GDT: Devils @ Vegas - 14 Mar @ 10p Eastern

jagknife

Just now, Steven M. said:

It's Nico Hischier's world and we're all fvcking living in it, oh my god I love this kid so much. First goal for Grabs!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a fvcking beast. What a shift! This kid is our future! Can't believe I'll be watching him for years to come!

• Like 4

Nico is the best rookie in the NHL, I don't really care how many points Barzal has or how many goals Boeser has. No rookie has made as big of an impact as Nico Hischier has to this Devils team. First line center since game one. Only player on the fvcking team to not miss a game. Helping Taylor Hall to have a career year. Kills penalties, is the only useful player on the second unit of the power play, gets the majority of his points at 5 on 5. Is like 40 lbs lighter than every other NHLer and rarely gets outworked on the boards. Has the wheels to just skate around an entire team like he did on Grabner's goal. It's such a fvcking treat to know that this dude is going to be centering our top line for hopefully the next 10+ years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Nico is the best rookie in the NHL, I don't really care how many points Barzal has or how many goals Boeser has. No rookie has made as big of an impact as Nico Hischier has to this Devils team. First line center since game one. Only player on the fvcking team to not miss a game. Helping Taylor Hall to have a career year. Kills penalties, is the only useful player on the second unit of the power play, gets the majority of his points at 5 on 5. Is like 40 lbs lighter than every other NHLer and rarely gets outworked on the boards. Has the wheels to just skate around an entire team like he did on Grabner's goal. It's such a fvcking treat to know that this dude is going to be centering our top line for hopefully the next 10+ years.

He is also 1 year younger. It's incredible. If you want proof that 1 year makes a difference, look at Tyler Seguin. 1st year with the Bruins he got 22 pts in 74 games. 2nd year he got 67 pts. in 81. No doubt Nico can crack 70-80 pts next season. And after that who knows.

Edited by Devs3cups

3 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

well to be fair Barzal is having a better rookie season.

That being said... he's older than Nico so it's unfair to compare, Barzal was not even ready for the NHL at Nico's age so what Nico is doing is very impressive