Your First ever nhl game

anthony

Halloween 1993. Devils vs Rangers at the Halifax Metro Centre. On the glass, blue line, Devils end.

My brother and I were two Devils fans surrounded by Rangers fans to left, to the right and behind us. We chatted it up, shared popcorn, and they invited us out to a bar afterwards (had to decline, by brother was only 17). Couldn't understand why Devils fans hated Ranger fans... they seemed pretty cool. Once I got on the internet I found that NOVA SCOTIAN Ranger fans are cool... most others, not.

1993 Devils vs Capitals, they won 6-3. Chris Terreri was in goal and thus became my favorite player. I was about 9, was amazing.

edit: 3rd row seats 1 and 2, tix were somewhat affordable then =) I dont think I have ever sat that close since

Edited by squishyx

My first ever NHL game was when I was 19. It was the Stanley cup finals vs Dallas. I knew the Devils were going to win the cup after beating the flyers and I knew they were going to lose game 5 in Jersey so if we would have stayed and extra 2 or 3 days we would have seen them win the cup which would have been cool. It was still pretty cool though because I got to go to the devils hotel I only saw I think it was pandolfo when going to see Scott's mom I think it was but it was still cool. The only bad thing is that we had downstairs passes but they weren't letting anybody down there. Some of the devil players did come up and I saw Mckay, Gomez, Brodeur, Stevens I think that's it. I hung around our little group of Gomez and his parents, my brother some of our friends, Mike Peluso and Randy Mckay. I did get screwed out of getting better tickets because Lou gave Peluso some really good tickets in the lower bowl and he got something that let him go into the owners box which is where he went and give the tickets to my brother. Well he took his girlfriend which kind of made me a bit mad because she was a whore but other than that it was good I got free tickets so I can't really complain.

I cannot remember my first game but I saw th Colorado Rockies beat the Ranger$ 4-1 in 1977 0r 1978.

My dad split seaon tickets for the Failyers in that 3rd upper ring row at the old Spectrum. I used to root for whoever played Philly.

Saw some great Islander and Canadian teams. Wish I could have appreciated it more.

It was '92 or '93. The Rangers and the Penguins played an exhibition game at the Greensboro Coliseum and my church youth group went. I was really excited because I had only seen the ECHL Greensboro Monarchs play and the NHL when it came on TV. I don't know why they did that, though. The Hurricanes didn't start playing there until the fall of '97.... :noclue:

December 20th, 1986 (I still have the ticket stub) - Devils vs. Habs at the Montreal Forum.

Devils lost 5-2, the highlight was waiting outside the visitors dressing room after and getting my Devils media guide autographed by the Devs - I remember getting Kirk Muller, Greg Adams, Mel Bridgeman, Aaron Broten, Craig Wolanin, Joe Cirella, John MacLean, Pat Verbeek, Doug Sulliman, Claude Loiselle, Peter McNab and Anders Carlsson.

Ahhhhhhh, those were the days!

First game I went to was in 91 against the Pens but I don't really remember it. The first game that I remember was Game 4 against Pittsburgh in 93. Devils were down 3-0 but won the game 4-1. I've been a fan ever since.

I want that Devil voodoo power!!! Down 3-0 to win 4-1!

I know you meant the series, but it sounds cool :)

Edited by aylbert

I went as a baby so I don't remember. But i have vague memories of a Devils/Leafs game, in which the Devils crushed them prob late 80s/early 90s. Also the opening of the 75th NHL season against STL. Two of my early memories.

I can't really remember specific games until I 93-94, I was 8 years old.

2000-01 season Bruins Devils game in Boston I was 24. It was a company outing game. Not sure of the score but the Devils were in a losing streak as Arnott and Neids were holding out. It went to OT (LIke 90% of the Devils games in Boston) and Gomez scored in OT with 3 seconds left. Sykora scored a short handed goal as well.

2-2 tie with the caps in 1984.

pappy bought tix 3 rows from the glass, i think the cost was 17.50. times sure have changed...

on a side note that year i got a really cool life size chico resch poster sponsered by some instant oatmeal company!

that's by far the coolest fan give-away i've ever seen....too bad it is lost to the ravages of time.

Mine was in 83.. i was 4 and couldnt tell you a thing about it. I went to many from 83-86 that i cant remember much about. I just remember enjoying the hot dogs and other snacks my dad would buy us..and my dad getting hit with a puck and catching a few. I hate the netting!

2000-01 season Bruins Devils game in Boston I was 24. It was a company outing game. Not sure of the score but the Devils were in a losing streak as Arnott and Neids were holding out. It went to OT (LIke 90% of the Devils games in Boston) and Gomez scored in OT with 3 seconds left. Sykora scored a short handed goal as well.

If I remember correctly, Sykkie scored that shorty with under a minute left to send the game to OT. That was a heck of a first game.