Mottau close to re-signing

Patches O'Houlihan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who think it was Mottau that brought that defensive pairing down, then they did not watch many games. It was White who was the weak link between the two. Mottau has limited experience and he has to make up for a guy who has the same vision as Blackbeard and does not check or fight anymore.

the problem isn't Mottau as much as him being attached at the fvcking hip to Colin White... the only way that seemed like it was gonna go away was through UFA.... goddamit :rant:

time to keep the hopes low next year :P

(and I'm usually the RATIONAL one this time of year)

seriously? mottau?

we are in for another bad season :(

Mottau isn't a bad 3rd pair defenseman. The problem last year was that he was getting more minutes than he should because of injuries, and being paired with White didn't help. Hopefully whoever the new coach winds up being realizes that those two shouldn't be paired with one another. Still, as long as Mottau's new contract is in the ballpark of $1 million, I'll be happy to welcome him back.

with salmela out for the beginning of the season, the devils have 4 defenders 'under contract', and one of them is mark fraser. while i'd like to see mottau gone from a 'blow it all up' perspective, mottau has been a pretty enormous bargain the last 2 years.

WHY Lou WHY??? Why the fvck would you want to resign Mottau! The guy is a nightmare out on the ice! Move on and get different players already. Mottau and White were a total disaster last season as a pairing. Devils do not need Mottau. Ugh....

White is the guy who dragged that pairing down, not Mottau. Mottau is not great, but if he was away from White he would be decent.

Also on another note, how do people become "keepers" of places inside the Rock? I know this was probably explained someplace here, but how do you do that and what does that entail? I see SatansDevils as keeper of the Fire and Ice lounges. How do I become a keeper of something?

Yes. Because 1st place in the division is a bad season. Mottau played way better at the end of the season.

+1 I'd love to have Mottau back for a reasonable price.

For those who think it was Mottau that brought that defensive pairing down, then they did not watch many games. It was White who was the weak link between the two. Mottau has limited experience and he has to make up for a guy who has the same vision as Blackbeard and does not check or fight anymore.

White was one of our best defenders this year. He was our best defensive defensmen.

I still have really high hopes for Salmela. I hope he's not hurt by this surgery and they can still work with him and make him a starter.

+1

Mottau is the reason why we didnt score on the PP and the reason why the flyers beat us in the first round... :giggle: Mottau is also at fault for the world economic problems. its all mottau's fault! :giggle: :giggle: :horse: