.

Suglobov also looked good, much better than Pihlman did IMO. Would have been sweet if he had gotten that goal (or at least an assist) until Ulanov came in and saved the day for Salo. Too bad. I'd like to see him stick around for a while though and see what he can do.

Burns was on the pregame and said he can't wait for these guys to find their consistency. If they don't do it they won't play. He singled out Rupp, Berglund and said he expects his skilled players to work hard ie Elias,Gomez to get some scoring.

He also said the rest of the team has to have the work ethic of Brylin and the Madden line.

Suglobov played okay, had a good backcheck and a good shot. He also had a terrible giveaway in his own zone and seemed overwhelmed at times.

Niedermayer played terrible. Nights like this are why he won't be captain. Still struggles with consistency.

The only reason we won is because the Oilers were playing a back to back set. But hopefully this victory leads to big things. And keep Gomez and Elias together with Stevenson! That line has potential.

suglobov was only noticeable on one occaision, a shot from the slot that didn't go in. he only had 8 minutes of ice time.

hale looked horrible. he got cut down to 10 minutes. niedermayer also looked lazy again, but he'll get his ice time no matter what. you can tell when he'll have this type of game when his "passes" start to look like him just giving the puck to the opposing team.

elias was once again the best forward for the devils.

the lines were suglobov-larionov-brylin, friesen-rupp-marshall, elias-gomez-stevenson, and pandolfo-madden-gionta. there was too much penalty killing for the suglobov and rupp line to get any consistent play going.

White and Rafalski were both being lazy tonight, White actually made a stick to stick pass to a rushing Oiler. He is very lucky Brodeur was paying attention!

And what worth is Larionov! All he does is pass even if he had a wide open net he looked to pass it off. Someone should remind him this is hockey and not hot potato!