GDT: Boston Bruins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

jesus fvcking christ... they always let guys WIDE OPEN in our zone

It's funny, I said just about the exact same thing. Word for word.

:(

Boston plays an all-out aggressive game.. Like the Flyers on steroids (and with fewer finished checks)

I just can't see us beating teams with more aggressive styles of play (BOS, NYR, PHI).. They put us on our heals in the D zone, and shut us down offensively..

But we can beat FLA, BUF, and even PIT with our style of play so that's a plus

I'd put the Rangers in the beatable category as well, and Philly is Boston lite right now so that's a more even matchup. Otherwise, yea, I agree. I'm hoping for Florida, personally. That's the most realistic good matchup for the Devs to draw, I think.

The only good thing about tonight is we're spared watching PDB's postgame where he brushes off a 6-1 loss. Honestly if one thing bothers me about him, he's just too easy-going, at least publicly. At least Lemaire would have something colorful to say.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Boston plays an all-out aggressive game.. Like the Flyers on steroids (and with fewer finished checks)

I just can't see us beating teams with more aggressive styles of play (BOS, NYR, PHI).. They put us on our heals in the D zone, and shut us down offensively..

But we can beat FLA, BUF, and even PIT with our style of play so that's a plus

Yeah, we've seen this before, especially in the playoffs...amazing how slow and overwhelmed the Devils can look sometimes. Marty looked especially old tonight, and not just on the goals...just in general.

I can't get mad about this one...I thought the Devils played hard and tried...the Bruins are just a better team and by a lot at that, especially the way they're playing right now. The good news is this game only counts once, and the Devils don't have to play the Bruins over and over again.

It's a little late for that now, he should have been pulled at 5-1. He clearly wants no more part of this game (neither does the rest of the team).

I pposted that at 5-1 when they didn't pull him. That's why I asked, "So they'll pull him at 6-1?"

The only good thing about tonight is we're spared watching PDB's postgame where he brushes off a 6-1 loss. Honestly if one thing bothers me about him, he's just too easy-going, at least publicly. At least Lemaire would have something colorful to say.

You forgot Doc calling the game. That was the other good thing. That was it though.