GDT: Devils vs Sabres 7:30pm

RunninWithTheDevil

Cory himself is the difference between us and the bottom feeders and why I'm not as broken up about the win. The poor guy deserves some wins for putting up with this sh** show.

The fans who are hoping to lose our way into a top draft pick are likely to be disappointed - for multiple reasons. I have been in full on 'que sera sera' mode for awhile now and it has been working out for me nicely.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that has me puzzled about these statements, which I see a lot on this board, is why a lot of posters seem to have this belief that we are in some toe-to-toe battle for McDavid. There are 5 teams below us in the standings and two teams a point or less above. Buffalo specifically, has 17 less points than us. We are nowhere even close to competing with them for position in the standings.

I know this means absolutely nothing, but out of like 11 times of trying this NHL Draft Lottery Simulator, I got the Devils FOUR TIMES, Buffalo only once, Edmonton three times, Arizona once, Los Angeles (weird) once, and Ottawa once.

Really strange lol.. http://nhllotterysimulator.com

All I get out of it is that 20% for the worst team isn't really all that much. Anything can happen with that ONE lottery selection.

Edited by DJ Eco

I know this means absolutely nothing, but out of like 11 times of trying this NHL Draft Lottery Simulator, I got the Devils FOUR TIMES, Buffalo only once, Edmonton three times, Arizona once, Los Angeles (weird) once, and Ottawa once.

Really strange lol.. http://nhllotterysimulator.com

All I get out of it is that 20% for the worst team isn't really all that much. Anything can happen with that ONE lottery selection.

I ran it 11 times, The Devils came in 6th or 7th every time.

Took me over 30 times to get a Devils win.

Edited by Neb00rs

I ran it 11 times, The Devils came in 6th or 7th every time.

Took me over 30 times to get a Devils win.

Took me 7 times to get the Devils.

Man could you even imagine if we'd win. lol

But to be fair we won the lottery already few years ago while we were at 8th. So to do it twice, that would be a sign of god or something lol

The one thing that has me puzzled about these statements, which I see a lot on this board, is why a lot of posters seem to have this belief that we are in some toe-to-toe battle for McDavid. There are 5 teams below us in the standings and two teams a point or less above. Buffalo specifically, has 17 less points than us. We are nowhere even close to competing with them for position in the standings.

I have no hopes for the two top players, but I STILL want to finish as low as possible, one game can mean the difference between a player you want and one you settle for.. its just math...the higher you draft the more choices you have, crap shoot or not

Took me 12 times to get the Devils to win on the simulator.

Most of the time I got the Devils to finish in the 6th or 7th spot.  Sounds about right though wish it was closer to 4-6 lol.

Well technically at this time we can only be 1,6 or 7. Either we win the lottery, either someone under us win and we stay there or someone behind us win and we get bump to 7.

I think it's still possible to drop a few spots til the end of the season and hopefully we will

I have no hopes for the two top players, but I STILL want to finish as low as possible, one game can mean the difference between a player you want and one you settle for.. its just math...the higher you draft the more choices you have, crap shoot or not

Of course I agree with this. My point is that we are far from locked into a battle for the bottom spot in the standings and unlikely to even get close to there (points-wise not position-wise).

I would feel bad for McDavid if it ends up being Toronto. Talk about going right into the fire.

I wouldn't. If I am McDavid, Toronto is probably my number one choice among the current bottom six teams. With McDavid, Toronto is probably in the playoffs next year.

Watch it'll be LA

:lol: I almost want this to happen just for the ridiculousness of it. I love it when the system fails.

It's not just McDavid. There's some big talent in the top 5 or so. Alot of us want a piece if that. Plus, of course, a better lottery chance.

It's not just McDavid. There's some big talent in the top 5 or so. Alot of us want a piece if that. Plus, of course, a better lottery chance.

As I mentioned above, I am aware of that. My point is that there's a lot of 'us and Buffalo' talk on this board, and it's far from that. Actually at this point I am almost ready to lock Buffalo in to the bottom spot in the standings.

Now my opinion on the importance of which pick we get is an entirely different conversation than the one I was having here, which as you may know, is that I don't really care if we pick at 5 or 9, because there is no evidence to show that we will get a better or worse player in the long run. That doesn't mean that I don't want to get the lowest pick we can get, I do, but I don't punch a hole in the wall every time we win.

I would feel bad for McDavid if it ends up being Toronto. Talk about going right into the fire.

The pressure that would be on that kid from minute one will be unprecedented if he ends up in Toronto. We haven't seen hype like we'll see if McDavid becomes a Leaf... And considering the hype-driven age we live in, that's saying something. Edited by MadDog2020

As I mentioned above, I am aware of that. My point is that there's a lot of 'us and Buffalo' talk on this board, and it's far from that. Actually at this point I am almost ready to lock Buffalo in to the bottom spot in the standings.

Now my opinion on the importance of which pick we get is an entirely different conversation than the one I was having here, which as you may know, is that I don't really care if we pick at 5 or 9, because there is no evidence to show that we will get a better or worse player in the long run. That doesn't mean that I don't want to get the lowest pick we can get, I do, but I don't punch a hole in the wall every time we win.

Who said they're punching holes after wins? People are just hoping that Lou accepts where the team is at the moment and doesn't do something stupid like hold on to playoff hopes. I still cheered when they won last night, but id still love to finish 5 from that bottom

Who said they're punching holes after wins? People are just hoping that Lou accepts where the team is at the moment and doesn't do something stupid like hold on to playoff hopes. I still cheered when they won last night, but id still love to finish 5 from that bottom

Ummm, okay then I won't eat myself up after wins? We are playing semantics here. Many people on this board are definitely cursing their stars every time we win (ok, I mean are very upset). I didn't criticize that either, just said it's not my perspective.

Edited by Neb00rs