GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, Jersey Sure said:

The refs hosed us.  But the Devils didn't do themselves any favors.  You get a power play at the end of the 3rd with a chance to tie, and don't ....that's once again not taking advantage of opportunities.  0-4 on the power play.  And you give them that play at the end of the 2nd, you bet that's gonna be a goal.  They just can't keep making those dopey mistakes on a nightly basis and then not cash in on power plays.

That's the difference between a confident and a snake bitten teams. They create enough chances but can't finish. They have to earn every goal now, but slumps end. They are due for a winning stretch.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh no Dano clearly knew what was going on here :lol:

I'm arguing with Bruins fans about intent right now.  They clearly believe it to be accidental.

That's why I changed my post hahaha, I though you were saying Dano actually thought it was accidental lol. Whatever, I love Dano hahah! 

Also, New England sports fans are the fvcking worst honestly.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

Oh no Dano clearly knew what was going on here :lol:

I'm arguing with Bruins fans about intent right now.  They clearly believe it to be accidental.

Tell the Bruins fans to choke on a fvcking d!ck, no one gives a fvck about about their worthless fvcking opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jersey Sure said:

Per Andrew Gross:

"John Hynes says refs approached him and Miles Wood afterward and acknowledged a mistake, said it should have been one penalty."

Retweet

They can go f..k themselves now. Like they didn't know it when it happened.

Referee admited his mistake there. A good chance for the Devils to go higher up there.

You know what would've been nice? His acknowledgement right AFTER he made the call, and quickly amending it to a 2:00 penalty. Acknowledging it when it's too late doesn't do jack sh!t. It's infuriating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

That's why I changed my post hahaha, I though you were saying Dano actually thought it was accidental lol. Whatever, I love Dano hahah! 

Also, New England sports fans are the fvcking worst honestly.

They’re just spoiled. They’ve won championships in all 4 major sports in their lifetime. I still think Philly and NY fans are worse. They haven’t won sh!t in decades but still act like their teams are world beaters. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You know what would've been nice? His acknowledgement right AFTER he made the call, and quickly amending it to a 2:00 penalty. Acknowledging it when it's too late doesn't do jack sh!t. It's infuriating.

Unfortunately it would have still be 5 on 3 with the tying goal.

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Is thursday's game against Nashville a must win?

Nah

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nice to see only one Metro team (Caps) are higher. 

It all depends on the health of Cory and Hall though. Nothing else matters. 

May sound stupid, but maybe Appleby can turn this team around? Remember Murrey when Fleury went down in Pitts? They were a top Cup contender of course, but still...

I think what happened on that Wood play, now that I know that the refs apologized, is that one ref called a cross-check and one ref called interference on the same exact play, which I don't think the rulebook allows.  Referees have to communicate with one another about what they are calling.  

The Devils didn't play a great game overall, but they played a solid road game in a back to back scenario.  They played a very simple game, a lot of point shots and tip plays, and managed 2 5 on 5 goals.  Just couldn't put anything else together and of course the goalie gets hurt and there's a terrible penalty goal and an incredible fluke goal.

If they can keep playing this way, they'll win some games - just have to hope the goaltending can hold up.

• Like 3