GDT - Devils @ Panthers 3/1/18

NJDfan1711

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean some of these posts are borderline psychotic in their lack of rationality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on, seriously? I like you MD but isn’t this coming from the same guy who beat the sh!t out of a garbage can? Don’t question my rationality. 

Other than the Boyle outburst I’ve been perfectly calm. Feel free to think we’re fine, I’ll feel free to think we’re fvcked. 

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

This loss is all your fault. You said you felt like we were going to win when the second goal was scored against us

Yup. You’re the guy in the car who says “I can’t believe there’s no traffic”. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

The criticism for a 4th line center is pretty surprising to me, have to say. 

Yeah, that’s not the issue at this point. 

It’s a four point game against one of the few teams we are favored against here on out. Look at the upcoming schedule. This game was pivotal.

Right, well they didn't get the bounces tonight. It happens. It sucks, I'm pissed too. This game was incredibly frustrating. But it happens. On to Carolina.

• Like 1

Yeah i mean... i'm one guy staying positive in the middle of people losing their sh!t calling our goalie sh!t and predicting that we're absolutely fvcked rahhh rahhh raaaaaahhhhhhh and the loss is on me haha What a strange fanbase we have

• Like 1

They skated well today and created a lot. Defensively they were careless more than a few times but Cory was fine. It's his first game back he's not going to be perfect. First two goals really were unfortunate flukes that could happen to anybody. Devils did get a good deal of sustained pressure but were just a bit late on a bunch of setups, hit the post twice, and credit to Luongo the rest. 

If this was a noncompetitive stinker I'd be more upset. Florida got the breaks, we didn't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steven M. said:

lol this board is so fvcking dumb during a loss

I guess the Devils were supposed to sweep this road trip, no questions asked?  

Frustrating game mostly because they played well enough to snag a point, but sometimes it doesn't go your way.  Just wish this team could lose without so much of the board completely losing their sh!t over it.  On to Carolina.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

lol this board is so fvcking dumb during a loss

If I could click thumbs up a million times, I would have. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

On a positive note, Cory played well

He played ehh. One incredibly soft goal and at least he didn’t re-injure himself. He had some brilliant moments but that softie killed us. 

Come on, seriously? I like you MD but isn’t this coming from the same guy who beat the sh!t out of a garbage can? Don’t question my rationality. 
Other than the Boyle outburst I’ve been perfectly calm. Feel free to think we’re fine, I’ll feel free to think we’re fvcked. 

Yeah I did- after game 7 against Carolina in 2009. I was well within my rights lol. And if you wanna think we're fvcked because of one game, go ahead, it's a free country. After 5 years out of the playoffs, I'm glad we're even having this conversation and not talking about the lottery. But I think you're overreacting. They played a good game tonight, they just didn't get the bounces. Hopefully they come with a big effort and some of those pucks go in tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

wat

The first goal he had 0 chance, and all things considered he played extremely well for his first game back. Stopped a breakaway, survived a 5-on-3, and kept them in the game when the Panthers were dominating large stretches. 

We tend to look back at teams that could catch up on us but seriously we're 3 pts away (with 1 game in hand) from getting the 3rd spot for the metro division which would guarantee us a spot in the playoffs. In this case we don't even need to worry about Florida cause they couldn't jump over us.

Plus IF Murray's concussion keep him out and that they struggle with their goaltending they could very well drop in the standings

• Like 1

RECAP

• There's 2 things the coaching staff needs to learn from this game.
    • 1. Getting the puck to the net works.
      • The Devils actually did a good job at this tonight, and the game tonight showed what can happen when you force the goalie to have to touch the puck.
    • 2. Pressuring the point men is very important.
      • This team never seems to do it.
      • The Panthers gave the Devils nothing when Schneider got pulled because they pressured the point guys, and almost scored the EN goal multiple times as a result.
  • Both teams got bounces tonight, but the Panthers got that one extra bounce which was the difference.
  • Hopefully that goal by Bratt helps his confidence, because we need him to get going again.

GOALIE RECAP

• Goal 1: Nothing Schneider could do
  • Goal 2: Inexcusable goal that needs to be stopped
  • Goal 3: Not Schneider's fault

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 53 to 51
  • ES FF: 37 to 42
  • ES SF: 27 to 29
  • ES SCF: 18 to 22
  • ES HDCF: 4 to 9
  • All CF: 62 to 56
  • All FF: 44 to 43
  • All SF: 31 to 29
  • All SCF: 23 to 24
  • All HDCF: 6 to 9

SCORE AND VENUE ADJUSTED POSSESSION 5 ON 5

• CF: 46.01 to 46.12
  • FF: 32.1 to 39.13
  • SF: 24.24 to 27.48
  • SCF: 17.5 to 19.1
  • HDCF: 4.2 to 7.53

The idea that Cory is a choke artist is some seriously dumb sh!t, but regardless of that, I thought he played pretty great considering it's his first game back. The first goal, whether it's Nico's fault or whoever, resulted in him getting pushed into the net by two fully grown ass adults so IDK WTF he could have done there. I thought it was GI but I guess most of y'all don't agree, whatever, moving on... the second goal everyone is apparently calling a softie but from my point of view what the fvck is he supposed to do there? Stand with his entire back glued to the post and crossbar? There are essentially zero shots that come from that angle, it basically wasn't even a shot, he just chipped it up in from the most improbable angle and of course, our luck, it goes in. Even if that's a softie - whatever. The third goal is just one of the best pure goal scorers on a clear break doing what he does. Nothing he could do. He made plenty of brilliant saves in the game that I highly doubt Taco Lack or KINCODE would have. Then again maybe we should go check with the facebook commenters and see what they think. Speaking of which, some of the posts in this thread are not far off from what a typical facebook post reads like. 

Other than that, thought Florida played well defensively and it was a pretty even game with us naturally getting zero breaks other than the Hall goal. Multiple posts, scrambles in the crease and sh!t that didn't find their way in. Whatever. Got Kinkaid tomorrow night against the one team he can actually say he has been fantastic against over his career and I am sure they will bounce back. Not worried about it at all. If you guys are gonna eat some Tide Pods or something over this then at least keep the poison control number nearby because I am still very confident we will be playing later than April 7th.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I agree with that. He was “fine”. I think if Kinkaid plays we maybe lose 4-2. He definitely wouldn’t qualify as “good” to me, today. Nor would I consider his outing a bright spot.

It’s the context of being his first game back after being out for so long. I didn’t see any rust, or anything that concerns me going forward. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

From your socially impaired lips to Hynes' ears.  If only he shared your keen insight and knowledge.

Yeah really, I mean he made it to the NHL without knowing that you’re supposed to put pucks on net. He’s probably elated to learn this news. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s the context of being his first game back after being out for so long. I didn’t see any rust, or anything that concerns me going forward. 

That 2nd goal was pretty rusty. 

• Haha 1