Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

Let's go ISLANDERS! God I feel so dirty rooting for some of these teams. Rooting for the Flyers and Rangers... I need to take a shower I feel so dirty. At least the Islanders haven't been a factor for years and I don't feel too too awful rooting for them.

It's funny because if the Isles win tomorrow, the Devils fall back to the 14th. I know they have played a few more games, but I wonder if the Isles players or fans are thinking playoffs. Crazy to think the Devils have gone 15-1-2 and are only a point better than the Islanders.

Yeah they were mentioning it on HNL...they're making their own last-ditch run I guess. At least the Isles already sold Wisniewski and Roloson earlier in the season, and eventually you have to figure they'll taper off :lol:

florida is definitely going to start selling soon.

Do they even have anything to sell other than Vokoun, if there's a market for him?

It's funny because if the Isles win tomorrow, the Devils fall back to the 14th. I know they have played a few more games, but I wonder if the Isles players or fans are thinking playoffs. Crazy to think the Devils have gone 15-1-2 and are only a point better than the Islanders.

Not if we win too.

For Tuesday:

Points out of 8th entering the night: 10 with 1 game in hand

Conference place (points out of next higher place): 13th place (3 points)

Tonight's games of interest:

Islanders @ Toronto

Rangers @ Carolina

Devils @ Dallas

Montreal @ Vancouver

Best possible outcome:

Islanders W

Rangers W

Devils W

Vancouver W

Points out of 8th: 8 with 1 game in hand

Conference place: 13th (1 point)

Worst possible outcome:

Toronto W

Carolina W in OT

Dallas W

Montreal W

Points out of 8th: 12 with 1 game in hand

Conference place: 13th (3 points)

Big day! Can come right up to the Leaf's and Panther's asses!

Tomorrow just helps to the clumping, not really able to gain any points

Ughhh...actually have to hope for a Rangers win...you're killing me smalls!

You know I said earlier I would be rooting for the Rangers but it really doesn't matter all that much now that I look into it. I think its safe to root for Carolina in this one.

I'm just going to stick to things by looking at 'on-pace' numbers and right now, Carolina is on pace for 87.47 (so 87-88). The Rangers are currently on pace for 89 points. They would just switch places if Carolina wins, Carolina would be on pace for 89 and the Rangers on pace for 87. We'll still be 10 points back (assuming the Devils win) but we'll have 2 games in hand now instead of one.

If the Rangers win then we could be 8 points back with 1 game in hand. It's really all very similar regardless of the outcome. Just please no OT.

Of course we need to win...

Go ISles, and GO Rags...

would love to see us 8 back with a game in hand tomorrow morning...

Keep the Faith as the team has done. This thread in my humble opinion has pleased the "hockey gods" and helped the good karma surrounding the team!! LEts keep rooting for the teams we need to win guys!!!

One game at a time! Keep it Rolling Devils!

:gd::gd::gd::gd::gd:

Edited by PaDevsFan

You know I said earlier I would be rooting for the Rangers but it really doesn't matter all that much now that I look into it. I think its safe to root for Carolina in this one.

I'm just going to stick to things by looking at 'on-pace' numbers and right now, Carolina is on pace for 87.47 (so 87-88). The Rangers are currently on pace for 89 points. They would just switch places if Carolina wins, Carolina would be on pace for 89 and the Rangers on pace for 87. We'll still be 10 points back (assuming the Devils win) but we'll have 2 games in hand now instead of one.

If the Rangers win then we could be 8 points back with 1 game in hand. It's really all very similar regardless of the outcome. Just please no OT.

agree with this, but i think the rangers are definitely buyers at the deadline and that carolina might be selling joni pitkanen. joni is prob worth 2 points at least over the rest of the season.