2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Is this a reverse jinx? They will get dismantled by either the Kings or Hawks. Not sure anyone in the East has/had a chance to bring it home this year. The Cali teams and Chicago are playing the game at a much higher level. I can't see the Finals going past 5 games.

I hope you're right. Anything can happen though... Which is somewhat terrifying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I really don't get why anyone is upset that SD hates the Habs more than the Rangers. It's definitely all due to geography. He doesn't have to deal with all the Rangers fans and their bullsh!t like us in the NJ/NY area have to and that's really what makes us hate them so much. If he lived near us all he'd hate them just as much as we all do, but he doesn't so who cares?

I really don't get why anyone is upset that SD hates the Habs more than the Rangers. It's definitely all due to geography. He doesn't have to deal with all the Rangers fans and their bullsh!t like us in the NJ/NY area have to and that's really what makes us hate them so much. If he lived near us all he'd hate them just as much as we all do, but he doesn't so who cares?

Apparently that '7 dude cares lol but he's been silent about it since everyone called him out on it. lol

I'm starting to see a bunch of awful blue clothing pop up in my town. I can't stand this. I go to a family party and people who have never even watched the game of hockey are bringing up that team to me. This is a nightmare.

I can't stand bandwagon jumpers. They're not real sports fans. They're people who feel the need to latch on to something to make them feel cool, and whenever a team goes on a run, these idiots crawl out of the woodwork. If you don't have a true allegiance to the Rags, just shut your face and don't talk sh!t to me about sh!t- you 'aint a real fan. I don't ever give people like that the satisfaction. Edited by MadDog2020

I can't stand bandwagon jumpers. They're not real sports fans. They're people who feel the need to latch on to something to make them feel cool, and whenever a team goes on a run, these idiots crawl out of the woodwork. If you don't have a true allegiance to the Rags, just shut your face and don't talk sh!t to me about sh!t- you 'aint a real fan. I don't ever give people like that the satisfaction.

As a Rangers fan, these people bother me just as much, if not more. If you haven't been through the years and years of Rangers futility, YOU HAVEN'T EARNED ANYTHING. :) 

I tell myself the bandwagon jumpers can't enjoy this as much as I can, because I lived through the Dark Days of Quintal, and Gusarov, and Brendl, and Muckler, and Pilon...and God, there are too many to list... 

• Like 1

As a Rangers fan, these people bother me just as much, if not more. If you haven't been through the years and years of Rangers futility, YOU HAVEN'T EARNED ANYTHING. :)

I tell myself the bandwagon jumpers can't enjoy this as much as I can, because I lived through the Dark Days of Quintal, and Gusarov, and Brendl, and Muckler, and Pilon...and God, there are too many to list...

This is the type of thing bandwagon jumpers don't understand. These types of people are casual fans at best who don't get it. They don't get what it means to live and die and suffer with a team for years and years. They jump on the bandwagon, and once the run ends, they go back to not caring/watching. Like I said, these people are not real sports fans. Most of them don't get it, and never will. But they'll always be the first a$$hole in line to say 'HEY BRO DEVILS SUCK, LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!' I truly despise these types of 'fans'.

of course cause thats what creates a rivalry. When fans goes at it too and are mixing with each other.

Im 100% certain i'd hate the rangers a lot more if id like in the NY/NJ area lol and im sure you'd hate the Habs a lot more if you live up here haha

But surely you realize how a Rangers deep playoff run/cup can hurt the growth of our fanbase, not to mention nauseate the existing fan base. That alone should want you rooting for the rags to lose.

But surely you realize how a Rangers deep playoff run/cup can hurt the growth of our fanbase, not to mention nauseate the existing fan base. That alone should want you rooting for the rags to lose.

Being placed smack dab in the middle of three other well established teams didn't give us too much chance for a fan base to begin with.

So will someone from the Habs have the balls to run the Queen into the first row tonight? A tone needs to be set. The earlier the better.

agree. you HAVE to retaliate.  take one of either Kreider or Lundy out of the game

I'm pretty sure this board would commit mass suicide if that was the matchup.  It's making me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

I think the league would be much happier with Chicago/New York and wouldn't mind Chicago/MTL either. LA/MTL is the only meh matchup of the bunch.