Doc in NHL 15

Bonginator11

so much for the thread being about nhl 15..

Haha seriously that was my original intent. But I guess that dissipated in a hurry. I know I will definitely be purchasing NHL 15 because of the Doc factor. I bet he will make the game a thousand times more enjoyable. I really do miss his play by play for the Devils broadcast. We were definitely spoiled.

Ugh can we please move away from this?

On Sunday was the 2-year anniversary of that happening and every devils fan group on Facebook was all over it. We make fun of the rangers and their fans for constantly bringing up 1994 especially since we won the cup three times since. Now we are constantly bringing up something that happened two years ago while the rags are one win away from being in the finals. Sunday was one of those days I was a bit embarrassed to be a devils fan.

UGHH what a hipster. 2 years ago isn't that long ago. Beating your rival in the ECF is a life changing event as a die hard fan. If you get over that in 2 years you're either bored with life or not as entrenched as other die hards. Either way looking down on other fans is dumb.

I'm praying Pierre doesn't make his way into the game.

Also I'm not the biggest fan of Eddy.. I'm sure he'll be the color guy in the game as well.

Oh well, Doc will make it worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's Doc, Eddie, and Ray Ferraro from TSN.

UGHH what a hipster. 2 years ago isn't that long ago. Beating your rival in the ECF is a life changing event as a die hard fan. If you get over that in 2 years you're either bored with life or not as entrenched as other die hards. Either way looking down on other fans is dumb.

Life changing?  Really?  Isn't that going a bit overboard?

Life changing?  Really?  Isn't that going a bit overboard?

While life-changing MAY be a little overboard, its still a memorable event for "die-hard" fans.  I'm not very old and it certainly was the most memorable event in my time as a fan.  I remember parts of '03 and '00, but didn't appreciate the sport or the team in the same way I do now as an young adult.  

Edited by RizzMB30

While life-changing MAY be a little overboard, its still a memorable event for "die-hard" fans.  I'm not very old and it certainly was the most memorable event in my time as a fan.  I remember parts of '03 and '00, but didn't appreciate the sport or the team in the same way I do now as an young adult.  

Maybe that's the difference as I remember 95, 00 and 03 very well so 2012 is great, but not the same as those years, at least to me.

But you are right as 2012 was memorable and I do enjoy it but just wish we could have finished the job that year.

Maybe that's the difference as I remember 95, 00 and 03 very well so 2012 is great, but not the same as those years, at least to me.

But you are right as 2012 was memorable and I do enjoy it but just wish we could have finished the job that year.

Agreed.  I watched every second and I think it was totally possible that year if we didn't throw away game 6 on that silly misconduct call.  Just a great run.  But glad we could agree on that at least.

Agreed.  I watched every second and I think it was totally possible that year if we didn't throw away game 6 on that silly misconduct call.  Just a great run.  But glad we could agree on that at least.

Not even just that, we were a shanked shot late in Game 1 and a rip off the crossbar in the last 20 seconds of Game 2 away from taking a 2-0 series lead.  That series was closer than a lot of people realize, most notably the Rangers fans who still go, "LOL YOU WERE ALMOST SWEPT BRO!"

So, in 2012, NHL had Giroux on the cover. 2013, NHL had Brodeur on the cover. Now, they have Doc as the principal commentator, the same man who has called thousand(s) of Devils games and countless amazing Devils moments (and ECF 2012 game 6) throughout his career. Barring anything amazing happening to them in the next few weeks, Rangers fans must be sick of the NHL game franchise by now haha... 

1994 was 20 years ago.

You're not a very happy guy.

I have a poster hanging in my room that says "Henrique it's over". I also have a tee shirt. That is the most exciting thing that has happened to this franchise in the last decade. You really think it's embarrassing to bring it up? Wow.

hes being a baby.  2 years of savoring one of the best hockey calls in history DOES NOT EQUAL 20 years of MSG re-runs of the Rags cup run, the Messier guarantee, the endless MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! clips. You would THINK that sh!t happened 2 years ago they way they still tout it.

hes being a baby. 2 years of savoring one of the best hockey calls in history DOES NOT EQUAL 20 years of MSG re-runs of the Rags cup run, the Messier guarantee, the endless MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! clips. You would THINK that sh!t happened 2 years ago they way they still tout it.

One of the best calls in hockey history? Now you, like others, are going overboard with this. It's one of the greatest calls for devils fans but in history? C'mon you are reaching there and you know it and people really need to stop with the hyperbole around 2012. It was a great event for us but damn it's going out of control

One of the best calls in hockey history? Now you, like others, are going overboard with this. It's one of the greatest calls for devils fans but in history? C'mon you are reaching there and you know it and people really need to stop with the hyperbole around 2012. It was a great event for us but damn it's going out of control

No, im not.  I'd say out of all the great calls, its in the Top 25.  I'd put the 94 Matteau call on that list too.  Why are you so butthurt about this?  you always have to be THAT guy "YOU CANT HAVE THIS OPINION BECAUSE THIS"

No, im not. I'd say out of all the great calls, its in the Top 25. I'd put the 94 Matteau call on that list too. Why are you so butthurt about this? you always have to be THAT guy "YOU CANT HAVE THIS OPINION BECAUSE THIS"

So out of at least 50 years of broadcasters calling hockey games that's one of the top hockey calls in history? You know that is 100% subjective and no ones list will be the same or even close as their bias will always get in the way. You are completely reaching there and I already stated it's a great call but doesn't need to be brought up all the time, especially when the rags are one game away from the finals and could possibly win the cup this year. Then we can brag all we want about 2012 but they will have a cup while we haven't won one in 11 years.

As mentioned earlier, I think a lot of this has to do with age and/or when people started following the devils. I was at the cup winning games in 1995 and 2003 and remember 2000 very well and those moments will surpass 2012 every time for me. I guess those who were either too young or didn't follow the team then right now only have 2012 to remember.

So out of at least 50 years of broadcasters calling hockey games that's one of the top hockey calls in history? You know that is 100% subjective and no ones list will be the same or even close as their bias will always get in the way. You are completely reaching there and I already stated it's a great call but doesn't need to be brought up all the time, especially when the rags are one game away from the finals and could possibly win the cup this year. Then we can brag all we want about 2012 but they will have a cup while we haven't won one in 11 years.

As mentioned earlier, I think a lot of this has to do with age and/or when people started following the devils. I was at the cup winning games in 1995 and 2003 and remember 2000 very well and those moments will surpass 2012 every time for me. I guess those who were either too young or didn't follow the team then right now only have 2012 to remember.

Or they just really enjoyed a moment that erased a lot of bad memories. There's no need for whole the elitist thing. A lot of us were around for 95, 2000, 2003, etc. It doesn't mean we can't enjoy something recent.

Yeah, i'd say its up there.  Just as i said about the SM goal in 94.  

just the fact that it "embarrasses" you when other Devils fans openly enjoy our history just because the Rangers are a game out shows your insecurity about this team or your fandom. Its a sport, teams miss playoffs, others win. The Rangers happening was inevitable. It in no way effects your life at all to have someone else bring up the past of OUR team and appreciate it.

i just don't understand how you projecting on other fans provides any sort of validation.

and you can talk about age all you want but i was brought up in a devils family.  I'm 23 and I can remember going to games all my life.  I remember making cardboard Stanley cups and screaming like a mini madman.  I remember crying in 2001 when the Devils lost.  If its just a pissing contest about whos been a fan longer then you should be encouraging reminiscing even MORE about the past.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Yeah, i'd say its up there. Just as i said about the SM goal in 94.

just the fact that it "embarrasses" you when other Devils fans openly enjoy our history just because the Rangers are a game out shows your insecurity about this team or your fandom. Its a sport, teams miss playoffs, others win. The Rangers happening was inevitable. It in no way effects your life at all to have someone else bring up the past of OUR team and appreciate it.

i just don't understand how you projecting on other fans provides any sort of validation.

and you can talk about age all you want but i was brought up in a devils family. I'm 23 and I can remember going to games all my life. I remember making cardboard Stanley cups and screaming like a mini madman. I remember crying in 2001 when the Devils lost. If its just a pissing contest about whos been a fan longer then you should be encouraging reminiscing even MORE about the past.

It's not a pissing contest but damn if you need to harp on something from two years ago when the rags are about to go to the finals and possibly win while the devils are out playing golf for a month now? Yeah and I'm the insecure one.

I wonder if the rags win the cup if devils fans next year do the "if you know the ranger suck" chant with the "and they'll never win the cup" part in there. I bet anything they will and that's when I truly put my head down in shame as I do not expect better from a good chunk of this fanbase. If you want to talk insecurities, then how about less whining about not being allowed to chant "you suck" to the other team and focusing half the chants at any given devils home game against the idiots who play across the river.

Or they just really enjoyed a moment that erased a lot of bad memories. There's no need for whole the elitist thing. A lot of us were around for 95, 2000, 2003, etc. It doesn't mean we can't enjoy something recent.

Funny I would have thought the three cup wins since 1994 would have erased that memory but I guess not given how focused this fanbase is on the team across the river.

It's not a pissing contest but damn if you need to harp on something from two years ago when the rags are about to go to the finals and possibly win while the devils are out playing golf for a month now? Yeah and I'm the insecure one.

I wonder if the rags win the cup if devils fans next year do the "if you know the ranger suck" chant with the "and they'll never win the cup" part in there. I bet anything they will and that's when I truly put my head down in shame as I do not expect better from a good chunk of this fanbase. If you want to talk insecurities, then how about less whining about not being allowed to chant "you suck" to the other team and focusing half the chants at any given devils home game against the idiots who play across the river.

Funny I would have thought the three cup wins since 1994 would have erased that memory but I guess not given how focused this fanbase is on the team across the river.

You seem way more focused on the Rangers than anyone else. All fans of rival teams do chants at each other. It's gone on forever. No matter what they do, Devils fans will make fun of them and no matter what the Devils do, Ranger fans will make fun of them. It's just how rivalries go.

And again, to show your focus on the Rangers, the Henrique goal was big for a lot more reasons than 1994. It was big because the Devils had been a first round and out team for 10 years and had yet to win a big series in their new arena. It signified that the franchise wasn't done yet. The fact that it was against the Rangers was a nice bonus, of course.

Drop the elitist attitude and stop comparing something recent to something 20 years ago. The more you get called out on it, the more off-tangent your replies get.

Drop the elitist attitude and stop comparing something recent to something 20 years ago. The more you get called out on it, the more off-tangent your replies get.

Elitist comes from those who hate hearing how embarassing they are looking.

I bet criticizing that Devils fan this morning for calling into the Boomer and Carton show about comparing Lundqvist and Brodeur is elitist too then?  When Devils fans are grasping at straws to "stick it" to the Rags we look pretty pathetic.

Edited by DevsMan84

You seem way more focused on the Rangers than anyone else. All fans of rival teams do chants at each other. It's gone on forever. No matter what they do, Devils fans will make fun of them and no matter what the Devils do, Ranger fans will make fun of them. It's just how rivalries go.

And again, to show your focus on the Rangers, the Henrique goal was big for a lot more reasons than 1994. It was big because the Devils had been a first round and out team for 10 years and had yet to win a big series in their new arena. It signified that the franchise wasn't done yet. The fact that it was against the Rangers was a nice bonus, of course.

Do you hear Rags fans sing songs about the Devils when they are not playing the Rangers?  Nope.  To say that Rags fans are just as focused on the Devils as we are on them is hopeful at best.

As for the Henrique goal if that was true that is signified more than about 1994, then why is every time I see it the Rags are front in center on the topic?  Let's say the Devils did that against a team such as Boston.  Devils fans would bring it up still but not to the level as they do against the Rags.  At least 75% of the reason Devils fans bring up the Henrique goal is because of it was against the Rags.

Do you hear Rags fans sing songs about the Devils when they are not playing the Rangers?  Nope.  To say that Rags fans are just as focused on the Devils as we are on them is hopeful at best.

As for the Henrique goal if that was true that is signified more than about 1994, then why is every time I see it the Rags are front in center on the topic?  Let's say the Devils did that against a team such as Boston.  Devils fans would bring it up still but not to the level as they do against the Rags.  At least 75% of the reason Devils fans bring up the Henrique goal is because of it was against the Rags.

At least 75%?? That's a very specific percentage for something that in no way can be proven. I would 67% of fans don't care and just want to have fun. 

I don't understand why you have so many "rules" for how other fans are allowed to act.

At least 75%?? That's a very specific percentage for something that in no way can be proven. I would 67% of fans don't care and just want to have fun. 

I don't understand why you have so many "rules" for how other fans are allowed to act.

It's not about rules but damn does our fanbase know how to make themselves look bad and have an huge inferiority complex.

Again its not about the fact that we won the ECF but the fact that it was against the Rags is why fans go nuts over it.  How come fans don't bring up our win against Pittsburgh in the 2001 ECF as much then?  Hell they hardly brought it up a year or 2 years or 3 years after as well.