GDT Devils vs. Isles 3/6/2011

ZeroGravityFat

I thought this was funny too

Reporter - "7 points from the last playoff spot, do you allow your team to look at the standings now?"

JL - "How many?"

Reporter - "7"

JL- "oh well maybe ill look at it tomorrow" with a smirk on his face

Gotta love JL.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

Jacques Lemaire said Brian Rolston was standing on bench, so he picked him for shootout. "He sold himself."

I thought this was funny too

Reporter - "7 points from the last playoff spot, do you allow your team to look at the standings now?"

JL - "How many?"

Reporter - "7"

JL- "oh well maybe ill look at it tomorrow" with a smirk on his face

I love Lemaire quotes!

This. I can only remember the MTL and CAR games (both 4-1) as nights when the team was significantly better, at least on the scoresheet.

Well they had a few easy ones in January when this roll started, destroying Roloson in Tampa, the game against Florida on the afternoon of the AFC Championship, beating up the Isles and their faceless kid goalie...but yeah since February it's been one frigging nail-biter after another. Even the few losses have been close games. They really are the cardiac kids, like Dano said on the postgame :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Did anyone else catch Adam Mair not being able to watch during Brians chance in the shootout?

Did you catch Mair give a little good jestered mock Kovy "kneeling wheelhouse" (or whatever its called) celebration when he was congratulating Rolston?

This team is having fun... and we are now just 1pt behind Atlanta with a game in hand... the team we were originally aiming to pass. It's just a shame that isn't 1 pt behind 8th... yet :D

Edited by aylbert

Its insane to think we have gone 22-2-2 during this stretch.....

I do not know how or why I forget about this all the time but... we have done this without one of THE top forwards in the league being out with his knee injury.

Once ZP is ready to rock , it will be crazy to see how good this team can be. I am still holding out hope for the playoffs this year , but I am really excited knowing how good this team is even without a player of ZP calibre in the lineup.

Its insane to think we have gone 22-2-2 during this stretch.....

I do not know how or why I forget about this all the time but... we have done this without one of THE top forwards in the league being out with his knee injury.

Once ZP is ready to rock , it will be crazy to see how good this team can be. I am still holding out hope for the playoffs this year , but I am really excited knowing how good this team is even without a player of ZP calibre in the lineup.

And without scoring much. 67 goals in 24 games. It doesn't sound too bad, but we had 18 goals in the first four games of that 24-game span. 51 in 20 isn't exactly lighting up. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just amazed.

And without scoring much. 67 goals in 24 games. It doesn't sound too bad, but we had 18 goals in the first four games of that 24-game span. 51 in 20 isn't exactly lighting up. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just amazed.

Vintage Devils hockey. You only need one goal to win a game. There is nothing like winning 1-0 or 2-1.

The media call it boring, I love that style of play because it's as nerve wracking as anything, at any time a messed up play can result in a tied game. I'm on the edge of my seat scared to death the opposition is going to tie the game.

I've never liked high scoring games where the goalies are cannon fodder (that's why 80's hockey sucked, because defense was illegal, pretty much like it is today).

Vintage Devils hockey. You only need one goal to win a game. There is nothing like winning 1-0 or 2-1.

The media call it boring, I love that style of play because it's as nerve wracking as anything, at any time a messed up play can result in a tied game. I'm on the edge of my seat scared to death the opposition is going to tie the game.

I've never liked high scoring games where the goalies are cannon fodder (that's why 80's hockey sucked, because defense was illegal, pretty much like it is today).

I don't mind the Devils winning 1 goal games, but this is something I'd like to see:

1. Goals from lines where there is no Kovalchuk

2. Some 2 goal cushion games

3. More scoring in the first period instead of coming out flat, we haven't scored in the first period in a while (last six games including this one to be precise)

4. Dominating in brief spurts (maybe 1 or 2 shifts per period) with no momentum being carried from shift to shift

Lemaire has to change this mind set in the team or his own mindset and not get comfortable with a 1 goal lead. We know the Devils can roll 4 lines and simply dominate shift after shift, they are very capable of doing that.

I don't know what's more impressive...

This team's turnaround from the abysmal 10-29-2 to the unbelievable 20-2-2?

How quickly Kovalchuk managed to become a non-liability defensively while regaining his offensive explosiveness?

Or Rolston's turnaround from someone who looked like he was just counting days and collecting checks to actually hustling, working the boards, finding open ice, hitting the net and WANTING to be the guy in the big spot?

Goddamn, I love this fvcking team.

Or Rolston's turnaround from someone who looked like he was just counting days and collecting checks to actually hustling, working the boards, finding open ice, hitting the net and WANTING to be the guy in the big spot?

I hate when he passes now! any micro-inch of space he gets inside the blueline, I want him shooting. his game IS his shot!

Same with kovy