Islanders vs. Penguins

Devilsfan118

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of Goddard (automatic 10 games) and Bylsma (automatic 5 games for Goddard) and perhaps a large fine to the organization I don't see the Penguins deserving suspensions from this specific game.

The Isles on the other hand Gilles deserves at least 8-10 for the Tangratti hit-attack-taunting, Haley at least 4 for being a meathead going after Johnson, and Martin at least 4 for attacking Talbot. I wouldn't be suprised to see Capuano get a couple of games for not telling his guys to cool-it in the 3rd in a blow-out game and the Isles get a large fine.

Staggy and Errey are jackasses and I don't know even a single Penguins fan that likes them. It was comical when they defended the Cooke hit earlier this week.

Edited by mdsieve

He slept just fine, knowing that he will be able to ensure that some isles are suspended for "hurting" his beloved pengs. If NO pengs are suspended then the NHL is a total joke at discipline and the GM's should cause the "management" to be gutted and retooled.

I'm referring to the big picture. His baby boy Crosby out indefinitely, Malkin out, they're gonna have to suspend some more guys, they got pummelled, probably some more injuries and concussions, and on a very small scale, the Isles were his favorite team growing up so he's gotta have conflicted feelings. Add to that we're the hottest team in the league, the Rangers are tanking, and Kovy's lighting it up. I'm sure he'll screw us again somehow just to get some frustrations out.

That's not 'old time' hockey.

I guess it all depends how old you are, LOL. ... As someone said, there seemed to be a lot more of these types of incidences back in the mid- to late 70s and early 80s. Bench-clearing brawls and whatnot. :fight::yay::boogie:

Of course, not everyone was a fan of that type of stuff ... but it happened, eh? :noclue:

I always love it when this happens, it's great for the game and gary bettman dies a little inside. you can't take the passion out of hockey! BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY, we need more of this.

Beautiful? Sucker punches, jumping guys who aren't prepared? If you wanna talk about The Code (when it comes to fighting), there were plenty of guys who created bad reps for themselves in that game. I don't mind fights that come out organically (ie non-staged) and where guys square off honestly but last nights game was a bunch of minor leaguers jumping guys and trying to dish out retribution in unsportsmanlike ways.

Those highlights were....entertaining. The worst part was having to listen to the Pens feed. I'm probably wrong here, but I liked seeing the Isles go over the top like that considering how their season has gone....particularly their last game against the Pens. Haley is one scary mo-fo, though.

Beautiful? Sucker punches, jumping guys who aren't prepared? If you wanna talk about The Code (when it comes to fighting), there were plenty of guys who created bad reps for themselves in that game. I don't mind fights that come out organically (ie non-staged) and where guys square off honestly but last nights game was a bunch of minor leaguers jumping guys and trying to dish out retribution in unsportsmanlike ways.

oh c'mon it was great! it was just like 1986 out there!

NHL is going to come down hard here, especially since they missed the boat on that boston-montreal game. this sort of stuff is entertaining but i'd hate to have it happen more than a few times a season.

BuzzKillington.jpg

That original jump on Talbot by Martin is suspension worthy. Hit on Tangradi then a jump on him immediately. Also not expectable. Gillies then mocking him......

The refs lost complete control of this game early into the 1st period. Im all for feisty hockey, and a fight advocate, but both teams should be ashamed of themselves. That was not what this sport is about.

With the suspension to A-train for 3 games, I expect to have a list from this game by tomorrow. :rolleyes:

"Eric Tangradi sustained a concussion in Friday night's 9-3 loss to the Islanders.

He left the game in the third period after being checked by the Isles' Trevor Gillies. Consider Tangradi day-to-day for the time being."

-Pittsburgh-Post Gazette

"Eric Godard will likely be suspended for 10 games for leaving the bench to engage in a fight Friday night against the Islanders.

He jumped on the ice to intervene in a fight between Micheal Haley and goalie Brent Johnson. The NHL rules clearly state a 10-game suspension must be levied against a player who leaves the bench with the intention of starting an altercation. Stay tuned for updates."

-Pittsburgh-Post Gazette

True the NHL will come down hard on this...only because the league doesn't know what's good for itself and they're in denial as to what fans want. You have two fired up fanbases in the Isles and Pens, a potential rivalry is brewing, and the idiots in the league office want to extinguish this before it even gets started.

Ok so hand out your fines and suspensions, but the league shouldn't go crazy so that this stuff actually gets discouraged. Don't go out and encourage it...but make sure you nurture a rivalry like this. Don't be so strict with your punishment so that players are mortified to engage in another brawl. Things like this are great for the NHL, it puts asses in seats, it gets people talking about it in the media and on the message boards, and it shows the awesome primal passion of the sport.

The league needs at least 1-2 of these type of games a month.

it most certainly does not, and this isn't a legitimate rivalry at all. how are sabres-senators games these days? teams in the same conference will sometimes have these flare-ups. everyone on the islanders who is getting suspended is basically garbage, most of whom shouldn't be seeing NHL ice, so if the islanders ever get good they'll all be gone.

Edited by Triumph

it most certainly does not, and this isn't a legitimate rivalry at all. how are sabres-senators games these days? teams in the same conference will sometimes have these flare-ups. everyone on the islanders who is getting suspended is basically garbage, most of whom shouldn't be seeing NHL ice, so if the islanders ever get good they'll all be gone.

the avs-wings rivalry started with one hit...nobody can predict what's going to happen in the long term, but the Isles and Pens are going to certainly have a short term rivalry.

And the next time the Pens come to Long Island, there will be more than the usual 6500 in attendance to watch. And that's very good for the NHL

I kept getting the old WWF Demolition Theme in my head when I saw the goalie and that other double teaming the guy and beating him down to the ice :lol:

The NHL can take their fruit cake suspensions and shove em... REAL HOCKEY IS MAKING A COMEBACK!!! Long live passion and line brawls!!!!

I kept getting the old WWF Demolition Theme in my head when I saw the goalie and that other double teaming the guy and beating him down to the ice :lol:

The NHL can take their fruit cake suspensions and shove em... REAL HOCKEY IS MAKING A COMEBACK!!! Long live passion and line brawls!!!!

YEAH BABY!!! Right there with ya Crash and '7'.