The NJ Offseason Thread

Derlique

I would love to see Henrique get dealt this offseason. I believe that Henrique's value is slowly declining, and would love to see Shero deal him out for a solid second pairing d-man and possibly a pick. Henrique has had great moments in a Devils sweater, but I don't think he fits with what the Devils are trying to do in the future. I also think that he has a much better reputation around the league compared to his actual skill level, which would allow the devils to get a decent return for him. 

Edited by Mu6atu

Just now, Mu6atu said:

I would love to see Henrique get dealt this offseason. I believe that Henrique's value is slowly declining, and would love to see Shero deal him out for possibly a solid second pairing d-man and a pick. Henrique has had great moments in a Devils sweater, but I don't think he fits with what the Devils are trying to do in the future. I also think that he has a much better reputation around the league compared to his actual skill level, which would allow the devils to get a decent return for him. 

I like Henrique a lot. It would really depend what is coming back. He is not the answer to our problems, but as a 20-25 goal, "bottom of your top 6" guy, he definitely has some value. I wouldn't be so quick to deal him.

That being said, we have a glaring need for a stud defenseman. 

• 3 weeks later...
Was just watching some Zacha highlights and man is his shot a big +++. Anyone think he'll take Cammalleri's spot as the triggerman on PP2? He really thrived there in juniors

Have you skewered those HF Phailures fans as requested? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Have you skewered those HF Phailures fans as requested? emoji6.png

Hah, I dont want to make this about HF, but I've been warned by mods there several times. I can't outright come at people; more like subtle pot shots that still make them go gaga.

Hah, I dont want to make this about HF, but I've been warned by mods there several times. I can't outright come at people; more like subtle pot shots that still make them go gaga.

That's why I don't post there. The over-moderation is ridiculous. Hot takes deserve to be skewered full stop. Anyway, given the Zacha hot takes over there and his performance in development camp so far, pot shot away because reading their garbage takes did damage to my eyes lol. 

There's a thread on HF asking us to post our teams top 25 draft picks in history. I know it's been said a bunch of times but holy hell there were some bad years for us consecutively. I mean Lou kept the team competitive by trading some good picks but it's pretty bad. Like 2005-2010. 1999-2002.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007066.html

This was my top 25 BTW (no order)

Marty Brodeur
Scott Niedermayer
Kirk Muller
John MacLean
Ken Daneyko
Viacheslav Fetisov
Brendan Shanahan
Pat Verbeek
Bill Guerin
Brian Rolston
Patrick Elias
Petr Sykora
Scott Gomez
Brian Gionta
Steve Sullivan
Sheldon Souray
Mike Commodore
Zach Parise
Travis Zajac
Adam Henrique
Adam Larsson
Damon Severson
Pavel Zacha
Michael McLeod
Nico Hischier

Edited by Jerzey

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So, when will we see if McLeod signs an ELC? According to everything I've read, the kid looks ready. Is it weird that I'm more excited about Mikey than I am about Nico?

I thought he signed one last year? Maybe I'm mis-remembering

Never mind. Bostondevil was all over that

Edited by Devil Dan 56

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So, when will we see if McLeod signs an ELC? According to everything I've read, the kid looks ready. Is it weird that I'm more excited about Mikey than I am about Nico?

He did.  Last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/devils-michael-mcleod-signed-entry-level-contract-with-the-devils/

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So the answer, then, would be October 7, 2016. 

great-scott.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

So the answer, then, would be October 7, 2016. 

Yeah, he signed it at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.  Then used some of the money to put a down payment on a house in Lyon Estates. 

• Like 2