GDT: Two left, Devils Lightning

Zubie#8

What Bernier did this year is pretty cool. He tied his career high in goals tonight (16) and tied his career high in points (32). But he's only played 65 games this year, as compared to the last time he scored 30 points in which he played 81 games ('08-'09). Bernier has not been this prolific since 2006-2007. This is 8 years later and he's coming off 12 points in 78 games last year. Good for him.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

What Bernier did this year is pretty cool. He tied his career high in goals tonight (16) and tied his career high in points (32). But he's only played 65 games this year, as compared to the last time he scored 30 points in which he played 81 games ('08-'09). Bernier has not been this prolific since 2006-2007. This is 8 years later and he's coming off 12 points in 78 games last year. Good for him.

Bernier is a streaky player. Great year for him, but someone I wouldn't want the Devils to pay much for. His first goal this season was his first in 50 games. 14 goals in 65 games this year, and 17 goals in his previous 225 games.

He's probably going to get way more than he should. On another note, it's funny that Pete would get crucified for always moving Bernier up to the top 6 or top 9 when there was an injury with absolute no results. And once he is gone, Bernier starts killing it.

As for Fraser, absolute too much hate on the board for him. It's actually unfair the abuse he takes. All of it should be directed to Lou/Stevens for continuing to put him out there and thinking so highly of him.

He's probably going to get way more than he should. On another note, it's funny that Pete would get crucified for always moving Bernier up to the top 6 or top 9 when there was an injury with absolute no results. And once he is gone, Bernier starts killing it.

I think some players thrive in a less organized system. Something tells me that if this team has better coaching next year, Bernier will be back to 12-15 points.

As for Fraser, absolute too much hate on the board for him. It's actually unfair the abuse he takes. All of it should be directed to Lou/Stevens for continuing to put him out there and thinking so highly of him.

It's true that no one shoud expect Mark Fraser to be like "I suck. Why are they even playing me?" It's kind of the same thing as the jokers on here who want Lou to say "This team sucks." But you know that the sh!tty player is inevitably going to be the one targeted.

I thought Hrabarenka had a good debut. He was obviously shaky and lost in some instances but he showed some toughness, looks like a good skater for a big guy, wasn't afraid of holding onto the puck, and he made some good outlet passes. Hope he plays on Saturday.

Matteau once again looked good in his limited amount of ice time. He showed some speed and that power move in the second period was nice.

My true objection to Fraser is, especially this year and especially the last few weeks to two months, we had a great opportunity to get some of our great young D-men a nice look at the NHL level, but we didn't take advantage of that (well, I guess until last night, but Fraser was still there). 

I think some players thrive in a less organized system. Something tells me that if this team has better coaching next year, Bernier will be back to 12-15 points.

its much more likely that berniers sh% goes back down either way, but if they keep the line together a 9.5ish isnt out of the realm of possibility. 20 pts seems very realistic. the question is will henrique and gomez have a replication of this year...prob not

Edited by EdgeControl