Avery back on waivers again

SterioDesign

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate everything about Avery the hockey player, but I like him for supporting marriage equality. I'd just as soon be able to like him in peace. Hope he never plays hockey again.

I heard that this all has to do with Mike Rupp. Rupp said he wouldn't play with Avery because of what he did to Brodeur in the playoffs a few years back. So once Rupp came back from his injury Avery magically goes on the health scratch list. He also went on to never play a single game when Rupp was cleared to play.

A devils fan pipe dream! Where did you hear this? Its hard to believe!!

A devils fan pipe dream! Where did you hear this? Its hard to believe!!

I'm friends with a girl who's brother works on WFAN the fan. He's also majorly involved w/ the Rangers. Pretty much just hear say from her but it's from a pretty good source. Who knows though, but it makes sense doesn't it?

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Who know though, but it makes sense doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read about hockey on the internets. No fourth liner is telling the coach he won't play with somebody. He'd find himself without an NHL job really fast. Can you really imagine Tortorella being told that by a player? Rupp is happy he has an NHL job, he wouldn't jeopardize it over something so ridiculously stupid as a lame play someone made years ago. This rumour has no credibility whatsoever, no matter who it came from.

No, it doesn't. This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read about hockey on the internets. No fourth liner is telling the coach he won't play with somebody. He'd find himself without an NHL job really fast. Can you really imagine Tortorella being told that by a player? Rupp is happy he has an NHL job, he wouldn't jeopardize it over something so ridiculously stupid as a lame play someone made years ago. This rumour has no credibility whatsoever, no matter who it came from.

It adds up perfectly if you ask me but hey take it easy tiger, don't shoot the messenger.

Time to finally claim him.

not a chance. He's still got a $3.875 million cap hit. Granted, it'd be prorated for the rest of the season, but if we're gonna pick someone up with that sort of cap hit it'd better be a guy who we'll be playing 15-20 minutes per night.

oh yea, and that thing about Rupp not wanting to play with him is a bit ridiculous. That's what I'd call "rumor-mongering". "friends with a girl who's brother works on WFAN the fan."? Really? c'mon, dude!

Edited by ohms law