2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is Hanzal really all that good?  His point totals aren't all that impressive.   I really think we should end up with at least another second rounder.  

he's a big guy, a 2 way player, but I think he gets overrated.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

What the fvck are you even talking about? I said if the Rags can't get cap help, Shattenkirk might come here, and you take a general point and turn it into 'it's bad if the Rags get cap help?' GTFOH with this sh!t. I obviously struck some fvcking nerve with you earlier, so just do me a favor and don't reply if you're gonna be a d I c k. And yeah, dude's a fvcktard if he signs with the Rags. I know, how unreasonable of me. emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha no nerve at all I actually smiled when you said if he doesn't end up with the Rangers he could end up here...  I would say there's a better chance he ends up in a place like Boston.  Signing big time free agents hasn't been our thing more often than not. Maybe this is the time we step in sh!t.

Edited by titans04

15 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yeah, Hanzal is decent, but he's not worth that.  Full deal is Hanzal, White, 2017 4th to Minnesota for 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, conditional 2019 2nd

Now to hope NJ doesn't entertain any thoughts of signing him this off-season.

Or B. Boyle for that matter.

ha no nerve at all I actually smiled when you said if he doesn't end up with the Rangers he could end up here...  I would say there's a better chance he ends up in a place like Boston.  Signing big time free agents hasn't been our thing more often than not. Maybe this is the time we step in sh!t.

We'll see, I could see him going to Boston too. Depends on how much he values location- does he really wanna be in the Tri-State Area, or if he can't have the Rags, will just being in the Northeast do? I, like pretty much everyone else, think he'll end up a Rag because that's just how it goes usually, but I obviously hope not.

Per Lavoie, Arizona is testing the market on Duclair.  I would definitely trade a second rounder for him.   

Times like this, I kind of wish the Devils had signed Elias for another year.  I think he had enough left in the tank that he would have been worth a decent haul at the deadline.  

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Per Lavoie, Arizona is testing the market on Duclair.  I would definitely trade a second rounder for him.   

Times like this, I kind of wish the Devils had signed Elias for another year.  I think he had enough left in the tank that he would have been worth a decent haul at the deadline.  

He isn't playing for us because he doesn't feel like he can, he has blatantly said it. On what planet do you think otherwise?

Just now, jagknife said:

He isn't playing for us because he doesn't feel like he can, he has blatantly said it. On what planet do you think otherwise?

Yup, if he could he'd be in red and black. 

And, I wouldn't trade a guy who spent 20 years with the franchise at the trade deadline. Just wouldn't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Official from LA: Bishop and 5th-rd pick in 2017 for Budaj, Erik Cernak, a 7th-rd pick in 2017 and a conditional 2017 pick.

That's a bizarre trade given that Quick just came back and looked great.  I guess maybe they were making sure Calgary didn't get him?  

That's a bizarre trade given that Quick just came back and looked great.  I guess maybe they were making sure Calgary didn't get him?  

I think they want an insurance policy on Quick in case he gets injured again so they aren't completely boned for the playoffs.

I guess, but Budaj has been as good as Bishop this year. 

Bishop is playoff proven though while Budaj isn't. It's still up in the air as to whether LA gets in, but if they do, I think they just wanted to have the piece of mind of having a playoff proven #1 behind Quick should something happen. I don't have a problem with it, I actually think it's a pretty good move. Not like they gave up a lot.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Elias wasn't going to sign with the Devils so he could get traded.  He wanted to finish up here.  If he wanted to finish up elsewhere he could've signed elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Who gives a sh!t if Shattenkirk ends up with the Rangers. I can't wait to hear about how he's the final piece on a Rangers team that has been acquiring final pieces for years. He'll just end up another under achiever in a Rangers organization that just doesn't get it.

I do. I care. Because they're our biggest rival, and I don't want to see them get better.

The Rangers are a few good breaks plus a hot Hank from being in the SCF again. I don't want that and Shattenkirk will certainly help them get there.

8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I do. I care. Because they're our biggest rival, and I don't want to see them get better.

The Rangers are a few good breaks plus a hot Hank from being in the SCF again. I don't want that and Shattenkirk will certainly help them get there.

Which, by the way, is why big free agents want to sign there as opposed to signing with us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

sign him just to peddle him?  I want him to retire as a Devil.

Teams that might be making a big(ger) splash next couple days:

Habs (don't know what they want/need Shattenkirk? Pens FW depth? Fla needs: nothing really, they like to trade  Edm- D depth? Ducks?