Not the Devils year...But please

westcoastdevfan

I can't stand seeing the Devils lose, especially to the Flyers. I can't tell you how much worse it will feel if Philly goes on to win the Cup! I will be sick to my stomach :puke: and if Toronto wins, I will myost definitely be depressed. :evilcry:

So please hockey gods you can sacarfice my Devils but don't let those two monsters win. :pray:

Edited by westcoastdevfan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry too much about Toronto... the Sens seem to have woken up.

I thought Joe's back/knee/other bones would last until the second round. I stand corrected.

As for the Flyers, I'm sure someone will crack Esche. He's not a good goaltender. We are just making him look like one.

Here is my order of preferred Eastern Conference winners:

1) Devs

2) Senators

3) Canadiens

4) Lightning

5) Bruins

6) Isles

7) Leafs

8) Flyers

I would hate to see Flyers/Leafs win anything !

I don't dislike the Isles but they are too close to home.

I dislike the Bruins - since the '88 playoffs !

The others don't really matter to me.

Here is my order of preferred Eastern Conference winners:

1) Devs

2) Senators

3) Canadiens

4) Lightning

5) Bruins

6) Isles

7) Leafs

8) Flyers

My List:

1) Devs

2) Canadiens

3) Lightning

4) Bruins

5) Isles

6) Sens

I hate Toronto so much that if they won, I would seriosuly consider retiring as a hockey fan....Im dead serious too

Me too!! Me too!! :evilcry:

I've no problem with the Sens winning. I hate the Habs now after the Ribeiro and the Kovalev situations. The Bruins are fine with me. The Leafs, hell no... Sens are fine. Flyers, well, I don't really care, if they're good, they deserve it. No hard feelings. :blink:

Wait, how about them Flames.

Edited by Leafs_whine_2_much

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's Ottawa's year. They've gone through all the growing pains a team needs to before winning.

But, if it's not the Sens, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be another team from the East. IMHO nobody in the West is impressive this year, and that counts the Wings, who are being exposed big time by the Preds.

Just have 1 tiny thing to comment on:

As for the Flyers, I'm sure someone will crack Esche. He's not a good goaltender. We are just making him look like one.

Esche has won against a lot of the top teams:

NJ, OTT, TOR, VAN, MON, NAS, STL, NYI

He has 1 OT loss against Boston. The only team that he has flat out lost against is TB.

One thing though... if the Flyers do go on to win the cup at least we were whooped by the team that whooped everyone right? I mean Like the Wild and the Ducks last year. If the team that beats you goes out in the next round, well then you obviously just didn't play your cards right. THAT sucks IMO.

Part of me thinks if my Devils can't beat them then NO ONE is allowed!

I hate Toronto so much that if they won, I would seriosuly consider retiring as a hockey fan....Im dead serious too

Oh cmon now! How long would that retirement last? A day :lol: . Go Leafs Go!!!!!

Oh cmon now! How long would that retirement last? A day :lol: . Go Leafs Go!!!!!

Think what you want, if it happens Im done, I hate everything about that team, period.

it seems to me that last year should be this year and this year should be last year based on the way the team is built, but of course you have the Stevens factor. Last years team had no business winning the cup, this years team has no business losing in 5 in the 1st round. Luck of the draw I guess...

I have no idea how some people here root for Ottawa, remember the last game of the 1996 season, remember Bruce Gardiner & Yashin in OT and the 1998 debacle. What has Toronto ever done to us? We beat them twice, they have Almo and Nieuwendyk. No ax to grind with them.

Go leafs!

it seems to me that last year should be this year and this year should be last year based on the way the team is built, but of course you have the Stevens factor. Last years team had no business winning the cup, this years team has no business losing in 5 in the 1st round. Luck of the draw I guess...

I have no idea how some people here root for Ottawa, remember the last game of the 1996 season, remember Bruce Gardiner & Yashin in OT and the 1998 debacle. What has Toronto ever done to us? We beat them twice, they have Almo and Nieuwendyk. No ax to grind with them.

Go leafs!

Hmmm.....axe to grind with Toronto...let me think...

Oh ya, how about an elbow thrown at Nieds heads and series full of cheap shots and whining. That about does it for my hatred of the Leafs and I lived in Toronto for 5 years.

-Scott

Who is left from those Ottawa teams? Alfredsson for sure. But who else? Wade Redden? Maybe Chris Phillips? Radek Bonk?

Tucker, Domi, and Marchment are still on Toronto, Pat Quinn is still the coach, and Toronto still sucks.

In 96 and 98 we beat ourselves.

Edited by Triumph

Besides, we beat Ottawa last year when we weren't 'supposed' to, so that takes away the sting from '98 for me. '96 we cost ourselves the playoff berth with our play the whole year, Ottawa beating us on the final day was more symbolic than anything else.

Toronto is an unlikeable team, no matter how many times we beat them while Ottawa is a bit of a sentimental favorite especially since 'we' were their role model.

A playoff series loss hurts a lot more than 1 cheap shot. Ottawa has twice ended our season prematurely, Toronto never has.

Well Niedermayer was never the same in 2001. And we lost to the Avs, and that could be a reason why. So just let that go? No dice. We're fans. That's fuel for the mill.

They're a bunch of whiny pussbuckets and turtlers. I don't care if we ended their seasons, it doesn't make me like them any. It's a rivalry. In a rivalry you root against the rival.