Hypothetical question

roomtemp

Let's say a genie came down and would give the Devils a prime Crosby, McDavid or Erik Karlsson level elite player for a certain money value straight from your pocket.Guaranteed 8 years fair cap hit,  How much would that be? I'd say 500 bucks of my savings would be worth a it for the Devils to be at least playoff level good with an elite player like that.

6 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

Sorry for clogging up the page from all the fast breaking mid July hockey news.

I'll usually try to defend anyone, because I love playing Devils advocate, and I also hate when people are misunderstood with generally good intentions, but really...what's the point of this?  It doesn't even make sense.  I don't know how many games you get to each year, but if it's more than 2 or 3, you're probably in for more than $500 already, after tickets, food, transportation, etc.

$0

I am certain that the genie is obligated to grant the wishes for free once you rub that lamp; and the cash part is just his side hustle to scam roomtemp out of $500 and whatever escrow plan martyisth3b3st has thought up.

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lazer said:

how much to make lovejoy go away...$500 seems fair.

Actually, Capfriendly tells you precisely how much that would cost.  If the Devils aren't willing to pay it, you can get together with a couple thousand fans to chip in a few hundred bucks to cover it.  Of course, the team will probably lose a first round pick for cap circumvention, but whatevs, been there's done that.