Game Day Thread: Devils vs Islanders

Don

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Laffs fans will be screaming about Marty not playing. I feel bad for Clemmy. Would've been nice for him to get the win.

I love this team. I really thought they were letting the game go, but wham bam it's all tied up. It's like they scripted it somehow?

Stan just asked Madden how he felt about the outcome of who got in the playoffs decided by a shootout (paraphrased) and he said he wouldn't want to be Leafs fan right now. :lol:

I wonder if the league is going to get a lot of slack about the shootout now. :rolleyes:

Gotta give Dubie credit for going all out with the poke check. Then again, had he missed, who knows how this game would've ended.

Mixed feelings about this game. Part of me is disappointed the Devs lost after the comeback, but part of me says they didn't deserve to win. The fact that they showed up for only 5 minutes against one of the lower-echelon teams in the league and still managed to almost pull a win out of their asses is easily the most maddening aspect of these New Jersey Devils. It shows you how good this team really is, but it also gets the players thinking that they can coast and still win provided they turn it on at the right time. You'd think they would've learned you can't do that after last year's debacle against Carolina, but obviously not.

Devs need to show up for a full 60 minutes. If they do that, they can beat anyone in the league.

I just feel like the Gomez line isn't going to put it together. I'm in favor now of splitting them up.

Gionta-Gomez-Clarkson

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Brylin-Rupp

Pandolfo-Madden-Rasmussen

It's a bit out there. But I think it needs to happen.

the devils mailed this one and only really showed any effort in those final minutes...what a waste of an afternoon watching such crap.

happy for nolan and his people, excellent coach...good for them.

satan and kozlov are money in those shoot outs.

Just got back from the game. This is the first loss I've been to that doesn't seem like a loss. The last 5 minutes of regulation were incredible, I've never yelled as loud at a game than I did with a second left in this one. That being said, however, the first 55 minutes were awful, no one gave a sh!t, and if madden didn't deflect that puck in with 5 minutes left, they wouldnt have even bothered trying to score at all. Clemmy was good in regulation but looked like Marty in the shootout. Terribly disappointed at Lou that Marty didn't play today, we're not playing again til Wednesday or Thursday, he should have played.

Just got back from the game. This is the first loss I've been to that doesn't seem like a loss. The last 5 minutes of regulation were incredible, I've never yelled as loud at a game than I did with a second left in this one. That being said, however, the first 55 minutes were awful, no one gave a sh!t, and if madden didn't deflect that puck in with 5 minutes left, they wouldnt have even bothered trying to score at all.

Just getting back from the game as well and this really did not feel like a loss or a bad loss anyway. I would have liked to see Brodeur in there today and now he will have 6 days off and hope he will not be rusty come Thursday night for Game 1, Round 1.

What a last regular season game ever @ CAA! I actually had tears in my eyes when the Devils scored the tying goal with 0:09 left in the game. The CAA went nuts. Clemmy played pretty well and that first goal was not his fault. The defense was just standing around and watching the Isles players keep poking at the puck! :argh: Devils could have won this game 2-1 and it was nice to see them get it going in the last 8 minutes of the game to tie it. Two big goals by Madden and Devils at least got 1 point today. :evil:

Brodeur finishes the season with career and NHL record 48 wins, 23 losses and 7 OTL with 12 SO. :koolaid: It would have been nice to see win #50 by the Devils and #49 by Brodeur and 92 wins in two seasons. Brodeur tied Parent with 91 in two years.

Parise led the Devils in goals this season with 31 and almost had another today. :koolaid:

Now the regular season is over and time to concentrate on Tampa Bay here on Thursday night! :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS!!! Beat those Bolts!

Just got home from the game- WOW!! That is one no one will ever forget, I'll say that. There were a TON of Islander fans there and when we scored with .9 seconds left, you should've seen them. The group in 242 looked ready to commence a mass suicide by jumping off the CAA roof. They honestly looked like they had thier hearst ripped out of their chest. We taunted them for good measure, with mock chants of "DUBIE"!! :D But really an incredible finish. I wish we could've pulled it off and knokced the Isles out, but not to be I guess. On to Tampa!!