Congrats to Boston, 2011 Stanley cup winners

MDPucks

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lundqvist's reaction was priceless! Gaborik with the assist!

The Pens won, which would have been nice to see them lose. But Buffalo winning and the Rags choking is just as good as a perfect night for me!

Sucks Pittsburgh won, but meh whatever. As long as the Rags and Phailures lose. This was an epicly embarassing Ranger loss too, which makes it even better.

any more fuel on the fire or purely still speculation at this point that hockey is returning to Winnipeg?

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/60934547616968705

If Coyotes are finished in PHX, or not, definitive resolution one way or other could still be weeks away. Maybe days but more likely weeks.

There is a big meeting tomorrow with the NHL and Goldwater with a neutral third party involved. I'd say based off of everything out there it looks like they are going back to Winnipeg. That meeting tomorrow could sway the odds a lot one way or the other, should be interesting.

I believe Phoenix belongs in Phoenix.

True, there a lot of different opinions and no one is right or wrong. I do feel horrible for the true die-hard Coyote fans that are going through this. At the same time I've felt horrible for the true die-hard Jets fans and what they've gone through for a decade and a half. I've always been a big supporter of bringing teams back to Winnipeg, Quebec, and Hartford since I enjoyed watching those teams when I was young and just getting into hockey.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Phoenix will not move. Matthew Hullsizer was in attendance tonight decked out in Phoenix gear. He is the only serious buyer in position to acquire the team and has zero plans of moving the franchise. I fail to see how anyone isn't sympathising with Phoenix..we were once in the same situation. If you heard the "let's go coyotes" chants going on well after the game ended, you'd have experienced the same chilling sensation that I did.

Phoenix will not move. Matthew Hullsizer was in attendance tonight decked out in Phoenix gear. He is the only serious buyer in position to acquire the team and has zero plans of moving the franchise. I fail to see how anyone isn't sympathising with Phoenix..we were once in the same situation. If you heard the "let's go coyotes" chants going on well after the game ended, you'd have experienced the same chilling sensation that I did.

I normally just skim articles or whatever McKenzie talks about since I don't care enough about it to follow it closely on a day to to day basis (hell the Yankees and my fantasy baseball team have been consuming enough of my free time lately :P). So I'm not qualified to make an expert analysis, but from what I've gathered by skimming through is that the deal with Hulsizer is in serious jeopardy and nothing is for certain. I'm sure after tomorrow's meeting we'll have a much better idea of which city its leaning towards.

I don't think its far fetched that people aren't sympathizing with Phoenix. Everyone has their own personal reasons and their entitled to those. For me as I stated above I remember watching Jets highlights when I was first becoming a hockey fan. I remember being young and seeing them having to pack up and leave their fans who were devastated. For that exact reason I feel horrible for the Phoenix fans but also at the same time great for the people of Winnipeg since they've waited so long to get a team back. If this move wasn't back to where they came from I would probably be on the Phoenix side. I also have a friend I met through this forum that is a Devil fan who lives in Winnipeg. For his sake I think it would be great for the team to be there so he wouldn't have to travel so far to see the Devils in person and in general he would have NHL hockey available to him for the casual night out. These are just my personal reasons for my opinion, not that it matters, its just one of thousands of opinions out there on this. Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of hurt people in this situation no matter what happens.

I know this post was off-topic so perhaps if others think this could be a worthwhile discussion we should move it to a new thread?

Hullsizer can deck himself out in all the gear in the Coyotes team store, but unless he appeases the Goldwater Institute and no public funding is involved in the purchase, he is SOL.

I sympathized with Winnipeg when the Jets got taken from them. I had a chill when the players stayed on the ice to wave goodbye to to the fans after they got eliminated back in 96. But just because the fans love their team doesn't mean a team belongs there. The city of Phoenix doesn't seem to want a team.

The city of Phoenix doesn't seem to want a team.

Just because there aren't ENOUGH die-hard Coyotes fans doesn't mean there aren't ANY Coyotes fans. And for those die-hards, you have to feel some sympathy. Just because there are MORE 'die-hards' in Winnipeg and the team might be moved there doesn't mean that there was absolutely no one in the city of Phoenix who loved the Coyotes.

It wasn't their choice to bring a team to Phoenix, and it won't be their choice that the team is leaving. Such is the world of professional sports fandom.

Just because there aren't ENOUGH die-hard Coyotes fans doesn't mean there aren't ANY Coyotes fans. And for those die-hards, you have to feel some sympathy. Just because there are MORE 'die-hards' in Winnipeg and the team might be moved there doesn't mean that there was absolutely no one in the city of Phoenix who loved the Coyotes.

It wasn't their choice to bring a team to Phoenix, and it won't be their choice that the team is leaving. Such is the

world of professional sports fandom.

When I said Phoenix didn't want the team I was referring more to the decision makers. I know the fans want the team and of course I feel for them, just as I felt for fans in Minnesota, Quebec, Winnepeg, and Hartford. As you said, its not the fans choice.

Ryan Miller: yes I doubted you, please accept my apologies and do us all hockey fans a favor and KO the Cryers.

Also Tyler Myers, thank you for PWNING Briere and closing that chapter once and for all, in Sabres history. My avatar is in honor of that moment.

Regards,

LOTCB