Janssen is backkkkkkk

SterioDesign

I cant wait to see him in red again. Itll also be nice to have someone that other teams players fear a little bit. Clarkson was that guy after Cam originally left but has focused more on putting up the points rather then dukeing it out...which Im not complaining about.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait to see him in red again. Itll also be nice to have someone that other teams players fear a little bit. Clarkson was that guy after Cam originally left but has focused more on putting up the points rather then dukeing it out...which Im not complaining about.

I wouldn't be complaining about it if he was actually putting up more points...

I wouldn't be complaining about it if he was actually putting up more points...

Yeah I agree with that statement. I just think he has focused more on his own personal game then he has just fighting and tossing his weight around. Id like to see him put up 16-18 goals a season.

Best news since Elias re-signed.

I should also post my signature that I had since he was traded.

"I had a real good connection with the fans," he said. "They appreciated what I brought to the table. I was loyal to them and they were loyal to me." -Cam Janssen after being traded to STL.

Welcome home Cam. Your first job is to beat up Salvador so we can keep him on LTIR all season.

Edited by Elias26

i don't think NJ ends up making a trade with clarkson, but i think if he does go, he goes to san jose.

I would hate to see that happen. I think that Clarkson with Janssen would be a pretty damn good pair up. I love what Clarkson brings to the table. He is another player, much like Janssen, that puts it all on the ice every night no matter what the score or the outcome of the game.

Edited by Quinn01

I would hate to see that happen. I think that Clarkson with Janssen would be a pretty damn good pair up. I love what Clarkson brings to the table. He is another player, much like Janssen, that puts it all on the ice every night no matter what the score or the outcome of the game.

I like clarky too but with all the kids doing so well in offense and janssen back, we really don't need his 3M hit.

I like clarky too but with all the kids doing so well in offense and janssen back, we really don't need his 3M hit.

Yeah I know but I would rather keep him around for a few more seasons. There are some good players that we have stuffed away waiting for their opportunity. Id just rather see Pelley, Steckel, Rolston, Mair all go before Clarkson. Obviously his day will come where he is told to pack it up but I just hope it isnt any time soon. Atleast not this season, Id like to see him with Cam on the ice together. I feel like Id be watching The Mighty Ducks's bash brothers.

they play the same position, they won't be on the ice together.

they play the same position, they won't be on the ice together.

It needs to happen. Death would follow.

We had a line for the powerplay that was all offense even on defense, so you never know what the new coach would decide to do.

Edited by Quinn01

I understand Clarkson gets paid 5+ times what Janssen does (well, assuming Cam makes $550K, but stranger things have happened). But in all honesty, he gives you 5+ times what Cam does. Even last year. So let's lay off the Clarkson slagging. Cam doesn't replace him because he's a spot starter who might play 5 minutes if a game is out of hand.

If you bring in Cam under the pretense of playing him 82 times and remove Clarkson from the roster... your team just got significantly worse.

I understand Clarkson gets paid 5+ times what Janssen does (well, assuming Cam makes $550K, but stranger things have happened). But in all honesty, he gives you 5+ times what Cam does. Even last year. So let's lay off the Clarkson slagging. Cam doesn't replace him because he's a spot starter who might play 5 minutes if a game is out of hand.

If you bring in Cam under the pretense of playing him 82 times and remove Clarkson from the roster... your team just got significantly worse.

I don't think Janssen is a replacement for Clarkson, but I also don't think Clarkson is deserving of "slag-free" treatment. Since we've been removed from Devils hockey for a while now, it took me some time to remember just how bad of a season he had. 18 points in 82 games. He did manage to have 170 hits, for whatever that's worth, but averaging about a point every 5 games for $2.67 million is just eating away cap space for underachieving production.

Everyone knocks Rolston (myself included) because he's likely for a 40-point season over 82 full games. That's almost double Clarkson's cap hit for double the production.

Janssen won't play 82 games; I don't think anyone is suggesting this is a one-for-one move. But if Janssen becomes the 4th liner to replace Adam Mair's spot duty (or what he should have been receiving, anyway), and Clarkson gets moved, that opens up roster spots for guys like Zharkov, Tedenby, and Josefson to play more games...and it clears cap space, which would help in re-signing Parise or potentially fitting Larsson onto the team.

Biggest downside: Devils would lose another physical winger capable of playing top-six minutes if needed. With Clarkson moved, the Devils' most physical forwards are Pelley and Janssen, with Palmieri and Zubrus distantly trailing.