2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

That Calgary Non-Goal call...

Gary Bettman, et al arena sports need to replace their antiquated camera systems... there is absolutely no excuse with today's technology in video to have those blurred camera shots on the goals.

If NASCAR can capture crystal clear, lug nuts coming off at 200mph with their new cameras, the NHL should be using the same too.  Heck, the UK and Japan are already using 8K high frame rate cameras today.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Yea I'm starting to get on that Calgary bandwagon

and jeez same sh!t from game 6 2004 with the no goal.

Same exact end and identical play 7'. It was extremely odd. That the same boneheads in Toronto still can't get the call right with better technology inside the nets is a disgrace. Twitter blew up. They are so lucky the Ducks took some bad penalties and handed the Flames the game. I don't understand how the league can get such important calls wrong. They are sad.

Wonder if the league will makw an announcement today defending that non-goal call. Certainly looked like video evidence though the angle was favorable. Was there another angle that showed it onthe line? Regardless, I'm glad Flames came back. Resilience & guts. Good for them.

calgary had the WORST drafting track record ever. My buddy who's a flames fan was constantly whining about that and we'd laugh at it and its still horrible if you look at it but somehow they got this team running with just a few hungry younster and a good coach

Wonder if the league will makw an announcement today defending that non-goal call. Certainly looked like video evidence though the angle was favorable. Was there another angle that showed it onthe line? Regardless, I'm glad Flames came back. Resilience & guts. Good for them.

If they do anything at all, they'll make up some bylaw and claim it was in the rulebook all along like they did on that Brett Hull Cup winning "goal" back in 1999......

Is anyone watching the world championships? The American roster is filled with kids who haven't even seen an NHL game yet. Canada compiled the best who aren't in the playoffs. It can't simply be American players don't want to play in it. I'm hoping Canada's all star approach can change the culture of the tournament. As far as I remember, the north american teams were always younger guys.

2 playoff games decided with 1 second left in a week.  Can't imagine the reaction in Montreal to the Habs quitting on that last rush.

Caps-Rangers is reminding me of the old Patrick Division grinder playoff series in the 1980's.