Oates and Stevens both coaching. Lou overlord. Barr Out.

ghdi

Yeah, we're all assuming that Eichel is the consensus #2, and I just don't think there's much of a chance that NJ will finish #1 or #2 worst, and that's what they would have to do to get Eichel.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this too. If we assume its McDavid - Eichel 1 and 2, our chance is better of getting McDavid by winning the lottery than securing the #2.

After all the unique talk, it sure sounds like Lou Lamoriello is the interim head coach, and Stevens and Oates are the assistants. Will that change? I have a feeling it doesn't because if thing don't get better, Lou can just say, I deserve to be facing the media. And if they turn it around, Lou can just say the arrangement is working where they can focus on coaching and teaching, and don't have to deal with the media.

There is a big picture here. Someone needs to focus on managing the personnel, and with an already thin management staff, I can't stand this arrangement. Lou can stand behind the bench and learn a bit about the team, but nothing that happens from January on should really change his thought process moving forward. Do you want a few wins to cloud the big picture and reality of this team? Do you think a better second half changes much past this season?

Going behind the bench seems like a bunch of crap. Lou talked about the positivity on the bench with the players and the new staff when they were down in the 3rd. Well if he was there under Deboer, I doubt he'd see much different.

After all the unique talk, it sure sounds like Lou Lamoriello is the interim head coach, and Stevens and Oates are the assistants. Will that change? I have a feeling it doesn't because if thing don't get better, Lou can just say, I deserve to be facing the media. And if they turn it around, Lou can just say the arrangement is working where they can focus on coaching and teaching, and don't have to deal with the media.

There is a big picture here. Someone needs to focus on managing the personnel, and with an already thin management staff, I can't stand this arrangement. Lou can stand behind the bench and learn a bit about the team, but nothing that happens from January on should really change his thought process moving forward. Do you want a few wins to cloud the big picture and reality of this team? Do you think a better second half changes much past this season?

Going behind the bench seems like a bunch of crap. Lou talked about the positivity on the bench with the players and the new staff when they were down in the 3rd. Well if he was there under Deboer, I doubt he'd see much different.

What he says and he's thinking are two totally different things.

Edited by capo

Lou is the most arrogant GM in all sports. Did you read his interview with Chere What a joke. Neither Oates or Stevens can talk to the press because Lou says only the HC or GM can speak and since we don't have a HC only Lou speaks. What a turn off, how does a new young fans get involved with this crap position by Lou.

That is the thing, he doesnt care what we think

Right, but they talked to the media yesterday. 

In fairness, they kinda of HAD to yesterday. It remains to be seen going forward if its going to be the norm. Lou was pretty clear with their roles. Neither are head coach. Lou is probably there to be the mouthpiece so he can frame everything himself.

In fairness, they kinda of HAD to yesterday. It remains to be seen going forward if its going to be the norm. Lou was pretty clear with their roles. Neither are head coach. Lou is probably there to be the mouthpiece so he can frame everything himself.

Correct. I think he's trying to be too controlling here and getting a hold of the narrative. But it's also a position that will bring more heat on him. Will be interesting to watch play out through the rest of the season and then offseason.

I don't think he would emphasize how unique the set up is if he wasn't intending on leaving as head coach this season.

..bingo. I even remember reading either today or yesterday from TG, that Lou even referred to them as "Co-Head Coaches" or something along those lines.

Lou has no intention of remaining behind the bench. The Devils play a very tough stretch here against three teams that are Top 10 in the league. If we make it out alive, and the atmosphere is still positive & responsive.. you may see him exit as early as the following week.

..bingo. I even remember reading either today or yesterday from TG, that Lou even referred to them as "Co-Head Coaches" or something along those lines.

Lou has no intention of remaining behind the bench. The Devils play a very tough stretch here against three teams that are Top 10 in the league. If we make it out alive, and the atmosphere is still positive & responsive.. you may see him exit as early as the following week.

And when it's the very predictable disaster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou would rather take the heat and the let the others just go about their business.

Might be his method. And listen when you are GM you need to go take the heat when things go bad considering all the praise you got and leeway given when things were great.

my reaction to the news:  :huh:

I'm really glad I'm not Lou.... because everyone would say I was making coaching decisions with my johnson :whistling:     :w00t:

:P  :uni::dizzy:    :dance:

:devil:

but seriously folks ... I am having a major MAJOR case of 'careful what you wish for' about now....

Edited by Pepperkorn

Since Lou has checked out this season, I'll most likely be doing the same.  If it's "unfair" for someone to be the sole head coach of this dumpster fire, then why is it fair for fans to keep watching/attending games?

I can't think of any game remaining this season that is a must watch.  At least the wife will be happy, I won't be glued to the TV 3-4 times a week watching hockey.

By the way, I do appreciate Jagr saying that he seems to like what they are trying to do in terms of puck possesion and carrying the puck more than dumping it in. 

He did say that under Deboer, they were told if there was no play, dump it in.

Looking at the roster, there are only a handful of guys that can make plays entering the zone. It's easy to say carry the puck in, but I don't think many guys are able to. It's not like Gomez and Jagr weren't trying to carry the puck in most of the time.

He did say that under Deboer, they were told if there was no play, dump it in.

Looking at the roster, there are only a handful of guys that can make plays entering the zone. It's easy to say carry the puck in, but I don't think many guys are able to. It's not like Gomez and Jagr weren't trying to carry the puck in most of the time.

Right, and this is the larger issue.  When you come up the ice 1 on 2 or 2 on 3, your only play is to dump it in and hope the other guys can make a play, or circle back and try to regroup in the neutral zone to enter with speed (by hitting the trailers).  The latter option is probably better but I certainly don't want a lot of guys on this roster trying that - coaches hate the idea of the puck moving in the opposite direction of the team.  

The weird thing about this team is that I'd probably rather have most of our D carrying it in than most of the forwards.  Severson, Zidlicky, Merrill, even Gelinas and Harrold and Greene and Larsson - none of them are morons with the puck (Gelinas is sometimes but last night showed that it isn't always).