New Adidas jerseys thread

thecoffeecake

We have a couple threads talking about our threads, but I thought we should have one for discussing the new looks for the other 30 teams.

From the teasers, it looks like no team touched their primary crest, and only Minnesota and San Jose put out anything new at all. Minnesota took the M  from their old wordmark logo and put it on as a shoulder patch, and San Jose is donning some new monstrosity as a shoulder patch as well. It looks like the jerseys themselves will be all there is to talk about. 10 hours until the unveilings.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

While the crest looks to be staying the same, from the teasers it looks like Colorado is making some sizeable changes to their design.  Hopefully they are moving away from the apron strings look as well.

I thought for sure we'd be in  for a  couple rebrandings at least. I imagine teams like Carolina and Washington among others can't use their current primary logos forever.

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I thought for sure we'd be in  for a  couple rebrandings at least. I imagine teams like Carolina and Washington among others can't use their current primary logos forever.

Well if they like what they have, it's up to Adidas to make it work. Caps best uniform is their 3rd jersey. The old red road jersey. It's really past time they just make it the primary home and the white version of that the away.

54 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm looking forward to the Vegas reveal.

Assuming they don't fvck it up (dangerous assumption) I think they could look pretty badass.

I was looking forward to it until I saw the logo and the color scheme.  I just don't see anything attractive or nice about those colors.  Not separate, nor together.  I anticipate the jersey design itself looking pretty bad, but even if I love it, throwing those colors on it will probably still make me dislike it.

19 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

They already gave the team a dumb name so I imagine...

And a horrible logo. Everyone said I was talking sh!t about it because I was looking to hate it when they revealed it, but then and now I can confidently say it's the worst logo in hockey. It's almost like when the Sonics moved in a hurry to OKC and threw together a garbage brand that somehow hasn't changed all these years later, except Vegas had plenty of time and money to make something decent. Terrible expansion choice, terrible name, terrible logo, can't imagine the jerseys will go a different way.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Nashville's leaked. It sucks. 

:o:unsure::puke:

That looks like some cheap ebay knockoff...not feeling that at all. 

• Like 3

Just now, '7' said:

Indeed that does look very cheap. Very half assed and uninspiring. Looks like one of those poorly copied replicas from China.

As Dirk Diggler once proclaimed:  HELLO EXACTLY!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

image.png

Oh for fvcks sakes. I had a long sleeve tshirt like that when I was 15...17 years ago. This looks terrible. And it's a very feminine looking cut to boot. Lovely. At least I'm saving a ton of money over the next few years not having to buy and jerseys. 

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

St. Louis Blues jersey has leaked.  Looks largely the same

DCyVdxHWsAUaVEz.jpg

This one isn't as bad at least. Still don't like this whole thing. But I hate change so...

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

St. Louis Blues jersey has leaked.  Looks largely the same

DCyVdxHWsAUaVEz.jpg

Kinda similar to the 98s that they wore, which I liked quite a bit (thought those jerseys were their best)...this one's pretty good, but not as good as the 98s

https://www.coolhockey.com/p49/St.Louis-Blues-Jersey-History/pages.html

Just now, Weekes Head said:

So...two teams already leaked. Someone losing a job today? Not surprised that we are seeing some sweaters coming through the woodwork but damn...nothing is sacred anymore lol. 

Only if the Leafs jerseys are leaked...

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

image.png

Damn, what a step backwards.   It looks like a kids replica. Did Adidas put their top entry level interns on the NHL jersey redesign or what?   

Edited by Lateralous