Twitter buzz points to Guy Carbonneau being named new Devils Head Coac

USC09

I am sorry but I almost don't care anymore who he hires. Why hiring a coach is so painful for the NJ Devils is beyond me. What a great way to demonstrate that the NJ Devils care less about it's loyal fans or growing more fans.

Stay "status quo" Lou. Now that the T Devils are gone maybe Lou will hire his son as coach.

Well, the end must be near. I agree with LD. But you're right. It's like pulling teeth for this guy to find a coach EVERY YEAR. Why did we have to wait till mid-July last year for John MacLean? Why are we waiting till mid-July AGAIN this year when he knew Lemaire wouldn't be returning. And all this for Therrien or Hitchcock? I mean, he coulda picked a name out of a hat by now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the end must be near. I agree with LD. But you're right. It's like pulling teeth for this guy to find a coach EVERY YEAR. Why did we have to wait till mid-July last year for John MacLean? Why are we waiting till mid-July AGAIN this year when he knew Lemaire wouldn't be returning. And all this for Therrien or Hitchcock? I mean, he coulda picked a name out of a hat by now.

MacLean was hired in mid-June.

Well the Devils start their prospects and developmental camp next Monday, so sometime next week it would be fitting for Lou to name a coach. But Lou hired both Sutter and Lemaire on July 13th in 2007 and 2009 respectively, which is next Wednesday, maybe that could be the day and then Lou will say its just a coincidence that happens on the 13th. But I think he should just get the coaching headache out of the way and focus on locking up Parise to an extension already. I think we are very close to knowing who the coach will be, but how close is very close?

Sigh. Point is this happens every year, it seems. You'd think he'd have a wish list or something.

Unfortunately this is the way it's been since day one with Lou. I'm sure it has a lot to do with his constant micro management. The fact that he has to oversee every little detail for the organization is both a blessing and a curse. But if the end result is a successful season followed by a even more successful post season it will be worth it. :koolaid::evil::koolaid:

Well the Devils start their prospects and developmental camp next Monday, so sometime next week it would be fitting for Lou to name a coach. But Lou hired both Sutter and Lemaire on July 13th in 2007 and 2009 respectively, which is next Wednesday, maybe that could be the day and then Lou will say its just a coincidence that happens on the 13th. But I think he should just get the coaching headache out of the way and focus on locking up Parise to an extension already. I think we are very close to knowing who the coach will be, but how close is very close?

I thought Lou didn't care for the number thirteen.

EDIT: Bitch you can't be serious! :rant:

Edited by sammyk

Sigh. Point is this happens every year, it seems. You'd think he'd have a wish list or something.

Especially since we've basically known we needed a coach for this year since late December.

I think Lou's a bit stubborn about trying to talk his first choice into taking the job and that's not a good thing imo. When you have to talk anyone into taking an NHL job they start with one foot out the door the minute you drag them in, we should have learned that lesson with Sutter.

Unfortunately this is the way it's been since day one with Lou. I'm sure it has a lot to do with his constant micro management. The fact that he has to oversee every little detail for the organization is both a blessing and a curse.

That's a good point too, the fact Lou always has to have at least one mole on the staff (MacLean, Robinson, etc) and generally all the assistants wind up being ex-Devils I'm sure complicates negotiations with coaches who want to hire their own staff entirely. I wonder if any other GM in the league is so 'hands-on' when it comes to hiring assistants?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yes he did. But he was at the Prudential Center several times last season and must have spoken to Lou then. We really don't know what was discussed when Hitchcock was there for a few Devils games. Lou may have had some kind of interview then. I saw Hitchcock the one game and said hello to him. He is a really nixe guy and he just loves hockey to death and he really likes the Prudential Center. Hitchcock also said in one of TH articles that he would be a perfect fit for this Devils team.

Really? Thats cool if he came to several games just because. Didnt think he lived near here. Where was he sitting?

Aaaaand another day of nothing. This is pretty ridiculous now.

Seriously i dont care about not having a coach yet, i just want to see Parise signed long-term...

i know that we're sure to have Parise next year and that a coach may be more important now... but i still want Parise signed ASAP... can't believe its taking so long

NJ introduced Sutter and Lemaire later than this. I don't think it's a legitimate issue, much as I would also like to see a coach named.

It's not so much a major issue as it is fvcking annoying. I understand how important a hire this is, but he's had plenty of time to do due diligence on these guys, and we've known we were gonna need a coach for quite some time. The fact it's taking this long is a bit ridiculous.

NJ introduced Sutter and Lemaire later than this. I don't think it's a legitimate issue, much as I would also like to see a coach named.

Only by six days, it's getting late even for Lou and as MadDog said, we've known for literally six months we'd need a coach. Maybe if SOMEthing got done (Parise extension, the trades we were basically promised) it wouldn't be as annoying but it's almost as if Lou's enjoying making us squirm with all of these things.

And Lemaire was only announced later because Sutter quit about a month after the season, so it wasn't as long a timetable. It took a while to name Sutter because he had to be talked into taking the job and we saw how well THAT worked out :P

Plus the timetable's a bit more of an issue this year with all the prospects ready or almost ready and you want the new coach to work with them in prospect camp.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Only by six days, it's getting late even for Lou and as MadDog said, we've known for literally six months we'd need a coach. Maybe if SOMEthing got done (Parise extension, the trades we were basically promised) it wouldn't be as annoying but it's almost as if Lou's enjoying making us squirm with all of these things.

And Lemaire was only announced later because Sutter quit about a month after the season, so it wasn't as long a timetable. It took a while to name Sutter because he had to be talked into taking the job and we saw how well THAT worked out :P

Plus the timetable's a bit more of an issue this year with all the prospects ready or almost ready and you want the new coach to work with them in prospect camp.

I honestly feel this year makes the most sense to take the time to hire a coach. Unlike those other years, the Devil's missed the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. Plus we saw a coach the Devils had been training for some time struggle with the team we currently have. I assume it's very difficult to make this type of decision, and he doesn't want to set the team back again. Especially with a young group of guys on the team or on the verge of making the team.

Edited by The Facepainter

at this point, i think the only thing that makes sense is that for some reason, lou thinks there is a some sort of chance lemaire will change his mind and come back. and perhaps, lemaire hasn't said "stop calling me."

i am out of any other logical explanation.

at this point, i think the only thing that makes sense is that for some reason, lou thinks there is a some sort of chance lemaire will change his mind and come back. and perhaps, lemaire hasn't said "stop calling me."

i am out of any other logical explanation.

With Lou, you just never know. Wouldn't shock me at all.