GDT: Devils vs Perennial Suck Squad

jagknife

.... it was the equivalent of an Onion article.... written by me....

I did a similar one for the CBJ game a few weeks back [i think it was CBJ...]

Oops. Sorry if I put the whammy on your team. Oil are getting better. Kinda makes the next game at Vancouver a must win.

What a horrendous game - score aside, the Devils put up 20 shots on horrible Edmonton while trailing for much of the game.  Kyle Palmieri was again the only stand out, basically no one else had a good game.  Too many penalties.  Would've been nice if they had called that 5 minute major on Pouliot but I can see why they missed that one.

But yeah, this is the team I expected to see this year.

Merrill has to knock Eberle (?) on his ass on the pk. He literally had three whacks at the puck there.

Edit: Elias and Ruutu aren't world beaters but the fourth line can't continue to do nothing. Our top six isn't good enough to get a goal per game like Dallas, the Isles or Chicago. We need all the depth we can get

Edited by SMantzas

What a horrendous game - score aside, the Devils put up 20 shots on horrible Edmonton while trailing for much of the game.  Kyle Palmieri was again the only stand out, basically no one else had a good game.  Too many penalties.  Would've been nice if they had called that 5 minute major on Pouliot but I can see why they missed that one.

But yeah, this is the team I expected to see this year.

It wasn't a good effort. But Edmonton has improved immensely since Draisatl was recalled. Their offense is much more potent. He and Hall are destroying teams. Wait till McDavid comes back. They're gonna be a lot better.